Follow me, Activ Track not working
13436 60 2016-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brettt
lvl.3
United States

I found another thread on the Phantom 3 forums where they had the same problem. I think it's an issue on all their drones. Some people recommended Litchi, a third-party app that costs $25. I tried it... pretty big failure. It seemed like it wanted to try to follow me sometimes, but would fly circles when I was stationary (not reasonable circles like it was orbiting, drunken circles). It would also turn away from me and go off in another direction. Not sure if it works better for other drones, it's technically in beta for the Mavic. And before someone says it's my phone's GPS, see the Phantom 3 and 3DR Solo videos I posted above.

Not sure if I should get a refund on Litchi or wait and see if the next update is better... don't have much faith in DJI either.
2016-11-21
Use props
Mistral
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595059 ft
United States

Has anybody tried this in the new DJI GO 4 App yet? Does the issue with "Follow Me" on android phones still persist?

Thanks
2016-11-30
Use props
Bruno REDON
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183602 ft
France

Same problem on the new Dji Go 4 app.
2016-11-30
Use props
Mistral
lvl.2
United States

Bruno REDON Posted at 2016-11-30 21:30
Same problem on the new Dji Go 4 app.

Now, that is disappointing. DJI knows about the issue and didn't address it in a brand new app?

2016-11-30
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

Awww man!  That's a bummer about Follow me.  

I'm on a Galaxy S6, and I think I saw the same problems, but I have to try it again to be sure.  At first I thought it was user error when using Follow me.  With Active track, at first, I wasn't pressing the "Go" button - didn't notice it, but after that it seemed to work okay.  Within active track is there are actually a few different modes, and I think the Mavic followed me in the trace and profile modes.  One of the other modes also didn't do what I expected, but I forget which one now.  I didn't spend much time on those modes though.  I'll have to test more.
2016-12-1
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
United States

I got 'Folllow Me' to work on my Galaxy S6.  At first, it didn't work at all, but then I turned on the "Enable Multiple Flight Mode" option.  That option was never on before.  Also, I had a tough time getting it turned on.

The framing sucks though, and I did have some trouble keeping the mode active.  Whenever I walked around there was only 1/3 of the frame in front of me, but it really should be 2/3 in front of me.

Enable Multiple Flight Mode

Enable Multiple Flight Mode
2016-12-2
Use props
Mistral
lvl.2
United States

CADDJockey Posted at 2016-12-2 00:55
I got 'Folllow Me' to work on my Galaxy S6.  At first, it didn't work at all, but then I turned on t ...

Thanks I will try this tomorrow.

How did you get it to stay turned on. I switch it to the right (turns green), leave the menu and when I come back it's turned off again. Any tips?

Thanks
2016-12-3
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2158028 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I managed to get the follow-me mode to work, but had to restart the procedure about 3 times before it started following-me... On thing that surprised me is that the Mavic stays in it's original orientation ... so I eventually managed to crash the bird in a tree.

I'm using DJI GO V4, on an  android V6 Sony Xperia Z3, and firmware is up to date.

I'm playing around with color grading so the video is a bit odd ;)

2016-12-4
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
United States

Mistral Posted at 2016-12-3 23:17
Thanks I will try this tomorrow.

How did you get it to stay turned on. I switch it to the right ( ...

I'm not sure.  At first, I couldn't even get it to switch over, but I kept trying.
2016-12-4
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
United States

CADDJockey Posted at 2016-12-2 03:55
I got 'Folllow Me' to work on my Galaxy S6.  At first, it didn't work at all, but then I turned on the "Enable Multiple Flight Mode" option.  That option was never on before.  Also, I had a tough time getting it turned on.
[view_image]

Okay, I tried "Follow Me" again today and it didn't work even with "Enable Multiple Flight Mode" turned on.  WTF?!  So, I must have got lucky the other day.

I have no clue what "Enable Multiple Flight Mode" does.  There is nothing in the manual that explains what it does.
2016-12-5
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Take a look at the page 57 from the manual - here the "Enable Multiple Flight Mode" is explained.

2016-12-6
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Did another test, mostly successful with the follow-me mode. Sony Xperia Z3, Android 6, DJI GO 4. Android Flight mode enabled.
Overall there is a huge lag between my movement and the drone's movement. I supposed it is to be expected because of the (un)-precision of the GPS. Or maybe I'm just spoiled with the active track being so responsive ;) I also image that if you are walking, you need to walk fast and far

On the first part of the video, after 5-6 secondes, the Mavic eventually follows but not on the expected course. I had do stop that first session mid-air
On the second part,  Follow-me works, with the above mentioned lag, especially noticable when starting or turning around.
At the end of the video RTH kicks-in ;) Also the upper-right screen-record is not in sync, but shows the GPS path.

2016-12-6
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
United States

Well, here's my testing from when it didn't work.  I didn't notice it until later, but the circle in the top right of the screen that shows the relationship between the controller and the aircraft was all screwed up.  I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

2016-12-7
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
United States

rnrnrn Posted at 2016-12-6 08:58
Take a look at the page 57 from the manual - here the "Enable Multiple Flight Mode" is explained.

That doesn't explain anything.  It just says to enable it "before using the Intelligent Flight Mode for the first time."
2016-12-7
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

CADDJockey Posted at 2016-12-8 08:14
Well, here's my testing from when it didn't work.  I didn't notice it until later, but the circle in the top right of the screen that shows the relationship between the controller and the aircraft was all screwed up.  I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

https://youtu.be/T3HHMd2mliU

Seems you are using DJI GO V3 Try switching to V4.

That's recognizable because you icon for the intelligent flight mode is a drone and in V4 it's a symbol of the remote control.  
2016-12-8
Use props
Bruno REDON
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183602 ft
France

I just tried again the  "follow me" mode, with the latest firmware and DJI-GO 4, androïd version. And now it seems to work.
I walked and ran, but only in a straight line. The MAVIC has followed well, but it remains to be seen how it will behave when changing directions.
My phone is a lowcost one, "Cubot Dinosaur". But everything works well, just a little latency. Except in wifi mode, the phone is too slow to manage video return and commands.
I will not repeat the experiment anymore, the remote control is much safer.

2016-12-9
Use props
dianea
lvl.1

United States

Here is what i think is going on....There is no 'Follow me" per se, on the P4 Pro.  As we knew it on the P4 and its predecessor.
2017-1-22
Use props
dianea
lvl.1

United States

Here is what i think is going on....There is no 'Follow me" per se, on the P4 Pro.  As we knew it on the P4 and its predecessor.There is only "Active Track" The P4/P4Pro hasn't changed their wording in the notes that state that GPS is required for the Follow me feature to work, but they also do not call it Follow me, they call it Active Track now....And i'd bet that the 5 inch display that comes with the P4P+ in fact, does not have GPS....Only a guess. until it can be verified.
2017-1-22
Use props
fans4a0ff7c1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84833475 ft
  • >>>
United States

dianea Posted at 2017-1-22 10:19
Here is what i think is going on....There is no 'Follow me" per se, on the P4 Pro.  As we knew it on the P4 and its predecessor.There is only "Active Track" The P4/P4Pro hasn't changed their wording in the notes that state that GPS is required for the Follow me feature to work, but they also do not call it Follow me, they call it Active Track now....And i'd bet that the 5 inch display that comes with the P4P+ in fact, does not have GPS....Only a guess. until it can be verified.

FOLLOW me mode is on the 2nd page past Active track. Just swipe to the left from the page that has active track. However I do have the P4P with built-in display and can not get FOLLOW ME mode to work at all. I get an error message thet it's not close enough to target which is erroneous as I've moved the Drone wihin 15ft to 2ft of target to follow and same error message. Active Track works, not great as it loses the subject easily but does work fair. Is it an iussue with DJI's built-in Android based monitor? DJI can you answer this, somebody?
2017-9-3
Use props
AustinSuit
New

United States

Recently got a P4 and have been getting used to flying it and testing out all the different modes.

I've noticed that my Active Track mode isn't framing my subject correctly. Its almost cutting the top half of the subject off. It's not centering the subject and placing them at the top of the frame.

I attached a video of a screen recording from my iPhone. I'm hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!

2017-10-9
Use props
bloxx64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23625 ft

Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-6 00:08
When trying to FM and Activ Track, do you see any messages pop out on the screen?
Have you tried another mobile device with great GPS signal?
What's the current firmware version for the aircraft.

hi I have 7000 firmware version but the active track will not let me draw a green box with the option to press go is my firmware to old
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules