Phantom 4 Pro: iOS App Crashing
1737 14 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skywalker91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 796289 ft
United States

In the 3 flights I’ve had with the P2P from 12/3 - 12/5, I’ve lost the video link on my Apple 7 plus 3 times. It froze and the screen turned to grayscale, except for the map.

Restarting the DJI Go4 App in flight didn’t fix it.

I had to land and restart the Phantom to get the video linked back to the App. Other than the App locking up, I still had control of the drone.  

Has anyone had this issue?  I have the latest firmware and iOS.

Considering I have to restart the Phantom to get the App to link, I'm wondering if this is an issue with the drone's video link.

2016-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

I think first you should delete go 4 and reinstall, see if this changes it, this is the first thing dji mods will tell you to do, maybe this will work, if not it's one thing out of the way.
2016-12-6
Use props
skywalker91
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-6 14:39
I think first you should delete go 4 and reinstall, see if this changes it, this is the first thing dji mods will tell you to do, maybe this will work, if not it's one thing out of the way.

Thanks, I'll try that.  It's odd that I have to land and restart the drone to get it to work again.
2016-12-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skywalker91 Posted at 2016-12-6 19:45
Thanks, I'll try that.  It's odd that I have to land and restart the drone to get it to work again.

Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would try manually relinking the RC by performing the following;

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

(I've assumed it's same as P4 remote for reset/relink).
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just to clarify, it happened regularly or random? for example, how long and what's the distance it flies when the APP turns to grayscale?
Would you please post a screenshot here?
Do you have another mobile device to have a try if problem persists after you tried the methods mentioned above.
2016-12-7
Use props
skywalker91
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-7 04:54
Just to clarify, it happened regularly or random? for example, how long and what's the distance it flies when the APP turns to grayscale?
Would you please post a screenshot here?
Do you have another mobile device to have a try if problem persists after you tried the methods mentioned above.

Actually, the app doesn't really freeze because I can view the map.  It's just the video view and flight info that I lose.

The first time it happened, I flew successfully for 7 minutes at a maximum distance of 1094ft, landed, shut everything off for a few minutes and then went back up for 3 minutes until it froze at 560ft, alt 364. I brought it back, shut it off and back on and flew fine for the next 7 minutes at a maximum distance of 760 ft.

The second day:
First battery, I went up for 1 minute, 279ft and it froze.  I brought it back, shut drone off and back on. I flew around 250ft with no issues for 14 minutes.

Second battery, I I went up for 2 minutes before it froze at 68ft.  I haven't had a chance to go up again.

I'll see if I can get a screen shot the next time it happens.

Note:  If I restart the app after it freezes, it has no video view until the drone restarts.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

skywalker91 Posted at 2016-12-8 02:15
Actually, the app doesn't really freeze because I can view the map.  It's just the video view and flight info that I lose.

The first time it happened, I flew successfully for 7 minutes at a maximum distance of 1094ft, landed, shut everything off for a few minutes and then went back up for 3 minutes until it froze at 560ft, alt 364. I brought it back, shut it off and back on and flew fine for the next 7 minutes at a maximum distance of 760 ft.

Thank you so much for the details, please try another mobile device with DJI GO 4 and check the performance.
You could also change another USB cable, and enable "Hardware decoding", turn off background programs on your iPhone.
2016-12-8
Use props
skywalker91
lvl.2
United States

I changed the USB cable and, of course, did the the latest update.

It was a little different on this flight. The app only lost connection for a short time after attempting to take a picture:

I went up and shot a few videos with no problem.  When I took pictures, the following occurred and no pictures were saved.

Just before taking a picture things are normal:

Just after pressing the shutter button, the screen turns to greyscale.

Then it loses vidio link "No Image Transmission Signal" and no picture is saved

Then it goes back to normal.

Video here:

I use this iPhone with a Phantom 3 Advanced all the time.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

skywalker91 Posted at 2016-12-11 09:29
I changed the USB cable and, of course, did the the latest update.

It was a little different on this flight. The app only lost connection for a short time after attempting to take a picture:

You used the original SD card coming together with aircraft, right?
Have you tried to format it or try another SD card.
It maybe need to be sent in for evaluation since there is no image transmission after trying to take pictures, and no pictures are saved.
2016-12-10
Use props
skywalker91
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 01:25
It maybe need to be sent in for evaluation since there is no image transmission after trying to take pictures, and no pictures are saved.

I use a much faster Patriot EP 32 gig card.  It's the same card I've used in my P3A for a long time.  I always format it before use. What's odd is, all the videos work just fine.

2016-12-11
Use props
skywalker91
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 01:25

Can you tell me how to send it in and about how long I will be without it?
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

skywalker91 Posted at 2016-12-12 03:51
Can you tell me how to send it in and about how long I will be without it?

Generally speaking, it will take around 2 weeks for the process.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-12-11
Use props
skywalker91
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 23:18
Generally speaking, it will take around 2 weeks for the process.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to  and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:

Thanks, I created one last night.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

skywalker91 Posted at 2016-12-12 23:27
Thanks, I created one last night.

OK, our support will guide you to send it in, please feel free to let us know for any further questions.
2016-12-12
Use props
skywalker91
lvl.2
United States

I wasn't going to post this, but I got such a kick out of it.  I sent in the Drone, Controller with the micro SD card to be looked at for the issue on this thread.  They sent a new Drone and Controller, but didn't include the SD card. I let DJI know and they created 'another case' to send the micro SD card. Three weeks later, I got this.  It doesn't look much like a micro SD card.

IMG_1864.JPG
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules