DJI GO app NOT Compatible with Ipad 4th GEN?
45621 66 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

XTREMEDRONE INC Posted at 2017-7-5 12:41
I will work on that in a few hours and will let you know where to download it.

I will be patiently waiting for the "DJI GO App crashed and I lost my Mavic!" thread. His hardware can't handle it. He bought a thousand dollar UAV. He can snag a used iPad Air or something for under $250. I mean, not trying to tell OP how to spend his money, and it's cool that you're willing to do whatever magic you're doing for him, but think of the innocent drone.
2017-7-5
Use props
jellybeantech
New
Flight distance : 108 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you very much
2017-7-5
Use props
gilly4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

I run latest go4 app and latest iOS on my iPad mini 4. No issues at all.
2017-7-6
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

Since updating dji GO4 software to 00.00.01.04 the video has been freezing up and distorted every once in a while. I think it is the DJI app software update was thinking of downgrading  which should not effect the drone software right?
2017-7-20
Use props
djiuser_hrDGSIf
New

Italy

Hi XTREMEDRONE INC ,
I'm new in this forum. I have the same problem, I would like to install DJI app on my ipad 4th gen 10'' (no ipad mini 4th like some people wrote..). It would be great if you could post the link to download your version without hardware checks.
Thank you in advance,

Mario
Italy
2017-7-27
Use props
jgiesb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68858 ft
Canada

I just picked up an iPad Mini 4 last week for my new Mavic. Everything has been running great, no major issues. The only time I had the App restart is when I switched from Airplane Mode to WiFi tethered thru my phone. Never lost controls though. I'll just chalk that up to "user error" and not do it again. I'm very happy with the iPad using the DJI Go 4 app.
2017-7-27
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

Just discovered this myself as I was trying to get my iPad 4 ready for tomorrow's Spark delivery.  I guess I can throw the iPad mount I ordered in the garbage as well.
2017-8-15
Use props
fans7085c005
New
Flight distance : 3570 ft
Spain

Explorographer Posted at 2016-11-29 03:35
Jeff,  Yeah man I am having the same issue.  I deleted my app after it wouldn't update thinking it was on my end...now I have NO app... I have a mini and an iPad Gen4.  The Gen 4 was super fast and worked like a charm. The screen was much brighter too. I was in the beta, where you?  I am wondering if that screwed it up as I had problems before like this where it wouldn't update because I was trying to update from the app store over the beta..  DJI?? Can you ring in here?? Kinda important for content creators that are left in the dark atm!!

Im cameramem ive worked also with 4 generation normal ipad it doesnt work on the new app =8
2017-8-23
Use props
fans7085c005
New
Spain

i have the same problem before dji aapp update it was fine,i have also 4 generation normal ipad they need to do someething its 1500 euros pahntom
2017-8-23
Use props
fans7085c005
New
Spain

Explorographer Posted at 2016-12-4 04:37
So, you are saying now to enjoy my 1300.00 Phantom 4, I have to go buy a new Apple device??? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU!   That is some BS right there.  
And Brrrrrrrrrrrrp... My iPad Mini has an a5 processor.   Doesn't matter...the old versions should be left out there instead of abandoning your users!

this its sheet for using phantam 4 with ipad 4 it doesnt work..i dont have money to buy new ipad
2017-8-23
Use props
fans7085c005
New
Spain

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-4 17:36
The list of recommended devices for the P4 has had A7 processors as a minimum requirement for quite some time. It's not abandonment if there was a minimum requirement that was chosen to be ignored. You can see if you can back up to an older version of the Go app, but most likely you need to at least get one generation newer in order to use the latest app.

it was working with ipad 4 dji app normal in mi opinion  that people are not obligated to buy new devices
2017-8-23
Use props
fans7085c005
New
Spain

fansab75c239 Posted at 2017-4-17 04:37
Hi I am Chris, I'm using a iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular and it does not work! I want to be able to fly the P4 but it says it needs DJI4.0 it will not start up the old app.  So I went home to a internet connection  and tried to download the DJI4.0 app and it does not let me download it. It sates the iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular is not compatible  to download the DJI4.0 app.  What TF? Now I have a P4 paperweight?
I am disgusted with the lack of support of DJI, I have dumped a large part of my savings into an adventure called Phantom4 that would be the best thing around. Not even a year and it went out of production I feel DJI does not care at all about the people who put there trust in a firm called DJI

same issue ,same problems incompabilties with ipad 4 generation
2017-8-23
Use props
fans7085c005
New
Spain

fansaeb28bba Posted at 2017-5-15 06:31
Yeah same here, not possible to download DJI GO 4 to IPAD4, . This is a real arbitrary Cutoff DJI, we can't keep upgrading expen$$ive Apple Hardware because DJI is too lazy to support IPAD4! And no, there's nothing "slow" about an iPAD4..

lets create a big goup issue i have the same problens,i used dji app normal and it works whit mi ipad 4 generation
2017-8-23
Use props
fans7085c005
New
Spain

fans7085c005 Posted at 2017-8-23 13:09
Im cameramem ive worked also with 4 generation normal ipad it doesnt work on the new app =8

i have the normal version of dji app but they upgrade this old one know it said that it isnt compatible with my system.
2017-8-23
Use props
fans7085c005
New
Spain

fans7085c005 Posted at 2017-8-23 13:19
lets create a big goup issue i have the same problens,i used dji app normal and it works whit mi ipad 4 generation

i had old versions dji app running perfectly on ipad 4 .
2017-8-23
Use props
fans7085c005
New
Spain

XTREMEDRONE INC Posted at 2017-7-3 15:13
I can edit the app so that you can install by bypassing the requirements of the device but that being said I will not be altering the app so it works correctly. Usually the device is not compatible for a reason i.e. Processor, OS, Graphics and so on. So this will allow you to install but from there I don't know without debugging what issue you may run into. Let me know if you would like me to do so.

can you please explaim us how it works for installing the app on ipad 4 generation
2017-8-23
Use props
Waterfalls69
New

United States

I too have an iPad Pro. I was able to download the DJI Go 4 app BUT when I tried to set up an account/screen name the touch screen in my iPad Pro would not work. I tried other apps and the touch screen worked no problem. So finally I tried touching every centimeter on the iPad Pro and after nearly an hour of trying I was able to set up the account/screen name BUT... I was unable to update the firmware using the DJI Go 4 app. I then installed the DJI Assistant onto my Mac and was able to update the firmware via that method. I then called DJI, who confirmed the DJI Go 4 app is not totally compatible with the iPad Pro and may not be until the next quarter (maybe sometime in 2018?)
2017-10-13
Use props
Waterfalls69
New

United States

I too have an iPad Pro. I was able to download the DJI Go 4 app BUT when I tried to set up an account/screen name the touch screen in my iPad Pro would not work. I tried other apps and the touch screen worked no problem. So finally I tried touching every centimeter on the iPad Pro and after nearly an hour of trying I was able to set up the account/screen name BUT... I was unable to update the firmware using the DJI Go 4 app. I then installed the DJI Assistant onto my Mac and was able to update the firmware via that method. I then called DJI, who confirmed the DJI Go 4 app is not totally compatible with the iPad Pro and may not be until the next quarter (maybe sometime in 2018?)
2017-10-13
Use props
fansc71efa6c
New
Flight distance : 82946 ft
United States

I don't understand why we would have to get a newer version iPad? I use my iPhone 6 and a cheap, $140.00 Android phone I bought from China, even the cheap phone works, so why not an older iPad?
2017-11-20
Use props
djilover10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63225 ft
United States

Here are the recommended devices. iPad mini 2 and above, iPad Air 1 and above, iPad Pro series, iPad 5th Gen https://www.apple.com/ipad-9.7/, and iPhone 5s and above.
2017-11-23
Use props
kenports
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11516 ft
United States

Me too have the same problem. I have iPad 4th generation and won't let me install Go4 App and it is also not supported by Apple iOs 11. I think if Apple allow the iPad 4th gen to be updated to newer iOS the Go4 app will probably work. Same with DJI, if the Go4 app works on iPad 4th gen on previous iOS like iOS 10 we are not trapped in this cave. iPad 4th gen WiFi + Cellular is faster than my iPhone 6S Plus and has better battery life.
2018-2-23
Use props
Petographer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54226 ft
United Kingdom

I started reading this and got bored by page 2 so have we been left out with the older iPad it worked before now it won't run the old version do I have to buy another device for my phantom 4 ?
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_xLgVnralz7kK
New

Colombia

XTREMEDRONE INC Posted at 2017-7-3 15:13
I can edit the app so that you can install by bypassing the requirements of the device but that being said I will not be altering the app so it works correctly. Usually the device is not compatible for a reason i.e. Processor, OS, Graphics and so on. So this will allow you to install but from there I don't know without debugging what issue you may run into. Let me know if you would like me to do so.

Hi.
I would accept your offer to modify the app to make it work in my iPad. I just purchased one 4th Gen based on what dji said regarding IOs minimum version required (10 or newer) mine is 10.3.
Please help me!
Regards
2018-12-16
Use props
WhiteBlackGoose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344472 ft

Russia

Hello.
Predictable, but I have the same problem (with Ipad 4 (not mini)). So is it possible to install an older version of DJI GO 4 for Phantom 4?
2019-2-15
Use props
djiuser_JLv1EJWeNmnL
New
Flight distance : 16998 ft
United States

I got the same problem and noone can seem to tell me why. Have you gotten any answers yet? Mine says ios of 10.3.3. App says 10 or above, dji says ok, but their customer service sucks. I Don't get it. Can you shed any light on it? My email is Reckeralde1@gmail.com.  thank you!
2020-9-19
Use props
Ronald Headrick
New

United States

Your iPad has to have at least ios 9 or more to run go 4
2022-6-6
Use props
Ronald Headrick
New

United States

Have you tried to download the go 4 apk file and do it that way or that is android
2022-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules