Compass Calibration Failed
21752 45 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans78528cc4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78465 ft
Canada

I was having the same problem.  Calibration Failed!  Too Strong Magnetic Interference Detected.... bla bla bla.

I found that when I took off my Apple Watch, everything works just fine.  Who Knew???
2018-3-10
Use props
johanes 1
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi, I was able to solve the problem of the compas; a friend electrical engineer recommended me to do a selenoid to demagnetize the compas 2 and it works perfectly.
2018-3-14
Use props
johanes 1
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi, I was able to solve the problem of the compas; a friend electrical engineer recommended me to do a selenoid to demagnetize the compas 2 and it works perfectly.
2018-3-14
Use props
FL 450
lvl.1
United States

Just had this problem on a new Mavic Pro August 2018. As DJI-Ken mentioned, the arms must be unfolded to calibrate the compass. Problem resolved immediately.
2018-8-30
Use props
jimdow528
lvl.2

United States

To be certain, smartphone compasses can be "way off" with their azimuth readings.
Recently I developed a new method for compensating for the residual (after calibration) deviation errors experienced by electronic compasses (smartphones).  The method is very easy to implement by smartphone compass app vendors; and it applies to handheld laser rangefinders as well.
Here are the compass deviation (compensation) curves for a well-known iPhone compass app.  These compensation curves significantly improve the results measured by the compass app - over the entire 360 degree range of measurement.
image.png
image.png

If you or your associates might be interested in this new method for correcting smartphone compass errors (Android or iPhone), please contact me. Your readership might be interested as well.  I would like to help.

Fixing Rangefinder & Smartphone Residual Compass (azimuth) Deviation Errors
https://www.amazon.com/Rangefind ... tal-text&sr=1-1

Thanks for your time and consideration
2023-4-27
Use props
jimdow528
lvl.2

United States

Take a look at the following blog posts to gain a different perspective about compass azimuth errors.

https://tru-path.org/2023/05/09/case-study-1-a/
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules