Mavic overheating and no fan running?
19217 49 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_5Mcw1DdyTZtt
lvl.1
United States

DJI PUBLIC SERVICE ANOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE FAN NOT WORKING.

So good news, i just discovered the solution to the porblem of the fans not working on mavic pro.  So i crashed my mavic pro last weekened and my fan stopped working. today i took my mavic apart and discoveres that the fence that the fan sits behind is made of some sort of flexible aluminum that bends easily and was bent inward slightly which was slightly  touching the fan impeding its movement. This is enough to completely stop the fan from operating all thogether.

All you have to do is take your finger and press the aluminum fence outward to bend it away from the fan slightly and your fan will operate again.

I learned the hard way i had already bought a new fan and installed it and was wondering why even the new fan wasnt working. Its amazing how the slightest touch can stop these fans from operating.
2018-7-4
Use props
djiuser_5Mcw1DdyTZtt
lvl.1
United States

So good news, i just discovered the solution to the porblem of the fans not working on mavic pro.  So i crashed my mavic pro last weekened and my fan stopped working. today i took my mavic apart and discoveres that the fence that the fan sits behind is made of some sort of flexible aluminum that bends easily and was bent inward slightly which was slightly  touching the fan impeding its movement. This is enough to completely stop the fan from operating all thogether.

All you have to do is take your finger and press the aluminum fence outward to bend it away from the fan slightly and your fan will operate again.

I learned the hard way i had already bought a new fan and installed it and was wondering why even the new fan wasnt working. Its amazing how the slightest touch can stop these fans from operating.
2018-7-4
Use props
djiuser_5Mcw1DdyTZtt
lvl.1
United States

Dereleke Posted at 2017-6-9 20:03
So went from latest version down to first. Then first to second. then second back to first. Then first now back to the latest version with no downgrade or upgrade able to fix the issue. This all started only when I went from the last version to this latest version just today. Before that EVERYTHING was perfect and no fan issues. All of a sudden i try an upgrade and my month old machine is overheating and I'm supposed to believe it wasn't from a firmware bug?

2018-7-4
Use props
djiuser_5Mcw1DdyTZtt
lvl.1
United States

Dereleke Posted at 2017-6-9 20:03
So went from latest version down to first. Then first to second. then second back to first. Then first now back to the latest version with no downgrade or upgrade able to fix the issue. This all started only when I went from the last version to this latest version just today. Before that EVERYTHING was perfect and no fan issues. All of a sudden i try an upgrade and my month old machine is overheating and I'm supposed to believe it wasn't from a firmware bug?

2018-7-4
Use props
djiuser_5Mcw1DdyTZtt
lvl.1
United States

2018-7-4
Use props
djiuser_5Mcw1DdyTZtt
lvl.1
United States

Also i just repaired my gimbal Ribbon cable. and its working again. Guess i will have to cancel that repair order with DJI since i fixed my drone myself. HAHAHAHAHAAA!!
2018-7-5
Use props
Hanger18
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121079 ft
United States

djiuser_5Mcw1DdyTZtt Posted at 2018-7-4 13:22
[view_image]

Registered just to say thank you. I had a run in recently with a tree and noticed after that my fan wasnt kicking on. I found a paper clip laying around and hooked it into the screen in front of the fan and simply pulled it away from the fan. BOOM WE HAVE A WORKING FAN AGAIN!!!

Thanks for the tip
2018-9-4
Use props
Gleave
New
Flight distance : 6529 ft
United States

I know this is an old thread but hopefully this helps someone at this point in time.  If you run the Mavic and the fan hasn't turned on in a minute or two, one thing that I've noticed is that after a crash is the grill right behind the camera that keeps debris from entering the main housing compartment may be obstructing the fan motor.  If you remove the top cover, locate the 4 Phillips head screws holding the power port down, remove those 4.  Remove the 2 top ribbon connections, unplug power to the gimbal and pull the power/ fan assembly back a bit.  I took a screw driver and pressed against the middle of that grill to get it away from the fan motor.  Test to make sure the fan spins freely while this is undone....if it doesn't then the fan motor is probably damaged.  If it does fit the power assembly back into place and check the fan again, if there is resistance then you need to bend the grill more outwards towards the camera.  Be careful not to over do it or break the grill.
2019-12-22
Use props
bimmer32
lvl.1
United States

Two years later, and the tip from Gleave is spot on. You remove the top of the drone (search youtube for mavic fan removal), but you do not have to remove the gimbal board. Disconnect the 2 ribbons and the power to the gimbal. Once you remove the 2/3 mini philip screws to remove the battery connector board (peel back the plastic cover), remove 4 more phillip screws that hold the fan/housing to the body of the drone. You may have to move aside the black middle cable that runs over the fan housing. Then you can pull and peel back the fan housing module and straighten the metal grille either with your fingers or a flat plastic driver.

The warped grille is what cause the fan not to turn; thus the drone will overheat. Thanks, Gleave, for the good discovery. I suspect that upon a crash impact, the plastic bounced back to its shape, but the metal grille does not. The metal grille should sit flush with the plastic grille.
2021-8-5
Use props
djiuser_W4THXgym9DVi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36322 ft
United States

Mine gives me the processor chip overheat as soon as I turn it on. Won’t let me take off of course, sometimes a lite tap on top gets the fan going, but until the fan turns I can’t fly. Extremely frustrating when it takes 15-20 minutes to get it going and by then the shots you’re after are gone. It’s a colossal waste of $700.
2021-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules