Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-24 18:02
Yes, sorry. You missed my point of the post.

Hi Ken anyway you could organize a way we could put up a thread here on P4 pro forum..
2016-11-24
Use props
fans95097035
lvl.3

United States

Tripper Dog Posted at 2016-11-24 23:14
With all due respect, you just don't "get it."  Yes, new technology is always advancing, but this i ...

Thank you! And also the people who bought the X5R are also pissed of because they spent $5000 on a camera and now there is the x4s that is better and costs less. Many inspire 1 owners are a little pissed of because Dji did not make inspire 1 cameras be able to work with the inspire 2. So now if they want a new airframe that is smarter and more capabilities they not only have to buy the airframe but they have to buy the camera to. Should it be a big task for Dji to do? Heck no they solved much bigger problems in the past. But now all they are about is money and THAT is why some people are pissed of because they spent so much money on something and that there is a better one in 6 months. I know lots of people who make a living from drone photography so whenever a new drone comes out they HAVE to buy it so they can tell their clients that they are going with the best of the best. Let's just say you are getting married and you want someone to film it with a drone (and you do not know how to fly one) 2 people come to you. Someone who has a inspire 2 and someone who has a inspire 1. Let's say the inspire to is marginally more expensive. What would you pick? Most people would go with the person with the newer drone. So now the inspire 1 owner HAS to buy a drone so he can make business. Would you be pissed of if you where the inspire 1 owner if you lost your job because your still relatively new drone is "outdated"?
2016-11-24
Use props
MaxDroner
lvl.1
United States

Personally I would never have chosen my wedding photographer based on what camera they used.  I would base it on samples of their work.
2016-11-24
Use props
Phantom Master
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1554892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Before I go into my rant, I want to tell you how much I love DJI's products.  I have been flying the Phantom series since the beginning, and I am always impressed with the design, engineering, and usability of DJI's drones.  I have told everyone I know how incredible my Phantom 4 is, and my Inspire is a wonderful drone as well.  I have always purchased my DJI products through a third party vendor, but when the Phantom 4 Professional debuted, I immediately ordered the drone directly from DJI.  I was told by a pre-sales customer service representative that the Phantom 4 Pro would be shipped immediately after my credit card was charged.  Well, it's been 10 days since my credit card was charged and my Phantom 4 Pro still has not been shipped.  Even the website stated it would ship in 1-3 days.  WRONG!  I ordered my Phantom 4 Pro as soon as I received the email from DJI introducing the Phantom 4 Pro.  It's become clear to me that DJI was not prepared to ship any Phantom 4 Pros, but they went ahead and deceitfully told the public that they were ready to ship out.  I have spent numerous HOURS trying to get in touch with a customer service representative who could access my account and give me an approximate shipping date.  I was given the run-around for hours, and none of the chat representatives (pre-sales or post-sales) could access my account... or so I was told.  I was given the most ridiculous excuses as to why they couldn't access my account, and I was directed to email customer service.  I sent an email to them and immediately received an auto reply telling me that they were too overloaded with emails to respond to me.  The email directed me to contact DJI chat... which I obviously had already done.  I called the sales department, but the automated system lead me to a recording telling me to go to the DJI chat...again.  I finally called a customer service representative in the repair department hoping he could route my call to a human being who could give me information about when my Phantom 4 Pro would be shipped.  He told me that he was in the tech department, and he had no way to connect me to anyone who could answer my question.  He told me to write an email and contact the chat representatives.  After trying literally everything I could think of, I called my boss, who is a customer service manager for a very large company to see if he had any ideas on how to get a hold of someone who could help me.  The only thing we could think of was to write an email to the Legal Department at DJI and let them know that we were contacting our state's Attorney General as well as our congressman.  It is not legal to advertise a product as being "in stock" when it isn't actually available for shipping.  I can honestly say that DJI has the absolute worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with over the course of my 40 years on this planet.  Luckily my uncle is friends with our attorney General, so the Attorney General actually tried to get a hold of sales at DJI himself.  He became so frustrated that he pushed our complaint to the top of the list, so he is investigating their California headquarters and will contact me very soon.  DJI is basically promising people a product, taking their money, and earning interest on the money while the customers wait for months for their product.  My credit card company reversed charges and launched an investigation as to why they are promising product delivery within 24 hours of your credit card being charged, yet they aren't shipping anything out.  It is sad that a company that produces such a great product has such a horrible, deceptive customer service department. They are taking the customer's money and not shipping out the product.  This is an illegal practice and California is cracking down on companies who operate in this manner.  I still have no idea when the Phantom 4 Professional will be available.  This is absolutely unacceptable and sad.  I hope they get rid of every single manager in their sales support department before they drag the entire company down to its knees.
2016-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Phantom Master Posted at 2016-11-24 21:26
Before I go into my rant, I want to tell you how much I love DJI's products.  I have been flying the ...

First of all when you purchased it was advertised shipping 1/2 weeks , you are still in this period, so until this period is up you have no argument regarding shipping time.
With regards to your card being charged immediately this has not been the case for most who have ordered, and I am one of those,
With regards to customer service, maybe they are busy because they've just released 4 new products. and yes maybe could improve.
I really think your being very previous about this it's been 9 days since you ordered and already you are threatening the AG and the state of California's wrath on dji.
I'm not to sure if your having a laugh here, but frankly at this moment in time your statement is ridiculous...
2016-11-24
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

For what it's worth, without doing an exhaustive search, I have just now seen on Amazon (U.S.) 3 different listings for the P4 Pro:

* One states "This item will be released on December 15, 2016"
* One states "This item will be released on December 20, 2016"
* One states "This item will be released on January 15, 2017"

The DJI site now states "Estimated shipping: 5-7 business days of order confirmation."

Who knows what one can rely on, but if DJI's statement is correct (and it is not another Mavic-like runaround), then Phantom Master should be able to receive his within the original 1-2 week time period originally stated by DJI.
2016-11-24
Use props
Gary UNY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178776 ft
United States

Clarification to my post #526: On DJI's site it states 5-7 days for the P4 Pro (no built in screen), but "Estimated shipping: 1-2 weeks of order confirmation" for the P4 Pro+.
2016-11-24
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans95097035 Posted at 2016-11-24 20:50
Thank you! And also the people who bought the X5R are also pissed of because they spent $5000 on a ...

You need to look closer at exactly what DJI have done with the I2.

It really would not have been possible to support the original camera without compromising the new design considerably. All the processing has moved into the main body of the Inspire, the new cameras are very different from the old ones.

As to your wedding example I'd say you pick the guy with the most experience and the best portfolio, the age of his drone is not exactly going to be an issue.

In general, we can never assume that any accessory for one DJI drone is ever going to be useable on the next drone, especially something as closely integrated as a camera.

Also never forget that the release of something new does mean that what you have stops working...

For the Inspire at least, if you didn't already recover the cost many times over then you have bigger problems than the release of an I2, and if you can't see a way to cover the I2 cost in short order then you probably should stay with the Inspire you have as the work you do probably doesn't need it...
2016-11-24
Use props
PlateauPro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 905384 ft
United States

Same boat here. Did not get my P4P order in until November 21 BUT when I did order (directly through DJIs website), the site said 'ships in 1-3 days' after payment confirmation. My payment was confirmed moments after the order was placed and still no shipping info.

A quick chat with DJI rep online basically indicates we're on the same roller coaster as with the Mavic. English was broken but is sounds like either the drones have not been produced yet or there are some hurdles with customs that DJI is struggling with. Rep said I should get shipping info in 1 week. Fingers crossed, I cancelled my Mavic order to get a drone sooner - may have been a mistake. Will check back in in a week.
2016-11-24
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2
United States

Perdix Posted at 2016-11-24 12:42
@ Tripper Dog

But what difference does it make if they release a new model? You dont have to buy ev ...

First of all, you have no idea what I want.  

Secondly, let me break it down to the simplest level for you since you it appears you have no fundamental understanding of product mgt, not to mention product line extension nor value satisfaction (by the consumer).  When DJI (or any company) starts churning out luxury items (yes, anything over a grand) every couple months (They've release several in the last few months), customers are not only overwhelmed at the options, but those who just purchased (including me) aren't that happy about the next best thing being released literally right around the corner.  And then, to not be able to even keep up logistically, i.e.. inventory mgt....Msakes those who do buy, frustrated as well.

Obviously, others feel the same way given their posts.   

Many could learn a lot from this very basic article:

http://blog.clientheartbeat.com/ ... ction-is-important/

Seems to me that DJI is so worried about GoPro, that they are just churning out new products left and right without regard for the consumer.  GoPro can't even get off the ground (no pun intended) much less become a viable competitor.  DJI needs to slow down, do things right, take care of the customer, and the rest will make care of itself.  Who cares how advanced your "next" product is if you've alienated your primary customer base?  JMHO and nothing more.

2016-11-24
Use props
YTGraham
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7224 ft
Canada

fans95097035 Posted at 2016-11-24 13:50
Thank you! And also the people who bought the X5R are also pissed of because they spent $5000 on a ...

No, not so. Most people would go with the photographer who has the more professional looking portfolio with the better pictures.  The inspire 2 has awesome new features but for most owners of the 1 or the 1 pro it's not required to upgrade at all, they are still amazing platforms for their purpose.  A newer drone won't make you a better photographer. It will give you more tools in your arsenal, but a wise client will still choose the photographer whose actual portfolio appeals to them.
2016-11-24
Use props
Perdix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 654580 ft
Sweden

Tripper Dog Posted at 2016-11-25 06:19
First of all, you have no idea what I want.  

Secondly, let me break it down to the simplest level ...

"Let me break it down for you"
All i see is you repeating yourself.

Yes, some agree with you, others dont. I dont think we get any futher here. Guess there is just two types of customers.
2016-11-24
Use props
TcKncFwHXRw7
lvl.1

United States

At least I have all these comments to read while I wait for my beautiful P4P+! ;) still happy over here
2016-11-25
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A Guy from the US who got his P4P form a local Dealer posted a P4P unboxing vid on YouTube and is stuck with his P4P remote without Screen. No DJI Go 4 App to download.
That should be the main reason, why P4P doesnt get deliverd. Go App 4 not ready.

Honestly, i dont get the Information Policy from DJI.
Why not post something on the Forum like "Delivery Status of P4P", "Guys, your P4P´s are ready for delivery, just finishing Go App 4 as fast as we can. We keep you updated"

That would reduce speculations massivley, DJI Chat wouldnt be bothered all the Time people asking fort delivery etc.

Life for DJI could be that easy.
2016-11-25
Use props
fans66d5fdc9
lvl.1

United States

Skyclip Posted at 2016-11-25 03:09
A Guy from the US who got his P4P form a local Dealer posted a P4P unboxing vid on YouTube and is st ...

If that were true why not ship the P4P's out while apple is approving the app for the store? Makes no sense to just hold them and wait to ship. Can easily just give people a link to manually download the app outside the apple store. Tons of other vendors successfully do this.
2016-11-25
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Unboxing Vid, Take a look in the Vid Description & Comment Section :

2016-11-25
Use props
Perdix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 654580 ft
Sweden

The online chat support is soooooooooo bad. You get different answers from everybody. I dont know what is compitable with what. And you get back at the end of the line in the middle of conversation with support.

Does anyone know if car charger and battery heater is compatible with P4P? Onlinechat say both yes and no to this..
2016-11-25
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-24 19:33
Could you please provide me with your order number? I'll help to check it.
As for the online chat  ...

Mindy
Thank you for your time, my order number is 0018603296191 for just the P4pro order time 2016-11-16:22:40(UTC)
payment method  Pay Pal express checkout payment status is authorized and to DJI's credit my card will not be charged until the item is shipped.
Cheers
Iris
2016-11-25
Use props
Beefy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2016-11-25 09:59
Mindy
Thank you for your time, my order number is 0018603296191 for just the P4pro order time 2016 ...

My money went two days ago and mine hasn't shipped.
2016-11-25
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered from Newegg and got charged and even given a tracking number at the beginning of the week, but it still doesn't exist in FedEx so nothing has shipped even though my status says it did.
2016-11-25
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

I ordered the Pro+ from B&H because they have earned my trust over the years. They are an authorized DJI dealer. According to their customer service they can't even make an informed guess on product arrival.

My personal response to the acute pain of delayed gratification many of us are suffering:

2016-11-25
Use props
DJI - Lee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8415 ft

Indonesia

wow... Flight time 30 mins
2016-11-25
Use props
maximlord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2227946 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought dji phantom 4 pro and I can not find dji go 4. Please give a direct link to the download.
2016-11-25
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

maximlord Posted at 2016-11-25 14:12
I bought dji phantom 4 pro and I can not find dji go 4. Please give a direct link to the download.

it hasn't been released by dji yet.
2016-11-25
Use props
fansecaeedd5
lvl.1
Canada

Woulda bin nice if they could at least give us the option of buing the P4Pro cam n installed into are P4s that some of us jus spent a shit load of money on...now all the stuff comes out on the Pro n the P4 is worthless cause no1 wants the old 1 they want the 1 that jus came out...i friggen knew i shoulda kept my money in my pocket...thats B. S...
2016-11-25
Use props
Aidid Haiqal (W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1132822 ft
Malaysia

fansecaeedd5 Posted at 2016-11-26 06:45
Woulda bin nice if they could at least give us the option of buing the P4Pro cam n installed into ar ...

You can't do it just like that..because DJI image processor in on the main board not the camera board
2016-11-25
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2010249 ft
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-11-25 21:24
I ordered from Newegg and got charged and even given a tracking number at the beginning of the week, ...

Yep, ordered mine from the Egg too on Nov, 16th. And got my "Tracking Number" on the 22nd.
I left a comment on Newegg's sales page under for the P4P in the "questions" area today. They just emailed me and also DJI. Trying to get some answers. I'll post with any new info.
Hang in there
2016-11-25
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FLIDAHO Posted at 2016-11-25 19:44
Yep, ordered mine from the Egg too on Nov, 16th. And got my "Tracking Number" on the 22nd.
I left  ...

They sent an email to DJI for me 3 days ago and I haven't heard anything.
2016-11-25
Use props
ricphoto
lvl.2

United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-11-26 09:07
They sent an email to DJI for me 3 days ago and I haven't heard anything.

I went through that with the Egg too...finally after a lot of back and forth about the invalid tracking # they sent I cancelled and went with Aerial Media Pros...They actually have the P4P in stock and are shipping Monday...even gave me a 5% Black Friday discount...Nice to be able to talk directly to the owner and not have to wait an hour for a chat rep who doesn't know anything and can't do anything...
2016-11-25
Use props
maximlord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2227946 ft
  • >>>
United States

He's already sold on djinyc.com
2016-11-25
Use props
FLIDAHO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2010249 ft
United States

ricphoto Posted at 2016-11-26 09:15
I went through that with the Egg too...finally after a lot of back and forth about the invalid tra ...

Oh boy.
So much for "some level of hope".
Like I said,
Hang in there.
2016-11-25
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans66d5fdc9 Posted at 2016-11-25 17:24
If that were true why not ship the P4P's out while apple is approving the app for the store? Makes ...

No, tons of others don't do that, you can't distribute an Apple app to the public outside the app store.

You can publish a link to iTunes, but you can't link directly to an app hosted outside the Apple app store.
2016-11-25
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ricphoto Posted at 2016-11-25 20:15
I went through that with the Egg too...finally after a lot of back and forth about the invalid tra ...

Thanks for the heads up, I'm trying to cancel with Newegg now. Placed an order with AerialPros with the discount.
2016-11-25
Use props
fans66d5fdc9
lvl.1

United States

Telrin Posted at 2016-11-25 21:06
No, tone of others don't do that, you can't distribute an Apple app to the public outside the app  ...

Um yes you absolutely can and many do.
2016-11-25
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans66d5fdc9 Posted at 2016-11-26 11:39
Um yes you absolutely can and many do.

If you are talking about jail-breaking that is something different, but without that you really can't do it.

Easy on Android, you can just distribute the APK if you want, but not Apple.
2016-11-25
Use props
fans66d5fdc9
lvl.1

United States

Telrin Posted at 2016-11-25 21:44
If you are talking about jail-breaking that is something different, but without that you really ca ...

No I am not talking about jail breaking. How on earth do you think enterprises, corps, and government agencies install proprietary apps to all their employees? You think they publish them to the apple store? Of course not that's beyond idiotic. You can easily install apps outside the apple store on non-jail broken apple devices. I've done it myself many many times as have millions of others.
2016-11-25
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans66d5fdc9 Posted at 2016-11-26 11:47
No I am not talking about jail breaking. How on earth do you think enterprises, corps, and governm ...

I said to the public...

The Enterprise schemes are limited to distribution to employees and contractors.

The Testflight approach is limited to testing.

There really is no route available for a company like DJI to distribute an app to customers outside the app store, nor for that matter is there any real need either.

Apple are currently taking no more than a couple of days or so to approve apps, it is not like it used to be where you could wait a week or more for approval.
2016-11-25
Use props
perfectpercepti
lvl.1

United States

Just cancelled by Phantom 4 Pro order directly with DJI as I saw that my local DJI dealer (Advexure.com) here in LA has Phantom 4 Pro units arriving in on Monday.

They've also got a nice 5% off promotion for Black Friday that lasts through midnight pacific time I'm told.

https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-4-pro/
2016-11-25
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168891 ft
United States

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2016-11-25 01:59
Mindy
Thank you for your time, my order number is 0018603296191 for just the P4pro order time 2016 ...

For P4P+ 0011228051793 here...

Thanks,
Randy
2016-11-25
Use props
fans66d5fdc9
lvl.1

United States

Telrin Posted at 2016-11-25 21:51
I said to the public...

The Enterprise schemes are limited to distribution to employees and contr ...

No they are not limited to employees and contractors. Its limited by whoever writes the app to whoever they want to release it to be it employees, contractors, the public etc. You are obviously absolutely clueless as to how the process works and what is possible with it. Its not only very possible but very easy to do if they were so inclined and im pretty sure DJI has even given out the links to it to several people who proved they had P4P's in hand.
2016-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules