Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronefan76
New
United States

dronefan76 Posted at 2016-12-14 08:31
Got a shipment notice email today. Fly More Combo order made on Oct 22, shipping to Austin Texas. Estimated delivery Friday, Dec 16.

Fedex estimate slipped to Monday, Dec 19.
2016-12-14
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Bretttt Posted at 2016-12-14 04:22
Of course they're asking the same "self centred questions", they've paid for a product with a promise delivery time and it's an extreme fail. They have the right to be annoyed at the situation and secondly how it's been handled.

You're an idiot.

I don't recall seeing anywhere that a shipping time was promised to anyone.

I disagree on the idiot part and see no need for name calling, but if you must, I'd rather be an idiot than an impatient brat with limited reading comprehension.
2016-12-14
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Greg Kingston Posted at 2016-12-14 03:27
You're able to get an idea of when your order will ship because you're in the US, and from users posting it is clear that US orders are being fulfilled far more quickly than other regions who are not so fortunate. In some of these, UK and Australia are notable, the 7-8 weeks has already been breached.

It has been confirmed here already that orders are being prioritised in the order in which they were made, but that's simply not true as many later US orders are being fulfilled while other region orders are still left waiting. What's worse - these earlier orders had their payment taken immediately.

Maybe there should be separate shipping update threads for the different regions.  I'm sorry there have been issues and you guys are waiting longer and I wish someone at DJI had a better answer for all of you.  That said, asking questions that have been answered time and time again (even if the answer is "I don't know") isn't doing anyone any good.  Also, holding Ken responsible for all the negative actions of DJI is just terrible.  He has extremely limited power (including not being able to publicly agree with you for fear of getting fired) so just lay off already.  The mother ship will post an update if they feel like it, which seems unlikely at this point.  It's a crummy way to run a business, but we're the ones still willing to give them our money despite mistreatment so ultimately we are enabling them to continue this behavior.
2016-12-14
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

BarrabasOnAir Posted at 2016-12-14 08:52
Hi Ken, I will ask this even a thousand times, if that is necessary to get an answer.

How many orders did DJI get, how many items are currently produced, and when will you serve the German market. Waiting is okay, not getting to know boundaries for the estimated waiting times is not. And if you cannot answer this, then go to the people around you that can. This is not our job, it is yours. I am really upset.

You can ask him 5000 times and he won't be able to answer it for you.

It is not HIS job.  He is a forum moderator.  He is trying to be as helpful as possible, which is difficult to do when you ask him to do things that are impossible.  Lay off him and start spamming China, they are the only ones with answers.

Also, they are under exactly zero obligation to reveal their manufacturing and shipping status.  It sure would be a positive form of customer service but I think it's pretty clear at this point that is very low on their priority list.  The only way that type of behavior is changed is if it affects their bottom line, and based on all the whiners on here unwilling to cancel their orders and buy an inferior drone from another company, I'd say they have nothing to worry about at the moment.
2016-12-14
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Here's a thought regarding the disparity in shipping times, somewhat related to the theory posted previously.

As I understand it, some portion of the software is region specific regarding restrictions/lockouts and GPS/GLONASS priority.  Perhaps there was a larger percentage of orders from the US and as such, that specific manufacturing line is higher capacity than the smaller regions (by order quantity).

Also, regarding Australia, it seems as though DJI is having some major issues with customs so maybe they have slowed orders to that country while they get those issues sorted.
2016-12-14
Use props
gorillaproof
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37490 ft
United States

dronefan76 Posted at 2016-12-15 07:05
Fedex estimate slipped to Monday, Dec 19.

had mine come to Dallas this morning ordered Oct21st bird should be there soon enough.
2016-12-14
Use props
Z
lvl.1

United States

ROYAL  VLOGS Posted at 2016-12-14 08:05
Ordered the ( Fly More Combo ) on 11/16/2016 from DJI. They only Authorized my full payment but didn't actually take out the money, Until today, they just took Full Payment, which means in 5 days they will be shipping my order, & should receive delivery with in a week from then. Very excited!
Yesterday I was on hold with DJI's Customer Service Chat for over an hour in hopes to get more info, all they could tell me is once they take full payment it takes 5 days for them to ship. I'll keep everyone updated once I get Tracking and estimated delivery.

dji took a full payment from me on november 29th sooooooooo
2016-12-14
Use props
J-dub
lvl.1
United States

Ordered mine October 25th from Southern California (Fly More Combo from DJI's website) Just checked order status, "Shipped". No email, no notification when this was shipped, YET. No big deal, I am a patient person. I followed this forum and another Mavic forum, learning everything good and bad, wrong and right. The timing is perfect, I think I'm prepared. If you think you are getting screwed by DJI, cancel the order, get a refund. They will sell yours to someone else. DJI and GoPro were in a drone war trying to beat one another to market, deal with huge demand like adults, this in not a toy, this is not a Cabbage Patch Doll for Xmas, there will be more than enough in a few months. Proceed with your debate kids....
2016-12-14
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a heads up on DJI's supposedly new credit card charging policy--Well after 28 days they then go ahead and CHARGE your card even though they still have not shipped!!!

Really POOR on your part DJI

2016-12-14
Use props
fans275a8c16
lvl.2
Greece

Good morning from GREECE
today is my birthday, I received  the fourth blue dot
snice gift !!!!!!!!!

2016-12-14
Use props
fansbc9d145e
lvl.1

United States

Just got mine today(mavic only) ordered on October 22, hopefully you all get yours soon enough!
2016-12-14
Use props
Bretttt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118058 ft
Australia

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-15 10:36
I don't recall seeing anywhere that a shipping time was promised to anyone.

I disagree on the idiot part and see no need for name calling, but if you must, I'd rather be an idiot than an impatient brat with limited reading comprehension.

Selling a product with a preorder date is a contract of that item being available from that aforementioned date.

DJI acknowledges this by their initial apology for being unable to deliver. Quote from Ken "When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October." - #learntoread

Expecting an item you have paid for within a reasonable timeframe isn't the action of a brat, it's the action of a receiptiant of paid goods not received.

Do you always get so sad around xmas?
2016-12-14
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

I've ordered my Mavic (10/10/2016 20:30) from a dealership here in Sweden.
Havn't got it yet, but dealership assume I will get it 1 January.
I know that won't get it that day. Have a feeling that I need to wait to mid february  
2016-12-14
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 07:12
This is what it says:
"For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks."
So 7-8 weeks is not up yet.

Is that the same if we ordered though a Authorized DJI Seller???  Ordered on Oct. 22, 2016 and contacted them earlier today and they couldn't give me any kind of answer, so was hoping you might be able to.
2016-12-14
Use props
shirty
lvl.1

Australia

Have just been told not to expect my 5th of Oct order till well into the new year by Rise Above in Australia. They have only received 30 units (out of 400 they've ordered), I'm in the 70's on the list. DJI You have really messed this up, not only is it obviously unfair the way you are distributing orders, but you stay silent on giving us any details and updates, do you really think this is okay?
2016-12-14
Use props
Greg Kingston
lvl.1

United Kingdom

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-14 23:42
Maybe there should be separate shipping update threads for the different regions.  I'm sorry there have been issues and you guys are waiting longer and I wish someone at DJI had a better answer for all of you.  That said, asking questions that have been answered time and time again (even if the answer is "I don't know") isn't doing anyone any good.  Also, holding Ken responsible for all the negative actions of DJI is just terrible.  He has extremely limited power (including not being able to publicly agree with you for fear of getting fired) so just lay off already.  The mother ship will post an update if they feel like it, which seems unlikely at this point.  It's a crummy way to run a business, but we're the ones still willing to give them our money despite mistreatment so ultimately we are enabling them to continue this behavior.

Are you Ken's Mum or something?

It is entirely appropriate to challenge a message that Ken's put out when it has proven to be incorrect (it is over 8 weeks since my order and that of many other users here, while others are receiving their orders far more quickly than 8 weeks), allowing him to escalate within DJI if he sees fit and DJI want to ensure they communicate properly with their customers. Nobody's asking for Ken to be fired or anything, so stop being such a drama queen.

2016-12-15
Use props
Moozer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15282 ft
United States

Placed my order for the bundle direct from DJI on 10/26, heading to California. Just got the 'shipped' message and tracking number, but with no details yet. Yay!
2016-12-15
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Greg Kingston Posted at 2016-12-15 16:10

It is entirely appropriate to challenge a message that Ken's put out when it has proven to be incorrect (it is over 8 weeks since my order and that of many other users here, while others are receiving their orders far more quickly than 8 weeks), allowing him to escalate within DJI if he sees fit and DJI want to ensure they communicate properly with their customers. Nobody's asking for Ken to be fired or anything, so stop being such a drama queen.

READ .......
READ THE MESSAGE
READ IT
READ THE MESSAGE BY KEN AT THE START OF THIS THREAD.....
  PLEASE READ .... PLEASE READ
   UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ .....
DERP DERP DERP
2016-12-15
Use props
Buizerd
lvl.1

Netherlands

Omg I want my Mavic D:

I ordered nov 29. If DJI send my drone this week I will donate €10 to a charity of their choice.
2016-12-15
Use props
BerlinBuddy
lvl.1
Germany

4th BLUE DOT!!!! WHOOP WHOOP

Ordered MAVIC PRO ONLY on November 2nd to Berlin, Germany via DJI.com

Happy Holidays to everybody.

2016-12-15
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United States

Algan Posted at 2016-12-14 19:07
i ordered at 2 November, so it is my 7th week. what should i do if nothing happens next week?

There is literally nothing you can do, other than cancel your order.

2016-12-15
Use props
DINO88
lvl.1

South Korea

I ordered on Oct 9th from DJI store. Still pending... I sent email but no response.
And I'm watching orders far after mine are getting cleared. I don't know why...
I just hope some other companys like Samsung or Sony start drone business as soon as possible
I bet they will soon when drone market gets big enough for them to rush into. And they will teach you DJI the professional business.
2016-12-15
Use props
Greg Kingston
lvl.1

United Kingdom

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-15 08:42
READ .......
READ THE MESSAGE
READ IT

Did you even read the points I'd raised? Clearly not - too busy shouting and distracting from the evidence that DJI's handling of this issue has been both poor and misleading and that they continue to ignore their customers' demands for greater clarity and information.
2016-12-15
Use props
Myojin
lvl.1

Germany

BerlinBuddy Posted at 2016-12-15 12:13
4th BLUE DOT!!!! WHOOP WHOOP

Ordered MAVIC PRO ONLY on November 2nd to Berlin, Germany via DJI.com

i've got yesterday my fourth blue dot too
but the Mavic combo. ordered at the 17.10.
AND also ship to Berlin
letz meet somewhere and fly together ;)
2016-12-15
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United States

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-15 06:45
Hi again Ken, just looking for some reassurance. My retailer has informed me that DJI has told them there is another unforeseen delay due to material shortage with no other reason given. Please tell me you can confirm this is not true?

This is the third, separate report I've seen of this - so I'd say there's a strong possibility.

2016-12-15
Use props
Buizerd
lvl.1

Netherlands

staffsarge Posted at 2016-12-15 12:57
This is the third, separate report I've seen of this - so I'd say there's a strong possibility.

Pls no more...
2016-12-15
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

Worse than waiting for the drone is now having the drone and not be able to fly it because of the weather. :-P
2016-12-15
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

Algan Posted at 2016-12-14 21:13
how am i going to contact with dji-ken? dm?

Leave a message here. Be sure to write his name in the message.
2016-12-15
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Bretttt Posted at 2016-12-15 00:37
Selling a product with a preorder date is a contract of that item being available from that aforementioned date.

DJI acknowledges this by their initial apology for being unable to deliver. Quote from Ken "When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October." - #learntoread

Selling a product with a pre-order date is in no way an enforceable contract.  How you perceive it is up to you but don't act like you are a lawyer.  If it were a contract I'm sure there would already be a lawsuit. #learntoCOMPREHEND

i never said you (or anyone) was a brat for expecting them to handle things differently.  You are a brat because you are demanding action from a forum moderator who has absolutely no power to make official statements and are spamming him with the same stupid questions which will not be answered until/unless the company feels like it.

Enjoy being bitter, I'll enjoy my Mavic!  For most here, I wish them luck but for you I hope your order gets lost.
2016-12-15
Use props
fansc73d3cec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33570 ft
Australia

The retailer I ordered from early October informed me that supply is delayed on a part for the mavic and that will cause further delays{:4_142:}
2016-12-15
Use props
griguolcomerran
lvl.1

Sweden

Mine is finally shipped today

On the way to Spain with DHL.

Mavic Pro only, from DJI store.

Ordered on 2016-10-07 14:56:23 (UTC)

It took 9weeks and 6 days from order to shipment.
2016-12-15
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Greg Kingston Posted at 2016-12-15 03:10

You guys are the drama queens.  I'm just trying to keep a level head in all of this.

Had you actually read, you would see very recently that Ken said he has no way to know or estimate the different logistics chains for the different countries.  That is a very real and very valid cause for the disparity in shipping queues between regions.  Again, get over it.  Read.  Be patient. Unless you are willing to cancel your order that's the only thing that will do you any good because whining on this forum will get you nothing.
2016-12-15
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Greg Kingston Posted at 2016-12-15 06:51
Did you even read the points I'd raised? Clearly not - too busy shouting and distracting from the evidence that DJI's handling of this issue has been both poor and misleading and that they continue to ignore their customers' demands for greater clarity and information.

Your points are stupid and not really points.  Nobody on here is excusing DJI.  Thry indeed have handled this poorly, but all of us are allowing them to get away with it!

At this point, whining on this thread is just noise. Nobody seems to be paying attention and continued whining just muddies the thread for people who actually want to read the thread for shipping updates.

Why don't you start a new thread "DJI is screwing their customers" and you can go whine into that black hole.  Good God.
2016-12-15
Use props
Buizerd
lvl.1

Netherlands

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-15 14:35
You guys are the drama queens.  I'm just trying to keep a level head in all of this.

Had you actually read, you would see very recently that Ken said he has no way to know or estimate the different logistics chains for the different countries.  That is a very real and very valid cause for the disparity in shipping queues between regions.  Again, get over it.  Read.  Be patient. Unless you are willing to cancel your order that's the only thing that will do you any good because whining on this forum will get you nothing.

Maybe the DJI CEO will read this thread and order production to increase and make all of us happy?

Or maybe DJI employees will read it and shave 10 mins off their coffee break to speed up production?

There's no way of telling how useful this thread might turn out to be.
2016-12-15
Use props
Fidimusic
lvl.1
Germany

mine is shipped to berlin today as well
ordered 01.11.16
2016-12-15
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

Fidimusic Posted at 2016-12-15 09:33
mine is shipped to berlin today as well
ordered 01.11.16

!!! so excited! not from your continent, but that gives me even more hope that mine should ship by next week!!!!! I am in the USA and ordered same date as you!! =) thank you for the update!!
2016-12-15
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Buizerd Posted at 2016-12-15 09:22
Maybe the DJI CEO will read this thread and order production to increase and make all of us happy?

Or maybe DJI employees will read it and shave 10 mins off their coffee break to speed up production?

I think you're being sarcastic (hard to tell on the internet and all) but I would say that based on the fact people have been complaining on this thread (and others) for nearly 2 months and there has been zero additional info disseminated that I actually do know that complaining here won't do any good.  They're aware that everybody is irate, but as long as the customers aren't cancelling ordered en masse then they have no motivation to reveal the details of their production issues.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gunglejim Posted at 2016-12-14 23:58
Is that the same if we ordered though a Authorized DJI Seller???  Ordered on Oct. 22, 2016 and contacted them earlier today and they couldn't give me any kind of answer, so was hoping you might be able to.

I'm not sure exactly how all the dealers shipments are being distributed.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-12-15 06:01
Leave a message here. Be sure to write his name in the message.

Putting my name in your message won't do it, you need to reply to one of my posts.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Algan Posted at 2016-12-14 06:13
how am i going to contact with dji-ken? dm?

Reply to one of my posts and then I will be notified.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules