123Next >
23599 108 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United Kingdom

If you click the return home button without a gps signal does it fly back to china?
2016-11-27
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Vannibombonato Posted at 2016-11-27 14:28
I think he said 10 times that he was using controller only, NOT app...

Lol counting isnt your thing is it ?
2016-11-27
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Without the App, can you tell if it set homepoint correctly? Is there any kind of beep? Just curious. For me, it is taking a gamble without visual confirmation.
Also, why didn't you try immediately to attach your phone ans see what GPS says? If it still had battery power, you could find it.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

well I am sorry to break it to you my friend but fly away are caused by thermal wind gust and there is no controlled by this phenomenon so thats the reason why DJI does not cover this kind of irresponsibility....
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

I am guessing your flying beyond visual sight..
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

sanuk Posted at 2016-11-26 09:16
Hope you get to the bottom of this.

Seems like a small GPS tracker dongle will be a good investment ...

to be honest if your going to do long distance flying yes its is highly recommendation
2016-11-27
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

watuse Posted at 2016-11-27 11:08
well I am sorry to break it to you my friend but fly away are caused by thermal wind gust and there  ...

Are you just spamming every thread here? What has thermal wind got to do with RC connection failure? Not much until the Mavic is out of range. The OP clearly stats that the Mavic was only 50m away from him, so not even 50 high. Thermal wind will not have had and impact.
2016-11-27
Use props
John John
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9177 ft
South Africa

watuse Posted at 2016-11-27 13:08
well I am sorry to break it to you my friend but fly away are caused by thermal wind gust and there  ...

Your diagnosis of the problem is as clumsy as a cow trying to play the banjo.
2016-11-27
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Fact: it took me half a blunt to read this thread and still don't understand wtf is going on...
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd79e6ca9 Posted at 2016-11-26 02:49
How exactly can I send the aircraft in for DJI Care if it's flown away, gone gone gone!

As you kno ...

What is your email and I'll send you the file to extract the logs from the RC and I'll have them analyzed.
2016-11-27
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

How do I find thermal gusts, l'm tire of raking leaves? This way the next town can clean them up.
2016-11-27
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Fact: I added nothing useful to this thread
2016-11-27
Use props
MavicMark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52454 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-27 08:03
Sorry for your crash, what were you tracking ?
I'm curious if it saw a similar object and started  ...

Hi Ken,

It was tracking me. I have uploaded the video to dropbox here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc5ad5 ... %2005%20pm.mov?dl=0

How should I send you my email?

Thanks
2016-11-27
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-11-26 20:59
Fact, I own a unicorn
Fact, Pigs can fly
Fact, I am 187 years old

Fact is that's funny :-)
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MavicMark Posted at 2016-11-27 15:56
Hi Ken,

It was tracking me. I have uploaded the video to dropbox here - https://www.dropbox.com/ ...

I see now, have you already contacted DJI support? Upload the DAT file of the crash and upload that and the RC log file to Dropbox and email me the link.
I'll email you the RC download tool when you email me.
djiken@dji.com
2016-11-27
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Fact, STRAYAAAAA
Anyways, jokes aside, that's pretty sht! for both fansd79e6ca9 and MavicMark.

@MavicMark, when did you get yours?
Given fansd79e6ca9 got it a few weeks ago... part of those first batches, it will be good to know when you got yours.
2016-11-27
Use props
MavicMark
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-28 09:40
I see now, have you already contacted DJI support? Upload the DAT file of the crash and upload that ...

Hi Ken, Ive send an email over to you. Thanks for your help.
2016-11-28
Use props
MavicMark
lvl.1
Australia

cluc Posted at 2016-11-28 10:33
Fact, STRAYAAAAA
Anyways, jokes aside, that's pretty sht! for both fansd79e6ca9 and Mavi ...

Hey Cluc, I got mine in one of the first shipments too. It arrived in my hands 7-11-16, was a pretty awesome day!!
2016-11-28
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

MavicMark Posted at 2016-11-29 06:41
Hey Cluc, I got mine in one of the first shipments too. It arrived in my hands 7-11-16, was a pret ...

Rub it in mate!

Still waiting for mine... lol
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MavicMark Posted at 2016-11-28 15:39
Hi Ken, Ive send an email over to you. Thanks for your help.

I replied to your email.
2016-11-28
Use props
SamBlay
lvl.1

Japan

Follow this guide. http://dji.droneinner.com/mavic-pro-fly-away
2016-12-8
Use props
NCao
New
Flight distance : 48333 ft
United States

My Mavic Pro sudden increase altitude. then alarmed battery 30% .  then flew away
2017-1-16
Use props
NCao
New
Flight distance : 48333 ft
United States

Greetings all drone pilots out there.  My Mavic Pro flew away today at noon.  Calibrated compass passed. home location reported fine.  Recorded several different set of video.  Horizontal distance of 600 ft.  Visually can see it.  Then, controller beat reported battery only 30%.  enabled flying home.  Normally it did.  Today, it flew somewhere else.  I could view it from the camera.  Flew up vertical close to 800 ft.  Then recorded, safe landed.  I am totally lost it.
2017-1-16
Use props
Toomer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19475 ft
United States

MavicMark Posted at 2016-11-27 13:56
Hi Ken,

It was tracking me. I have uploaded the video to dropbox here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc5ad5lholrpcai/Video%2026-11-16%2C%202%2059%2005%20pm.mov?dl=0

Yikes!!!  That ... makes me *not* want to ever use active track.  I dunno, in a way - you are kind of lucky that it smacked into the tree I suppose?  If the tree hadn't stopped it, it may very well not have stopped until it hit that building in the background, and then you would have had an even worse problem?  (or - what if it managed to clear the building and just fly away completely?)
2017-1-16
Use props
Adinfinitum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 603816 ft
Netherlands

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-26 16:23
Before the Mavic takes off it takes a GPS reading of home. The location of home is in the computer chip in the Mavic, not in the RC. So why did it not come home when it lost contact? It knew where home was, or did it?

Well, if the GPS signal was interfered where the Mavic flew, Mavic will not be able to find his way home. Some GPS receivers actually think they are on the north pole when they receive no signal (!). How would a Mavic react?
Also possible attached trackers can cause receiver blocking in the Mavic  (GPS and controller signal). So if one is flying a intelligent mode flight, every movement the Mavic makes is based on GPS position calculations.
I can image that when one of the Mavics sensors or receivers has a sort of hick-up, it's brains comes up with "corrections" that are actually fly aways. For example when a sensor reports the Mavic isn't in balance (but it actually is), it will try to correct the imbalance and flies away. Lot's of possibilities here that can cause a fly away. The problem is that the nasty cause is likely not to be always recorded in the flight data.
2017-3-21
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

WasabiBread Posted at 2016-11-27 08:22
Fact: it took me half a blunt to read this thread and still don't understand wtf is going on...

I'm almost at half loll
2017-3-21
Use props
Adinfinitum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 603816 ft
Netherlands

In case there are sparks in the vicinity of the Mavic, or the controller, they will cause a broad-band interference. This can cause a signal loss of signals comming from the controller and the Mavic at the same time. For example, powerlines after rain. Or electrical trains driving by, they often cause sparks. Or spot-welding. Or a defective wind mill (carbon brushes). A lot of LED spotlights (streetlights turning on?) et cetera. So I do not mean a short pulse, but continuous sparks.
2017-3-21
Use props
Genetics
lvl.2

United States

fansd79e6ca9 Posted at 2016-11-26 00:52
Fact, I own a shit load of DJI drones, over the last 4 years, none of flown away.
Fact, Mavic doesn't require DJI Go app, all the telemetry is on the controller.
Fact, it had set home on take off

I applaud your testimony! I've been building flying, selling drones from before DJI's first flight controller & ive sat back and watched videos & testimony of litterally THOUSANDS of flyaways! These flyaways were thought to be user error until former CEO Colin Guinn came forward and testified in a court that DJI was negligent in their ability to solve major software & harware issues linked to the infamous "FLY AWAY"!
What amazes me the most is the dji fanboys who've never experienced a flyaway can't seen to believe a flyaway can happen unless they see it with their own two eyes- HA HA HA HA, the mind of a true libtard! Even one of the oldest automobile manufacturers in the world still has problems with brand new vehicles ending up in flames on the side of the road for no appearant reason! What is it these idiots can't understand about a fairly new technology having problems? I mean seriously people C'mon with your silly, childish kicking & screaming, demanding proof of the flyaway or the proverbial "It didn't happen"..... I'm sorry about your loss & im happy to say that in the last 9 years of flying, building, selling drones I've never had a single incident where my multi has flown away. #DJISUCKS
2017-4-26
Use props
Genetics
lvl.2

United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-11-26 12:59
Fact, I own a unicorn
Fact, Pigs can fly
Fact, I am 187 years old

FACT- you're an idiot.
2017-4-26
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

Paranoid Jack Posted at 2016-11-26 13:42
All you attack dogs need to chill. This is not the only report of a fly away. Nor is it the only report of strange flight behaviour with the Mavic. Stopping acting like a shill and just let the guy talk with the admin.

If this was the only report I would be suspicious too... but it is not. And from what I've read on another thread the user was in contact with DJI to replace his Mavic that flew off with a mind of its own. What we all need to know here is if the DJI Go Ap data log is required to get a replacement drone? If this happens to me do I need a video recording of the Mavic going nuts before flying off on its own? Do I also need the DJI Go Ap data log along with the Controller logs? Where is the DJI response to all these incidents? Shouldn't there be a thread about the recalibration requirements after a firmware update?

I couldn't agree more. I had my Mavic fly away over the weekend and if it wasn't for it hitting a balcony on a building I would have never recovered it.

We are all trying to figure this thing out. In fact, we are basically all Mavic Beta testers for DJI.

People in the forum need to give the other operators a break or the benifit of the doubt

DJI's response or lack of response to these issues should be put under more scrutiny, not the Mavic operators.
2017-4-26
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

Given the OP's silence and claims of being such an expert and having lots and lots and lots of drones...

..maybe DJI made an exception and sent him a new Mavic, on the proviso that he pipes down
2017-4-26
Use props
Rick James Bish
lvl.1

United States

Regardless of whats fact, knowing the history of DJI with fly aways, this thread did keep me from clicking the order now button.  I would think if you could provide data that showed a problem, DJI would offer a replacement. Even then you would be relying on them to point out the problem and accept responsibility for it, especially if you purchased the replacement option.
2017-4-27
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Genetics Posted at 2017-4-26 09:00
I applaud your testimony! I've been building flying, selling drones from before DJI's first flight controller & ive sat back and watched videos & testimony of litterally THOUSANDS of flyaways! These flyaways were thought to be user error until former CEO Colin Guinn came forward and testified in a court that DJI was negligent in their ability to solve major software & harware issues linked to the infamous "FLY AWAY"!
What amazes me the most is the dji fanboys who've never experienced a flyaway can't seen to believe a flyaway can happen unless they see it with their own two eyes- HA HA HA HA, the mind of a true libtard! Even one of the oldest automobile manufacturers in the world still has problems with brand new vehicles ending up in flames on the side of the road for no appearant reason! What is it these idiots can't understand about a fairly new technology having problems? I mean seriously people C'mon with your silly, childish kicking & screaming, demanding proof of the flyaway or the proverbial "It didn't happen"..... I'm sorry about your loss & im happy to say that in the last 9 years of flying, building, selling drones I've never had a single incident where my multi has flown away. #DJISUCKS

Ok simpleton.... lets see if your tiny little brain can comprehend logic ...

Not once in this thread has anyone claimed that flyaways can not happen and everyone knows new technology commonly has issues ... so wtf are you talking about ? Stop arguing with a straw man....

Just because fly aways are possible do you think dji should replace every single users drone who claims a fly away ?

Do you have the intellectual capacity to grasp the concept of dishonesty or lying?

Get a brain and clean your basemen.

2017-4-27
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Please respect other's opinions and stop talking like that in this forum. We are here to learn and help others, so please behave
Thanks
2017-4-28
Use props
Desoc56
New
Flight distance : 109341 ft
United States

Mine flew away after 44 flights. I am waiting for a resolution from DJI. Hope they will be fair.
2017-5-3
Use props
fans40deff10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153130 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fansd79e6ca9 Posted at 2016-11-26 00:52
Fact, I own a shit load of DJI drones, over the last 4 years, none of flown away.
Fact, Mavic doesn't require DJI Go app, all the telemetry is on the controller.
Fact, it had set home on take off

I believe you. Had the same thing happen to my Mavic Pro. The home point was set, I went out over the ocean and up about 30ft and left to hug the coastline. I was only about 1 1/2 min into my flight when I tried returning home manually. The drone started going out to sea. I hit RTH. Nothing. Hovered for a bit then continued to go further out to sea. I was at about 80% battery life. All attempts to bring her home either manually or with RTH failed. She finally used her battery life up and plummeted into the ocean. I did have a GPS tracker. A lot of good it did me. I know where it is. Still waiting to hear back from DJI...
2017-5-7
Use props
thirdguevara
New
Flight distance : 1312 ft
Philippines

Hi, any update here? I bought my first drone, a mavic pro. Flew it for the first time, GPS is strong 20+ satellites, I hit return to home then it flew right near on top of home then suddenly lost gos and flew away. I don't understand how it suddenly lost gps, I checked the log and that same spoy had 16 satellites when I flew past it.
2017-5-13
Use props
thirdguevara
New
Flight distance : 1312 ft
Philippines

DJI - this is my first drone, first flight, the moment it flew away from my sight I immediately recalled it back. Right when it's near me it drifted away and now it's gone. I'll return to the park tomorrow to look for it. The find my drone feature isn't reliable too.
2017-5-13
Use props
fadiatt
New
Flight distance : 12283 ft
United States

I just was flying in 400 feet and its flaing away what the
2017-5-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now