Sounds like a screw is loose inside my Mavic?
7199 57 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

anneperry123 Posted at 2016-10-26 08:33
Nope. Doesn't prevent you from having nice things at all! That's why I bought mine from Apple. Jus ...

Seriously!? 9 times? Is that what you walk in and say, I want a "refresh please. Nope, nothing wrong with it." You must have way too much time on your hands. The time spent doing all that boxing/unboxing, driving, waiting in line at the apple store 9 times wouldn't be worth it.
2016-10-26
Use props
Anne Perry
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-26
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

United States

mdgavin2@alaska Posted at 2016-10-25 21:52
The fact that it has 242 threadlocker (or the Chinese equivalent) tells me it was never installed an ...

Thats what I am thinking, the threadlock paste is still clean on the screw, if it was screwed in and then fell out I would assume it would have scratches/marks in the paste.
2016-10-26
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

CabinPete Posted at 2016-10-25 19:58
If not will you send him payment to reimburse?

This is an amazing forum.

Yes, ok. I will do that.

Please tell me you've taken that beauty out on a flight.  If not, sell it to me. I wouldn't be scared to put that bad boy to the test.
2016-10-26
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

United States

stealle Posted at 2016-10-26 22:10
Yes, ok. I will do that.

Please tell me you've taken that beauty out on a flight.  If not, sell it ...

Actually I haven't yet! I did start it up, but just haven't gotten a chance to go outside and fly it...raining all day!
2016-10-26
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Nees Posted at 2016-10-25 18:11
You got screwed.  I just had to...

You write the intro's for CSI:Miami?
2016-10-26
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

N3VO Posted at 2016-10-25 17:01
Update! So I did that, and with the gimbal cover off, I tilted it and actually heard ( I think wha ...

Man, sorry this happened to your new drone that you waited so long for...

I would personally replace it just to be safe, not have it looked at by service dept, but an actual return and replace with a NIB replacement before the return period is over. No telling what else the tech missed.
2016-10-26
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-27 06:02
You write the intro's for CSI:Miami?

Yeah. I had just put my glasses on, when I wrote that!
2016-10-27
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

N3VO Posted at 2016-10-27 02:54
Thats what I am thinking, the threadlock paste is still clean on the screw, if it was screwed in a ...

Yeah that screw has never been fitted, I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy your mavic (you lucky git )
2016-10-27
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Revs Posted at 2016-10-27 08:23
Yeah that screw has never been fitted, I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy your mavic (you lucky ...

Might be fine, but loose/spare screws in electronics are obviously a no-no. Especially when the company is admittedly putting these together as fast as they can and the tech could have missed something else that you find out down the road causing you to send to repair and end up with a refurb.

I would think you could say 'Hey, you sent me a unit with spare parts rattling around in it. I need to return/replace with another NIB unit when the next one is availiable'. I don't think you should have to go to the back of the queue when they sent you a manufacturing defect.

2016-10-27
Use props
N3VO
lvl.1

United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-27 09:54
Might be fine, but loose/spare screws in electronics are obviously a no-no. Especially when the com ...

They told me that there is no chance I would get a replacement in two weeks.
2016-10-27
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-27 14:54
Might be fine, but loose/spare screws in electronics are obviously a no-no. Especially when the com ...

Neither do I, but it doesn't matter what we think ;)
2016-10-27
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

N3VO Posted at 2016-10-27 10:16
They told me that there is no chance I would get a replacement in two weeks.

Sending someone a product with a defect and then telling them they can't replace it for weeks seems pretty ugh. Since you may not hear it from DJI - sorry about that. I don't understand if they are saying they won't have another batch to even ship you one for weeks, or if they don't plan to offer you the next in line.

I would get in writing that you want them to let you know when the product is in stock and availiable for replacement and confirm you will be able to send your unit in at that time for a NIB replacement even though it will be outside of the return period. Or ask them to ship you the replacement when availiable and include a return shipping label to send your questionably built unit back - putting a hold on your card if agreeable.

I assume plenty of consumers will start to buy from an authorized seller on Amazon that ships via fulfillment by Amazon after November 1st to be protected by their holiday return policy until January 31 for a full refund... Hopefully with no intention of exploiting the policy, but it sounds like 90 days would sure be useful on these units... 7 days isn't enough time for plenty of people with busy lives to adequately have time to even get to a first flight on these let alone fully test it. I guess that may be why DJI sets the return period so low.

2016-10-27
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

If someone has received a Mavic and is experiencing trouble with it (or not), there is a poll at Poll: Having trouble with your Mavic? Update here that we are looking for feedback on.
2016-10-27
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

stealle Posted at 2016-10-26 22:10
Yes, ok. I will do that.

Please tell me you've taken that beauty out on a flight.  If not, sell it ...

It's good to see that you would have accountability for a recommendation.

Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic
2016-10-27
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

stealle Posted at 2016-10-26 06:49
Seriously!? 9 times? Is that what you walk in and say, I want a "refresh please. Nope, nothing wro ...

2016-10-27
Use props
Daveman
lvl.1
United States

I am so sorry the OP has had this issue and I hope it works out for them.  Fortunately, that screw has been the holdup.  DJI had shut down the entire manufacturing process to find it after a spot part inventory.  Now that it has been accounted for I'm sure they will get back to 100% production cranking these babies out at the blistering 1 a week rate they were up to before the shutdown
2016-10-27
Use props
Horog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25174 ft
Czechia

I have a similar problem, see http://forum.dji.com/thread-84958-1-1.html.
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules