Phantom 4 Pro Now Introduced
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
28SepnoMavic
lvl.1

Norway

Stop promoting new stuff you can't deliver!! Focus on your production and not on a Mavic Pro 2 with rear and side sensors. Dji good drones shitty company!! 28-09-2016 paid and nothing!! No drone no email only the apology and with new lies!!! 6 to 8 weeks??? Not going to happen!!
2016-11-23
Use props
fans66d5fdc9
lvl.1

United States

28SepnoMavic Posted at 2016-11-23 02:05
Stop promoting new stuff you can't deliver!! Focus on your production and not on a Mavic Pro 2 with  ...

Yup and look now they are repeating the process with the phantom 4 pro. Now website updated to 5-7 days lead time. I ordered mavic months ago which of course never shipped, finally gave up and ordered phantom 4 pro on release day. Of course this doesn't ship and now dji says "paypal authorization expired" so have to place new order at back of line and chat says now will be 1-2 more weeks before new order will ship. DJI doesn't care about any of us and never tells truth. Nothing they say ever matches up.
2016-11-23
Use props
28SepnoMavic
lvl.1

Norway

fans66d5fdc9 Posted at 2016-11-23 16:12
Yup and look now they are repeating the process with the phantom 4 pro. Now website updated to 5-7 ...

It's like they have a monopoly position on the market and don't give a f**k about their customers, the walls are bleeding money so why care. It's time for Samsung or another big company to join the drone market.
2016-11-23
Use props
Perdix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 654580 ft
Sweden

28SepnoMavic Posted at 2016-11-23 09:25
It's like they have a monopoly position on the market  and don't give a f**k about their custome ...

Lol samsung.. Do you want a flying grenade?
2016-11-23
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RickfordZ Posted at 2016-11-23 00:13
Seems like a bad practice to me... it wasn't a package deal... ordered two separate things. Oh wel ...

You'll come across this with many online retailers, some will ask you to decide how you want the order shipped, others just assume you want all or nothing and you need to phone to change that.

With DJI I guess it is a matter of prior experience   The more items you have on the order, especially if it is for accessories for a new aircraft, the more likely the order is to be delayed.

Multiple orders is the way to go.
2016-11-23
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

trance728- Posted at 2016-11-23 04:43
Why do they keep referring to DJI GO 4 app in the manual? It even says to search for that in the Pla ...

They could be referring to V4.0 of the current app, or it could be a completely new app.

Hard to tell for sure as there are often copywriting errors in first versions of the manual.

Perhaps Ken can enlighten us?
2016-11-23
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ricphoto Posted at 2016-11-22 17:03
yep...got my newegg shipment notice and fedex tracking number for the P4pro (no screen) earlier thi ...

Good to see that DJI are delivering on the original launch estimate of '1-2 weeks' for the P4P.

Tracking number only a week after launch is actually an over-achievement

It looks like demand has picked up as well, the lead time was as low as 1-3 days yesterday for a P4P but is now back up to 5-7 days.

P4P+ is still the same as at launch '1-2 weeks' and as yet none appear to have shipped, but we are only just entering the 2nd week so still plenty of time to make good on that estimate as well.
2016-11-23
Use props
BeefyJ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Telrin Posted at 2016-11-23 11:17
Good to see that DJI are delivering on the original launch estimate of '1-2 weeks' for the P4P.

T ...

Think the software isn't ready, DJI Go 4 etc. The QR code on the Manual just gives a 404 error......can't see people getting them until that is working?
2016-11-23
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BeefyJ Posted at 2016-11-23 11:47
Think the software isn't ready, DJI Go 4 etc. The QR code on the Manual just gives a 404 error.... ...

The apps may be ready, but just not released yet, will still be at least a few days before any of the P4P with tracking numbers arrive in peoples hands.
2016-11-23
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, I imagine they'll release the software once they actually ship any of the units. My tracking number still isn't showing up in FedEx. Looking at my Mavic order they look like they drop things off to FedEx around 11pm their time. So hopefully within 3 hours I see something change and everyone else gets emailed their tracking as well. Guess we'll see.
2016-11-23
Use props
RickfordZ
lvl.2
United States

Telrin Posted at 2016-11-23 05:39
You'll come across this with many online retailers, some will ask you to decide how you want the o ...

First experience with DJI... but will definitely keep this in mind.
2016-11-23
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-21 15:25
Well your still here for someone who doesn't like the way things are run, dji got it wrong with Ma ...

When high technology companies (Like Apple) advance too quickly and try to pack a lot of technology into small devices (i.e. Mavic), people should not be surprised when issues arise....Especially when developed / manufactured on a tight time line.  Quite often, it's not the "design" that is faulty, but the third party source who is building / manufacturing them.....Or a sourced part of the overall design / functionality.
2016-11-23
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2
United States

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2016-11-22 01:01
It is to bad that people take it as a negative comment when people are stating the obvious about t ...

It's not always that easy (customer service end).  As business professor at a large university and ex global product manager at GE, I can tell you from companies that we have acquired or done business with, that high tech start ups, or high tech companies in general are started and bundled around the technology aspect of the business.  For example, some very intelligent group of people decide to start a electric car company because they have invented a new way to do so, but after they get the product designed and etc, and start hiring people to build the company, the marketing / customer service end isn't "what they do" or what they are good at, and thus, isn't as efficient as some would like or not nearly as good as the technology side of the business.  It's just the nature of the beast and the learning curve of a new / young company.  Until the hire some very experienced logistics and marketing people, this will be a problem.  It takes a good while for a young company to fire on all cylinders.  I've seen it many times over.  And, yes, it can be frustrating, but it's not like these high tech companies are doing it on purpose.
2016-11-23
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2
United States

I wish someone at DJI would keep these threads organized.  This thread has turned into "where is my order and when will I receive it" vs the functionality of the new product.  A moderator can very easily kick a post to a new thread and keep things more streamlined.  Very frustrating to weed through all the non related posts.  JMHO
2016-11-23
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tripper Dog Posted at 2016-11-23 15:21
I wish someone at DJI would keep these threads organized.  This thread has turned into "where is my  ...

The moderators are weeding out the worst offenders on a daily basis, you'd be wading through a lot more garbage if they weren't

2016-11-23
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Telrin Posted at 2016-11-23 11:08
They could be referring to V4.0 of the current app, or it could be a completely new app.

Hard to  ...

So it is confirmed to be a separate app.

DJI GO 4 will support everything from Mavic onwards.

Once the new app is released, Mavic support will be removed from the original app.
2016-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tripper Dog Posted at 2016-11-23 15:11
When high technology companies (Like Apple) advance too quickly and try to pack a lot of technolog ...

I fully agree with you, also agree would be a lot easier if  the thread was kept in check..
Thank you
2016-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-11-15 19:51
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-pro?from=search#/?_k=uecp0w

Maybe Tahoe Ed or dji Ken could do something about the forum so as we could post a thread, there already not happy about posting threads over on P4 forum ..
2016-11-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-15 13:23
The P4 does not have an HDMI output. There's the HDMI module that you can install on a P3 or P4.
A ...

The P4P manual stated that the SHUTTER BUTTON on the R/C is 2-stage on page 9.  The manual never states the 2-stage part (focusing).  

Pressing the shutter button halfway (like most cameras) focuses.  Thereby freeing up C1 or C2 (if that was used) for something NEW like the lights since those are now gone from the menu.
2016-11-23
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-23 12:39
The P4P manual stated that the SHUTTER BUTTON on the R/C is 2-stage on page 9.  The manual never s ...

I read the promotion page, I read the entire manual today and I didn't see ANYTHING about the focus, i.e. how to or what not to do. kinda led me to believe it is auto focus. I did see the switch being a two part on page nine, but it didn't explain what it was for.

edit: I did find where it says auto focus in the first part of the manual.
2016-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans66d5fdc9 Posted at 2016-11-23 08:12
Yup and look now they are repeating the process with the phantom 4 pro. Now website updated to 5-7 ...

My money was taken 22nd from PayPal ordered 15 th, expecting to see shipping soon..
2016-11-23
Use props
fans95097035
lvl.3

United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-19 05:35
So are you going to say the P4 Pro guys are getting screwed when the P5 comes out in the spring or ...

No that's not what I'm saying. The phantom 4 hasn't even been around for that long compared to other drones and yet Dji ALREADY has come out with a new drone.
2016-11-23
Use props
fans95097035
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-19 06:32
The $1,399 P4 price includes 3 batteries total and the charging hub.

But many people bought the phantom 4 as soon as it was released.
2016-11-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans95097035 Posted at 2016-11-24 08:09
No that's not what I'm saying. The phantom 4 hasn't even been around for that long compared to oth ...

That is how it works, and there will be another after the P4P, and another after that.
2016-11-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans95097035 Posted at 2016-11-24 08:11

Yes they did, and now they can still buy it but for a better price than when it was introduced.
2016-11-23
Use props
WeAreRebellion
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone thought of the fact that maybe the Mavic was announced and launched prematurely due to Karma? Think about it, Karma is announced and two days later Mavic is announced and then 2 months later two other drones from DJI are announced. I think they were all supposed to be announced at the same time but with Karma they had to get it out their fast causing them to miss manufacturing errors. I am got my tracking number for my P4P.. Supposedly will ship Friday, keeping my fingers crossed.
2016-11-23
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans95097035 Posted at 2016-11-24 00:11

I understand what you are saying, I bought the P4 at launch in March and I've used it for the last 8 months. It did what it said it would do and that was enough to convince me to buy it at that time.

Now with the P4P launch, my P4 still does what it says it would do, and that is still more than most people actually need so it didn't suddenly become valueless and won't suddenly stop being sold any more than the P3 options which continued after P4 was released.

Now with the P4P those who understand how to use all the new camera features are going to want to upgrade, those who just want something they can fly to get video are still going to be very happy with a P4, P3 or a Mavic, there really are options for everyone.

The rules in this game are simple and we should all know them by now:

#1: Whatever you buy will be cheaper later.
#2: If you only want the very latest tech, be prepared to replace it, at least once a year
#3: New tech does not stop old tech working just like it did when you bought it.
#4: If what you are buying was released more than 6 months ago, you are probably less than 6 months from the next upgrade.
#5: The drone you have is always going to be more useful than something you don't have and therefore can't use yet...

2016-11-24
Use props
Perdix
lvl.1
Sweden

Thoes who complain about new drones comming to soon cant be over 13years old. What are you asking? To hold new technology back so you can feel that you have "the best drone" for abit longer? Or do you expect companys to forecast the future, and let you know when and what next drone will be, before you buy? Drop it!
2016-11-24
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

Looks like chat was wrong about my order being shipped this week now they claim they will not ship until the 30th told me that not be the exact date as they have no contact with shipping and told me to contact online sales through their email which I did a few days ago and still no response. Stared an online chat a ten minutes to get an udate on my order that was placed , chat starting with 12 people waitng then went to 10 now there are saying 21 are ahead of me.
Ken DJI has been in business for ten years just saw a great post on you tube on the where a guy they sent to iceland to film with an p4 pro my question to you is how can company make such a great product , have a stunning looking website, send a guy to Iceland and fire on all cylinders but fail so badly on giving an accurte assement of shipping times. Really makes no sense the technogly is in place where a company can update customers on there orders and DJI does not use it. Again I am not critical of anyone that works for DJI the blame falls on management for not doing a better job on giving the right information on shipping dates. Oh got to get back to my chat where instead of 21 people ahead of me ther are now 25 and still no response from emails sent to DJI online sales.
Chat just went off line after going from 22 in line to 12 then back to 21 and now they want me to email on line sales , really??????
2016-11-24
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rather than spending time trying to use the 'chat' to get through to someone who really can't help much with regard to delivery times, I'd suggest waiting patiently until the new App is live on iTunes/Google Play Store and the initial 1-2 weeks that they listed for shipping has expired.

I'd guess the exact date is at least somewhat dependent on Apple approving the app.

It isn't that Apple take long to do ti these days, but until it is approved there is some uncertainty. Apple recently started enforcing IPv6 compliance for example which tripped u pa few people with apps that have been getting approval for a long time now.

So, best to make sure it is approved, release it and then unleash the deliveries.
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2016-11-24 18:46
Looks like chat was wrong about my order being shipped this week now they claim they will not ship  ...

Could you please provide me with your order number? I'll help to check it.
As for the online chat issue, it's probably the live chat system issue.
I'll help to report it as well.
2016-11-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-23 18:43
My money was taken 22nd from PayPal ordered 15 th, expecting to see shipping soon..

I'm thinking about starting a thread for people like myself who have what I call "DJI drone addiction tendencies" every drone DJI has released, except for inspire 2, I order as soon as it's released without even reading about it. It's becoming a real issue in my house as I have drones everywhere, many of them I no longer fly but at the same time I can't bring myself to sell any of them. Maybe it's because I grew up poor and never had anything? Any input would be appreciated.
2016-11-24
Use props
bajaecotours
lvl.1
United States

DJI keeps dropping the ball on delivery. I cancelled Mavic order after three weeks of no response and no longer answering my emails. Now i ordered P4Pro and it's 8 days later (in my order they said item would ship 7 days later)....can't get an email response from them now and Chat is gone....BAD BUSINESS PLANNING DJI.  How can they blow this ?
2016-11-24
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2
United States

Perdix Posted at 2016-11-24 05:07
Thoes who complain about new drones comming to soon cant be over 13years old. What are you asking? T ...

With all due respect, you just don't "get it."  Yes, new technology is always advancing, but this isn't an iPhone that one uses every day where they can rationalize an outright purchase, or is "subsidized" by the company and a contract to make it affordable.  These are $1K + drones, and coming out with significant new ones every 6 months isn't prudent.  Once a year would be fine.  The problem is that most consumers don't purchase the drone the day it's released, but rather some time later....Thus, when it is replaced by something better within 2-3 months, it causes bitterness.  Many have posted about this so it's not just my "theory."  I also know a lot about this as a marketing professor and prior GE global product mgr.  If the product were replaced 9-10 months after purchase (on a yearly release schedule, assuming consumers purchased a couple months after intro), they would most likely feel differently.

For example, everyone knows when Apple is going to release new phones and people have confidence that when they purchase them, there won't be a significant upgrade for 2 years, as the every year introduction is just an "S" model, or minor upgrades.  Apple has managed to get 1/2 of their customer base on alternating yearly upgrades, with half upgrading from 5 to 6 to 7, while the other half upgrade from 5S to 6S to 7S & etc.  DJI is just throwing new drones out there every couple months and I'm not sure if they're expecting current users to keeping buying $1K drones or what.

Lastly, the drone market isn't a highly penetrated consumer market.....Not even close and there is no "real" widespread competition.  DJI is moving too fast and would probably serve itself well to slow down a bit....Especially since they seem to have logistics and inventory mgt issues.  JMHO.

I love my P4 and got burned after buying the 3, so now I have two.  I can't keep buy drones every 4-6 months and I seriously doubt the market is growing at a rate to support all these early adopters.  No way this product life cycle has hit the early majority phase yet....Not even close.  Some would argue the drone market is still in the first part of the "early adopter" phase.
curve.JPG
2016-11-24
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-23 19:55
Yes they did, and now they can still buy it but for a better price than when it was introduced.

Why would someone want another P4 just because they can buy it at a lower price now?  That doesn't make any sense, or maybe I'm missing the point you are trying to make.
2016-11-24
Use props
Beefy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tripper Dog Posted at 2016-11-24 15:14
With all due respect, you just don't "get it."  Yes, new technology is always advancing, but this i ...

I think the product life cycle issues with DJI, and the rapid turnover, could be more to do with safety features and trying to protect the market from legislation, as well as making them more accessible to all. The only counter argument to that could be that they're keeping the 'older' products on the market at discounted prices, possibly leading to less careful / caring purchasers flying, and crashing, more often!
As the technology is developing at such a rate I envisage them continuing to push out new models every 6-9 months. If it's in Early Adopter phase I can see those (us) continuing to shell out, only a more mature market would slow that. IMHO.
Edit: Ex-GE Production Manager
2016-11-24
Use props
Perdix
lvl.1
Sweden

@ Tripper Dog

But what difference does it make if they release a new model? You dont have to buy every one they release. Unless you are really rich. The difference is not that big between two models.

I would not mind if they release phantom 5 a week after i recieve mine. Sure a bit suprised, but i would not complain and demand a change. I think its great if they can push the development of new technology. That will give me an even better product next time i decide to upgrade.

I strongly doubt you complain because you want DJI to make more money. I think you just want the latest and coolest drone until you have money to upgrade.
2016-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-24 12:02
I'm thinking about starting a thread for people like myself who have what I call "DJI drone addict ...

Well I'm a bit like you, although I only have 3 drones now sold my P4 yesterday, hated selling had really looked after it,,but bringing 2 new drones home in just a couple of weeks, was probably a bit much .
I have so much camera equipment so many cameras and so much other technology keep promising myself I will get rid of some but never get around to it, maybe someday,
Only one thing I can say to you is if it makes you happy and it's not causing any hardship then why not..
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Tripper Dog Posted at 2016-11-24 23:15
Why would someone want another P4 just because they can buy it at a lower price now?  That doesn't ...

Yes, sorry. You missed my point of the post.
2016-11-24
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-24 12:02
I'm thinking about starting a thread for people like myself who have what I call "DJI drone addict ...

You have just never grown up! Boys with their toys......a bit like me :-)
2016-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules