Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
START
lvl.2

United Kingdom

SteinkeTriscuit Posted at 2016-12-8 15:32
I dont understand, if you ordered from a third party (Drones Direct, Amazon, Apple) why are people getting upset they dont have their drones yet? Its the third parties forum you should be attacking. For me, just getting the shipping notice, they will hit just at 8 weeks, in which they stated on their 11-3 update. But it aint here yet, so I have to wait and see.

Sorry but thats ridiculous. Are they the ones that are withholding the product? Are they the ones advising orders placed before Oct 15th would be shipped within 6-8 weeks? So why would i complain when we KNOW the problem is with DJI?

Theres a saying called "Dont shoot the messenger". The third party are the messengers.
2016-12-8
Use props
fans2ae60029
lvl.1

United States

As I was sitting here reading this forum FEDEX pulled up with my drone!  SO F**KING EXCITED!
2016-12-8
Use props
fans20d31efe
lvl.1

United States

Ordered 10-18-2016. 20:43:46 UTC Mavic only. USA

Just received shipping notice.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.
2016-12-8
Use props
UncleDana
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 10:06
I would like to know this authorized dealer who is selling them at a premium.

I suppose it would technically be a private sale so it's really a moot point that he also owns a business that's an authorized DJI dealer.
To be honest,  and I hope you don't take offense to this, shouldn't you have better things to be trying to figure out?

If you can't think of any here are a few..
1. Why your employer has such inefficient customer service methods and low customer service standards. I spent over 4 hours yesterday trying to 'chat' your 'pre-sales' reps for a quick question. I would find myself missing the rep once they finally got to me or the rep being unresponsive when I was connected.
2. Why paying customers that  'pre-ordered' would have had more success walking into an Apple Store.
3. Why DJI rushed the rollout of a product clearly not ready to be rolled out and why they've made no effort to rectify this with those poor souls lost in the order confirmation abyss.
4. What DJI can do for those customers that were misinformed and mislead about the purchase process of your products.

Hopefully you understand that I feel it would be an ineffective use of DJI resources to contact a private citizen regarding private transactions simply because they also own a business that's DJI authorized. I would imagine the majority of those $1,600 mavics on eBay have a connection to DJI retailers somehow (Maybe not though since the only retailer you (DJI) seem to supply is Apple.)

I can confirm that my Mavic did not come through the reseller directly from DJI and would thus make my transaction with a private party and not an authorized dealer. I apologize for not clarifying in my initial post.
2016-12-8
Use props
VKing
lvl.1

United States

UncleDana Posted at 2016-12-8 10:49
Hey all. Posting my experience here.

I didn't preorder anything. After seeing everyone's inability to get one with a preorder, I figured that I would just wait and get one once inventory had been stocked regularly.

I'd like their info) How much more did u have to pay?
2016-12-8
Use props
Daveyboy
New

United Kingdom

dbgrn Posted at 2016-12-8 11:29
I'm curious... for those of you that are in the UK and have received your tracking info in the last couple of days, did the shipment to you start in the UK or China?

I saw another post where the shipment seemed to originate in the UK, and I'm wondering whether we've been waiting for a bulk shipment to arrive in the UK from China before the UK orders started shipping out individually.

I live in the UK and ordered 2nd Oct. My shipping starts in China but says it should be delivered Tuesday 13th Dec.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

UncleDana Posted at 2016-12-8 09:38
I suppose it would technically be a private sale so it's really a moot point that he also owns a business that's an authorized DJI dealer.
To be honest,  and I hope you don't take offense to this, shouldn't you have better things to be trying to figure out?

Difference is an authorized dealer is purchasing from DJI as a authorized dealer to resell them at retail.
If they purchased some as an individual then I see it being ok.
1. Sorry if you were disconnected, easiest way to get info is just call 818-235-0789 and talk live to someone.
2. Apple pre-orders Mavics, how they sell them is up to them. If they sell to a walk-in customer, then that's up to them.
3. DJI did not rush the Mavic out, the release date had always been that date. They received more orders then anticipated plus the hardware issue which delayed it a week. So that's the reason for the long shipping times.
4. And what was misinformed or misleading. They stated Mavic would start shipping Oct 15th, they started shipping one week late due to the hardware issue.

And you said this AUTHORIZED dealer is selling Mavics for a premium, you didn't say a private citizen is selling them.
2016-12-8
Use props
START
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 17:05
Difference is an authorized dealer is purchasing from DJI as a authorized dealer to resell them at retail.
1. Sorry if you were disconnected, easiest way to get info is just call 818-235-0789 and talk live to someone.

Sorry Ken,

Not going to gang up on you but i was thinking similar things beforehand as (not to be read in a malicious way) but why are you moderating a forum?

As in why cant DJI provide someone who has tracking information? Yourself, myself and everyone here knows if you call / speak to DJI you dont get anywhere. Why cant you call the number on behalf of the customer and get the information?

Why is it only Apple US that appears to get stock why not Apple UK? What about the other UK retailers why is there a delay with them?

DJI's hardware / anticipation is a fob story we all know it so please dont try to defend it. A company saying we didnt anticipate orders which is why we sent NONE is like the most anticipated restaurant of the year opening and selling out in 2 minutes saying we didnt expect the volume of people.

DJI isnt new to this game thats a fob.

Again this isnt an attack against you i just wonder why you bother replying / moderating as you have to bare the brunt and you've not yet been able to get a single customer closer to their order?
Again please dont take this offensively im not even mad at DJI or you im just wondering why theres such a diabolical situation lol
2016-12-8
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

START Posted at 2016-12-8 17:18
Sorry Ken,

Not going to gang up on you but i was thinking similar things beforehand as (not to be read in a malicious way) but why are you moderating a forum?

It also seems the if you live in the US or Canada first come first serve don't count there not only for the Mavic but it's the same for the P4 Pro also

2016-12-8
Use props
Shadowspawne
lvl.1

United States

DJI is the worst company ever! DJI is the essence of all that is wrong with the drone market! DJI is also responsible for global warming, earthquakes, and the spread of the Zika virus! OMG, people get a F***ING life! You ordered a product, there were problems with production, logistics, demand on a global scale, etc.... Get over it!!! I ordered mine the end of November, even after reading all of the Bulls**t posted about DJI this and DJI that, and was told it would be an extended wait tile of 6-8 weeks. And what did I do, ordered anyway. And why? Because I want the best drone on the market! And what will I do? Sit patiently (well not so much so) and wait for my Mavic Bundle to get to me. If you do not like how you are being treated with your order, guess what, we live in a free country (most of us posting on here anyway). Just cancel your order and go by a parrot, bebop or whatever the hell they are called, and have a field day with it. Stop the crying, bitching and moaning about the not yet received drone. Yes, customer service could be better, and wait times could be better, and chat service could be better. But they are swamped by calls, chats, questions from all over the world. So calm down, take that little yellow pill, sit back and relax till your order finds you. Peace Out! (or was that piss off?) I forget.
P.S.- My hat is off to you DJI Ken. You are doing an incredible job on these forums!!
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

START Posted at 2016-12-8 10:18
Sorry Ken,

The moderators are here to assist with technical support, not shipping information on peoples orders.
That's why there is the online sales team, they are the only ones who have info in regards to shipping. And if they tell you there's no update, then they don't know when your order would ship.

And there WAS a hardware issue which led to the week delay,( believe me, I know).
And you say "we sent none", shipping started 1 week later then supposed to.
If you remember, the ordering page was crashing off and on for almost two days from so many people ordering, so yes the amount of orders was a lot more then anticipated.
2016-12-8
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

p.domenech9 Posted at 2016-12-7 23:56
Did you order a combo or just a mavic pro?

I ordered the fly-more combo... and even an extra battery and props.
2016-12-8
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

Shadowspawne Posted at 2016-12-8 09:26
DJI is the worst company ever! DJI is the essence of all that is wrong with the drone market! DJI is also responsible for global warming, earthquakes, and the spread of the Zika virus! OMG, people get a F***ING life! You ordered a product, there were problems with production, logistics, demand on a global scale, etc.... Get over it!!! I ordered mine the end of November, even after reading all of the Bulls**t posted about DJI this and DJI that, and was told it would be an extended wait tile of 6-8 weeks. And what did I do, ordered anyway. And why? Because I want the best drone on the market! And what will I do? Sit patiently (well not so much so) and wait for my Mavic Bundle to get to me. If you do not like how you are being treated with your order, guess what, we live in a free country (most of us posting on here anyway). Just cancel your order and go by a parrot, bebop or whatever the hell they are called, and have a field day with it. Stop the crying, bitching and moaning about the not yet received drone. Yes, customer service could be better, and wait times could be better, and chat service could be better. But they are swamped by calls, chats, questions from all over the world. So calm down, take that little yellow pill, sit back and relax till your order finds you. Peace Out! (or was that piss off?) I forget.
P.S.- My hat is off to you DJI Ken. You are doing an incredible job on these forums!!

I agree, everyone that ordered knew it was a pre-order! Everyone here sound like a bunch of babies, or around 12 years old. By all of the phone calls and the cancelled orders and the reorders somewhere else is a nightmare I'm sure! So it is going to take even longer because people can't be patient. Remember it said preorder not tomorrow. I myself want a perfect drone when I get it so leave them alone and let them do their jobs.
2016-12-8
Use props
START
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 17:32
The moderators are here to assist with technical support, not shipping information on peoples orders.
That's why there is the online sales team, they are the only ones who have info in regards to shipping. And if they tell you there's no update, then they don't know when your order would ship.

So my question is why dont DJI provide a forum where shipping people are moderators? But to be honest if they are the same people on the chat / call then they still wouldnt give any information.

And do you have any statistics to show the number of calls / chats logged where customers were satisfied / received the information they had asked? Because looking at the 2000 posts we havent seen a person whose used the methods you advise and has got any information.

"Believe me i know", I really would believe you.... but without any proof I cant.

"Shipping started".... yeah after 1 week, after they told no one what was happening.... sounds satisfactory to me.....
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

START Posted at 2016-12-8 11:00
So my question is why dont DJI provide a forum where shipping people are moderators? But to be honest if they are the same people on the chat / call then they still wouldnt give any information.

And do you have any statistics to show the number of calls / chats logged where customers were satisfied / received the information they had asked? Because looking at the 2000 posts we havent seen a person whose used the methods you advise and has got any information.

Everyone who has ordered has seen that orders are taking a while (6-8 weeks)
So why would there be a reason for a shipping forum. You order, then wait 8 weeks and then start asking questions.
If your order is over 8 weeks late, then let me know and I'll send a message inquiring about it.
2016-12-8
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 09:32

Sounds simple enough to me!
2016-12-8
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 02:15
So why would there be a reason for a shipping forum. You order, then wait 8 weeks and then start asking questions.
If your order is over 8 weeks late, then let me know and I'll send a message inquiring about it.

Hi, Ken. I ordered Oct.19th, next week is my 8th week. will message u if still pending. Thanks in advance!
2016-12-8
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

fans2ae60029 Posted at 2016-12-8 11:33
As I was sitting here reading this forum FEDEX pulled up with my drone!  SO F**KING EXCITED!

Good on ya...
Happy flying....

I'm expecting my Mavic via FEDEX tomorrow 12/09/2016.
Tracked my order: Arrived in Los Angeles this morning.....good for delivery tomorrow.
2016-12-8
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
United States

Daveyboy Posted at 2016-12-8 11:55
I live in the UK and ordered 2nd Oct. My shipping starts in China but says it should be delivered Tuesday 13th Dec.

You should get a tracking number soon....a day or 2...
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Richard Mavic p Posted at 2016-12-8 11:40
Hi, Ken. I ordered Oct.19th, next week is my 8th week. will message u if still pending. Thanks in advance!

No problem at all, sounds good.
I hope that you get a shipping notice before then.
2016-12-8
Use props
fans2ae60029
lvl.1

United States

Fortmac2 Posted at 2016-12-8 12:43
Good on ya...
Happy flying....

Mine arrived a day early.  You will not be disappointed!
2016-12-8
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 13:15

I waited patiently and anxiously without bitching...was gonna wait until the 8th week to get on DJI's case.

Patience paid off...I ordered my Mavic Pro bundle on Oct. 18th.....FEDEX will deliver tomorrow Friday 12/09/16.....total wait 51 days..7.28 weeks.. DJI came through under 8 weeks.

I agree DJI should communicate with customers more often.

I feel for those who pre-ordered before me...
2016-12-8
Use props
fansf03c6ce1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80138 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 10:33
Sounds good, when you receive it make sure you are already familiar with all the features, functions, and limitations.
Hope it gets to you tomorrow so you have all weekend to play

Ken,

Just wanted to say thank you for at least having a presence in the forum. People don't realize/appreciate that you could have easily made the announcement and then not said a word for 8 weeks.

With that said would you be able to provide some links that would have the information you eluded to about the features/functions/limitations so we can have something to do while we wait patiently?
2016-12-8
Use props
fansde8b3c54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 727799 ft
Australia

7th Oct mavic fly more. Still waiting.
I feel like my unborn child due in may will arrive first. No official announcement from DJI.
Shambles
Having money refunded from Rise above Australia. 24 drones only.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fortmac2 Posted at 2016-12-8 12:05
I waited patiently and anxiously without bitching...was gonna wait until the 8th week to get on DJI's case.

Patience paid off...I ordered my Mavic Pro bundle on Oct. 18th.....FEDEX will deliver tomorrow Friday 12/09/16.....total wait 51 days..7.28 weeks.. DJI came through under 8 weeks.

I'm glad it will be there tomorrow. there announcement estimate was 6-8 weeks, so that was the communication.
2016-12-8
Use props
SteinkeTriscuit
New

United States

Fortmac2 Posted at 2016-12-9 03:05

Did you get an email or did your shipping change from pending to fedex on DJI tracking?
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansf03c6ce1 Posted at 2016-12-8 12:19
Ken,

Just wanted to say thank you for at least having a presence in the forum. People don't realize/appreciate that you could have easily made the announcement and then not said a word for 8 weeks.

No problem, thanks. That's why no one has had any update, there was none to be given.
Here's some of the important things I tell people,. (attached screenshots)
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.33.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.34.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.35.08 PM.png
2016-12-8
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
United States

Fortmac2 Posted at 2016-12-9 03:05

Hello, Canada. Congrad~ Finally see Oct. 18 orders shipped to Canada. Toronto here, ordered Oct. 19, Mavic ONLY. Hope I can see something next week too.
2016-12-8
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

DJI-Ken, my order is from October 10. It reaches this weekend 8 weeks since I ordered it. Could you please inquire about it? My order number is: 351110556693
2016-12-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 10:15

Hi Ken
I hope we will see this preorder situation in our taillights soon. Then we can talk about how much fun the Mavic is to fly and any technical things that come up. So far the only issue I have come across is the gimbal shake and vibration warning. It has been to cold to fly these past few days and have not been able to try the new FW update out. Do you know if this is a problem or just the tiny camera / wind etc?

Rich
2016-12-8
Use props
PaulOoza
New
United States

Hello all,

I originally ordered the Fly More package from a dealer through Amazon (US) back in 11/3. They were completely honest that they have zero clue of when they will get any of those in stock - so they offered to send just the regular since they get those faster, and they have less people who ordered those. Reimburesed the difference and I've got my Mavic yesterday and I can't wait to use it. Just waiting for this rain to stop.
2016-12-8
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 17:32

Yes Ken you are absolutely right you are not paid to talk about shipping info you can as an employee do what your told and pass on what they want tell you , I run my own business in construction and I also know it's the same in every business that If you want answers you go the the organ grinder not the monkey!
And it is far better you stick to giving people technical help than wasting your time on something you know nothing about no more than I would letting one of my labours do my accounts
Keep up the good work Ken and I hope DJI appreciate your services as much as we do :-)
2016-12-8
Use props
dbgrn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661791 ft
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-8 20:12
Hi Ken
I hope we will see this preorder situation in our taillights soon. Then we can talk about how much fun the Mavic is to fly and any technical things that come up. So far the only issue I have come across is the gimbal shake and vibration warning. It has been to cold to fly these past few days and have not been able to try the new FW update out. Do you know if this is a problem or just the tiny camera / wind etc?

Regarding the gimbal shake, have you checked the gimbal mounts relative to the anti-drop hooks?
2016-12-8
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-8 14:30
Apple pre-purchases and DJI ships to them when the aircraft are available to ship. What Apple does with them is totally up to them. That's why several people walked into an Apple store and were able to walk out with a Mavic.

I am referencing the fact that my reseller also pre-purchased the Mavics and they are only receiving 3 or 4 a week despite having over 400 preorders! Why does Apple and the US market get such a massive priority. It simply isn't fair that because I chose a reseller (in fact the biggest reseller of DJI products in Australia for many years) that I am now over 8 weeks of waiting and still a good 60 odd orders off getting my Mavic. The fact is, DJI has seriously messed up the PRIORITISATION of orders, a totally different issue to the slow ramp up in production. They have alienated massive segments of their existing customer base.
2016-12-8
Use props
sbb
lvl.2
United States

I didn't say anything yesterday, because I didn't want y'all getting excited for me. I saw the shipping notice yesterday morning with delivery scheduled for "before 10:30 am Friday, Dec. 9.  Woo hooo! Yeah, but it came today Dec. 8 around 10:15 this morning. I placed my order for the Fly More bundle directly with DJI on October 17. FAA registration completed, batteries are charging and later today updates will be downloaded, but it will probably be the weekend before I head to the wide open spaces to calibrate the compass, RC and then take the inaugural flight.

As a side note, the external packaging arrived showing minimal wear and tear, but the gimbal clamp and gimbal cover were both dislodged when I opened the package.

As everyone has already stated, it's beautiful...
2016-12-8
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 01:05

Regarding point number 3, Ken I know this is your line that the company has probably told you to say but it is contradicted directly by the facts. If this was the truth then the later a person orders the longer their shipping delay would be. But there are still plenty of people who preordered in September and early October who have no sign of their order. Resellers in Australia who would have had orders in prior to the announcement date are still left high and dry.

What is misinformed and misleading is the whole concept of a preorder. What is the point of being an early supporter of a company and preordering a product if you end up waiting 3 months after the release date only to see many other people who made last minute decision to buy get their orders almost straight away (from both Apple stores AND DJI direct). Sorry Ken but the whole process is simply not fair on consumers. And it is insulting to keep rolling out the line that we just had a little glitch that set us back a week and higher than expected demand. Look at how good the mavic is as a product. Any moron could tell you demand would be high.

DJI are not doing themselves any favours by treating their customers like idiots. I can tell you right now that I am sticking with my Mavic for now. But the minute a worthy competitor comes along I will jump ship and never buy another DJI product again. DJI might think they are safe because their is no competition at the moment but ultimately this kind of corporate behaviour will instil a level of distaste in the market so when that competitor does come along, people will abandon DJI in hosts.
2016-12-8
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Australia

I ordered on the 9th of October with a reseller who had a big order in from well before that date. I was within that resellers pre-ordered units. That reseller has only received about 30 units so far of the 100+ that they preordered. So that reseller has waited a lot longer than 8 weeks. I personally am at over 8 weeks with my order from that reseller. So in light of this message from you  I am asking you to inquire about my order. The reseller is Rise Above Custom Drone Solutions in Sydney, Australia. Can you please chase up this resellers pre-orders and find out when we can expect to see our Mavics? I realise I don't have an order number but surely you can chase up Rise Above's order and get a bit more information. Thank you for any help you can provide.
2016-12-8
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-8 21:17
Regarding point number 3, Ken I know this is your line that the company has probably told you to say but it is contradicted directly by the facts. If this was the truth then the later a person orders the longer their shipping delay would be. But there are still plenty of people who preordered in September and early October who have no sign of their order. Resellers in Australia who would have had orders in prior to the announcement date are still left high and dry.

What is misinformed and misleading is the whole concept of a preorder. What is the point of being an early supporter of a company and preordering a product if you end up waiting 3 months after the release date only to see many other people who made last minute decision to buy get their orders almost straight away (from both Apple stores AND DJI direct). Sorry Ken but the whole process is simply not fair on consumers. And it is insulting to keep rolling out the line that we just had a little glitch that set us back a week and higher than expected demand. Look at how good the mavic is as a product. Any moron could tell you demand would be high.

Could not have put it better myself,
We are just Mushrooms to them!
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-12-8 13:11
DJI-Ken, my order is from October 10. It reaches this weekend 8 weeks since I ordered it. Could you please inquire about it? My order number is: 351110556693

They said they have no info. but contact chat after 6pm PST as then you wil be online with headquarters and they may have more info.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-8 13:12
Hi Ken

I think it may be wind bursts, but if it still persists then you may want to think about sending it in
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules