3732 44 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

fans3d2c0c91 Posted at 2017-1-5 16:42
Yeah, setting the edge of the DoF to infinity as default would give us the deepest DoF until we chose to tap to focus.  I'm in favor of the FW being updated to set it that way.  

At night it would really REALLY come in handy as AF can't handle the low light and MF is very hard to read accurately in night footage on the small screen.

I think what you're requesting is referred to as the 'hyperfocal' distance. If a camera is focused on its hyperfocal distance, everything beyond that point to infinity will be in focus, as well as a a good deal of what's before that point. I've read elsewhere that the Mavic's hyperfocal distance should be about 12m. Whatever the hypfocal distance is, I think it would be a great idea to have the Mavic start at that point by default.
2017-1-6
Use props
fans3d2c0c91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391040 ft
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-1-6 00:33
I think what you're requesting is referred to as the 'hyperfocal' distance. If a camera is focused on its hyperfocal distance, everything beyond that point to infinity will be in focus, as well as a a good deal of what's before that point. I've read elsewhere that the Mavic's hyperfocal distance should be about 12m. Whatever the hypfocal distance is, I think it would be a great idea to have the Mavic start at that point by default.

KNOWING that now, this is what I intend to do....

Lift off to 40ft, aim the camera straight down, AF click on center of screen, let focus settle in, switch to MF to lock it in place, lift the camera and fly the rest of the mission.

All should be in focus that way and it will really help with night footage too.
2017-1-6
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

fans3d2c0c91 Posted at 2017-1-6 08:56
KNOWING that now, this is what I intend to do....

Lift off to 40ft, aim the camera straight down, AF click on center of screen, let focus settle in, switch to MF to lock it in place, lift the camera and fly the rest of the mission.

I thought of doing the exact same thing, but I just haven't had the time to really try it out :-)
2017-1-6
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

fans724e4845 Posted at 2016-12-7 07:30
how many videos do you want?
Everyone is having the same problem, go fly one and you will see for yourself how bad it is.

He's got to be kidding.... {:4_154:}
2017-1-6
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

ctopysf Posted at 2016-12-7 10:18
If you want an example go look at literally any of the first batch of reviews on YouTube.

Even just having the Mavic retain whatever focus level it was last set to when it is powered on would be great. Why would I ever want to focus a couple feet in front of me?

One of the first users of mavic, even before it was launched, posted a video out of focus wich have more than 6 millions of views... At 10:23 you can see the out of focus footage, if you want to skip the bull##**

2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules