Drone Direct delay until march :(
4146 79 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Our small local dealer (the only one within over 100 miles) was recently told by his distributor (one of the largest in the USA) that he would not receive any until after the first of the year.  I can't imagine how difficult it must be to release such a sought after product and try to keep up with the initial orders.  The factory has to really be humping to get the number out that they have already.  I know for a fact that they ARE shipping.
2016-12-20
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-12-21 08:59
Our small local dealer (the only one within over 100 miles) was recently told by his distributor (one of the largest in the USA) that he would not receive any until after the first of the year.  I can't imagine how difficult it must be to release such a sought after product and try to keep up with the initial orders.  The factory has to really be humping to get the number out that they have already.  I know for a fact that they ARE shipping.

I was surprised yesterday when i was looking for some Mavic accessories in EBAY.
There are so many drones one hand to be sold and many appear to be from "Suppliers" of couse they are cashing in on the escarcity and instead of delivering it to the pre order clients they are doing a quick buck by selling them for an increased price.

Disgusting.
2016-12-21
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

stratosHD Posted at 2016-12-22 01:17
I was surprised yesterday when i was looking for some Mavic accessories in EBAY.
There are so many drones one hand to be sold and many appear to be from "Suppliers" of couse they are cashing in on the escarcity and instead of delivering it to the pre order clients they are doing a quick buck by selling them for an increased price.

Short sighted behaviour from them as customers will lose faith in dealers and buy direct in future.
2016-12-21
Use props
DasMigz
New
United States

Fry's Electronics baited me last week saying the estimated delivery date was the 29th when I ordered it but now its not until January 17th... I don't know if I should wait, my hopes were up for the delivery next week. Shady business on their end to get clientele.
2016-12-21
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-20 02:48
I'm sure they will be dealt with.

Hey. I hate to repeat myself but as posted in the " service" forum:

" I just would like to notify that the party selling this stuff for 4000+ euro on 2nd hand sites (Netherlands) is djieu.com. They sure look like a genuine DJI site so not good for your name?! As soon the bid is highest the ad goes into " reserved " and the high bids are removed (last bid was 4.500 euro's). To repeat: this is DJI!!! Shame"

This really makes me angry.

Note that "Vee" is not the one it's sold to. There were bids on top of it up to Eur 4.500, all removed after it went into "reserved".
djieu.jpg
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2016-12-20 10:35
Pure speculation, but if a given dealer initially ordered a large number of drones and was receiving some fraction of that a week, it could be several months before that initial order was completed, like, say, March.

That is correct, but as their initial order would have been in September I would hope their first order would be fulfilled way before March.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MacIak Posted at 2016-12-22 00:50
Hey. I hate to repeat myself but as posted in the " service" forum:

" I just would like to notify that the party selling this stuff for 4000+ euro on 2nd hand sites (Netherlands) is djieu.com. They sure look like a genuine DJI site so not good for your name?! As soon the bid is highest the ad goes into " reserved " and the high bids are removed (last bid was 4.500 euro's). To repeat: this is DJI!!! Shame"

This is not DJI direct, it's a reseller.
2016-12-22
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-20 03:16
I'm sorry your Mavic has not shipped yet. DJI is in full production and orders are shipping daily.

Seems like "full production" is a loose term. I recenly got an email from the dealer I ordered from, apologizing for the delay. Here is one parragraph from the email they sent me:

"Our shipment of Mavic Pro units has again been delayed.  This time, we are being told that DJI is still not at full production and cannot fulfill all of the orders they have received as they initially expected.  Our order will not likely ship until late January at the earliest."

So, DJO has tole them that "DJI is still not at full production", yet you say they are... DJI keeps claiming that "high order volume" is to blame, yet after months, they have not fulfilled all the pre-orders to customers or re-sellers.

My best guess is that DJI has decided that they are not going to have their company be all about the Mavic, as they have P4p and Inspire 2 manufacturing to worry about as well. Plus, they make a number of other products. DJI is not just about ONE product. I understand that completely. What I don't understand is why they cannot be more transparent, and keep customers and dealers informed about what is really going on. It's frustrating to all, and is making many people salty about DJI. I am not sure what "many" means here, but I am guessing it's 10's of thousands of customers.

Perhaps DJI is doing the best it can do with manufacturing and order fulfillment, but when it comes to communication, it seems like they just don't care about anything but money.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-12-22 09:17
Seems like "full production" is a loose term. I recenly got an email from the dealer I ordered from, apologizing for the delay. Here is one parragraph from the email they sent me:

"Our shipment of Mavic Pro units has again been delayed.  This time, we are being told that DJI is still not at full production and cannot fulfill all of the orders they have received as they initially expected.  Our order will not likely ship until late January at the earliest."

DJI is in full swing with production of the Mavic, just as they are with the P4P, I2, and others.
2016-12-22
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 16:28
DJI is in full swing with production of the Mavic, just as they are with the P4P, I2, and others.

sorry Ken but its your word against what many dealers and distributors are getting fed back from their channels. Unless you can back up your statement with some kind of DJI announcement then im afraid its purely wish-washy hearsay, against more than one source being told the opposite.
2016-12-22
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-22 09:05
sorry Ken but its your word against what many dealers and distributors are getting fed back from their channels. Unless you can back up your statement with some kind of DJI announcement then im afraid its purely wish-washy hearsay, against more than one source being told the opposite.

It's just as much hearsay as what you're hearing from third-parties...  A lot of third-parties are saying a lot of different things.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-22 10:05

You are free to believe whatever you want to, DJI has a massive amount of factory workers working full swing on many products, including the Mavic.
2016-12-22
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 16:43
This is not DJI direct, it's a reseller.

I know! They pretend to be under the dji flag though and sell via the site for normal prices and in the mean time run a huge-profit business off their site. So many sales channels do this. Other thrustworthy hobby shops don't get mavics at all.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MacIak Posted at 2016-12-22 11:02
I know! They pretend to be under the dji flag though and sell via the site for normal prices and in the mean time run a huge-profit business off their site. So many sales channels do this. Other thrustworthy hobby shops don't get mavics at all.

Ya, I don't know exactly what's going on so I won't speculate on that.
2016-12-22
Use props
look_alive
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 11:36
You are free to believe whatever you want to, DJI has a massive amount of factory workers working full swing on many products, including the Mavic.

In one breath, you say DJI is working at full capacity. In the next breath, you say you have no numbers and don't know anything about production.

So, which is it?  If you have no idea how many Mavics are being made, how do you also know they are producing at capacity.  You can't continue to say both with any real credibility.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

look_alive Posted at 2016-12-22 11:44
In one breath, you say DJI is working at full capacity. In the next breath, you say you have no numbers and don't know anything about production.

So, which is it?  If you have no idea how many Mavics are being made, how do you also know they are producing at capacity.  You can't continue to say both with any real credibility.

DJI is producing in full swing, as far as numbers that is not public information.
2016-12-22
Use props
czkidd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 991 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 12:51
DJI is producing in full swing, as far as numbers that is not public information.

You should stop fanning the Mavic fire.  
2016-12-22
Use props
gburns53
lvl.1
United States

Frys.com says shipping Jan 17th on new sales. They are US but I'd think with a phonecall and shipping charge they'd mail it to the UK.
2016-12-22
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

Schwavic Posted at 2016-12-22 17:27
It's just as much hearsay as what you're hearing from third-parties...  A lot of third-parties are saying a lot of different things.

yet several UK distributors are saying EXACTLY the same thing, they cant all be telling porkies. I'd rather choose to believe multiple sources than DJI who have been far from honest so far
2016-12-23
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 17:14
I've also found dealers selling Mavics on Ebay for 2-3 times the value. I don't know if they are taking peoples pre-orders and doing this or they never had a pre-order from the start.
I'm not saying your dealer is doing this, there are some dealers out there doing it and it's been reported.

Drones Direct in Huddersfield claim to be the No.1 supplier in the UK, I ordered mine back in October and was told I was number 179 out of the first 250 to arrive. I spoke to a representative this morning who apologised and said they have had none! I find this really strange when Maplins & Jessops seem to have been receiving them. If Drones Direct have been selling them over the counter or on EBay, surely this is a breach of contract to those who paid in full. Is there any way of finding out how many they have received? Thanks
2016-12-23
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-23 11:00
Drones Direct in Huddersfield claim to be the No.1 supplier in the UK, I ordered mine back in October and was told I was number 179 out of the first 250 to arrive. I spoke to a representative this morning who apologised and said they have had none! I find this really strange when Maplins & Jessops seem to have been receiving them. If Drones Direct have been selling them over the counter or on EBay, surely this is a breach of contract to those who paid in full. Is there any way of finding out how many they have received? Thanks

I ordered from drones direct i was number 26 out of 250 and i still havent received it
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-23 19:00

There's no way for me to check, all I can do is forward links to corporate that are listed on Ebay and others that say they are authorized users and selling for a huge markup.
2016-12-23
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-23 15:26
There's no way for me to check, all I can do is forward links to corporate that are listed on Ebay and others that say they are authorized users and selling for a huge markup.

Many thanks for your reply Ken, looking at the previous reply it may be they haven't had their allocation yet!
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-24 01:59
Many thanks for your reply Ken, looking at the previous reply it may be they haven't had their allocation yet!

That could be it indeed, sorry you haven't received it yet.
2016-12-23
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

nelsfly16 Posted at 2016-12-23 14:29
I ordered from drones direct i was number 26 out of 250 and i still havent received it

It really does stink! Maplins, Jessops and London Camera Centre have all been selling them since November but the 'alleged' biggest distributor hasn't even received 26! smacks of either profiteering or poor distribution by DJI. Would be interesting if anyone has managed to purchase one from Drones Direct.
2016-12-23
Use props
Shadowspawne
lvl.1

United States

Yea, I do feel your pain. I am just glad that I ordered mine directly from DJI, and it is on the way as of today.
2016-12-24
Use props
Siriusdave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 896818 ft
United Kingdom

Drone Direct still have no word from dji when they are getting any, feed up as they are sending them out from they website 7-10 days now but not sending to third parties for fill the pre-orders, what was the point of this pre-order ,should of just waited until now and ordered!!
2017-1-9
Use props
MickRennie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Jessops are no better tbh. I ordered my flymore combo on the 2nd Nov and they still cannot tell me when it will be available.
2017-1-9
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MickRennie Posted at 2017-1-9 06:03
Jessops are no better tbh. I ordered my flymore combo on the 2nd Nov and they still cannot tell me when it will be available.

Camera Centre in the UK have limited stock - but is taking advantage of the situation and has increased Fly-More bundle price to GBP 1499,- vs the 1359,- DJI price.

http://www.cameracentreuk.com/dj ... o-4510-577-6355.php

2017-1-9
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

But what about the big UK sellers Ken?

Amazon and Very.co.uk aren't selling on ebay for very inflated sums and some of us have been and still are waiting since the end of Oct!!!!!!

Maddening Ken, maddening.  
2017-1-9
Use props
Mavrick
lvl.2
Jamaica

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-20 02:03
you're just trying to hide the issue behind this absurd idea that dealers are crooks. I have to say its a shocking thing for a DJI employee to write on an official DJI forum. You know very well that dealers are the ones out there on the frontline promoting DJI products, and this is how you treat them? Shocking Ken!

If I, or one of my employees spoke about one of our dealer network in a public way like that, it would cause war (not literally, but it would be very uncomfortable for several employees)

I also think some of the dealers are crooks.  As a matter of fact I know it is true.  I think you should give Ken a break because the evidence is all over eBay.

These guys are large eBay sellers and they have factory boxes full of batteries when no one else has any.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Mavi ... :g:BGgAAOSwA3dYXJQC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-ne ... :g:~-cAAOSwImRYTwyF

This guy has been selling drones for weeks at a super inflated price.  As he notes in the auction, he has plenty of stock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Mavi ... :g:n-4AAOSw9GhYY8Dm

These people are store fronts on eBay that are being used to sell product that should have gone to preorder customers.
2017-1-9
Use props
Siriusdave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 896818 ft
United Kingdom

all them ebay link are usa sellers not uk ones
2017-1-9
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3963 ft
United Kingdom

Drones Direct were terrible for me. Their website said that it was in stock prior to the new year. I ordered and paid and selected a delivery date and everything. They then emailed me a couple of days later to say that it wasn't in stock but they could offer me something else. I'll never 'buy' from them ever again.  For anyone with them, just cancel and go to DJI direct.
2017-1-9
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'd like to hear from anyone who ordered from a major UK distributor, not DJI, who ordered prior to price increase and had had their unit delivered.
2017-1-9
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-20 02:03
you're just trying to hide the issue behind this absurd idea that dealers are crooks. I have to say its a shocking thing for a DJI employee to write on an official DJI forum. You know very well that dealers are the ones out there on the frontline promoting DJI products, and this is how you treat them? Shocking Ken!

If I, or one of my employees spoke about one of our dealer network in a public way like that, it would cause war (not literally, but it would be very uncomfortable for several employees)

I have to agree with this somewhat.

As a new member of the forum, I find that I've come across a lot of comments from DJI Ken that read as coming from a personal, private individual, with completely unneccessary emotion and offence often taken.

I think this yet another failure of DJI and not a personal attack.

As a 46 year old father of two [with a Princess Leia avatar], I think a certain level of immaturity is at play.

Now, why do i feel I'll not get any future assistance, if I ever get my Mavic Pro?
2017-1-9
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

willhay555 Posted at 2017-1-9 10:24
I have to agree with this somewhat.

As a new member of the forum, I find that I've come across a lot of comments from DJI Ken that read as coming from a personal, private individual, with completely unneccessary emotion and offence often taken.

I ordered with Digi Broadcast on Nov 18th - when their website said shipping end of November.

Now they have stopped answering emails and phone calls on the "Web" shop support. I'm glad I "only" did a GBP 99,- deposit. So now I'm trying to cancel but can't even get through to them at all. Their website says available January.

But right now I don't care - I'll get a Mavic Pro when one is available at normal prices. It is too bloody cold to be outside anyway. And if I wait prices might drop - and hardware revisions will go up - hopefully giving me better quality product.

As an Electronics Engineer - I was actually more nervous about getting one in the peak of production increase and then see it fly away on its own due to some "unforeseen" error.

So now we are probably at PCB gen 2 or gen 3 - with multitudes of things fixed - and once production is at normal levels where QC can keep up we can hope for great quality out of the box.
2017-1-9
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

kazcow Posted at 2017-1-9 11:27
I ordered with Digi Broadcast on Nov 18th - when their website said shipping end of November.

Now they have stopped answering emails and phone calls on the "Web" shop support. I'm glad I "only" did a GBP 99,- deposit. So now I'm trying to cancel but can't even get through to them at all. Their website says available January.

then they will sell it as "mavic 2" and we'll have to wait months again, and so the endless cycle begins
2017-1-10
Use props
fans24540619
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104882 ft
United Kingdom

My wife ordered my Mavic bundle on the 2nd Dec 16 as my surprise birthday/Xmas present, the day before the £100 price hike so was feeling chuffed but now after being told that it will now be March. The order status page on the 3rd Feb 17 stated that they have taken payment and will be sending shortly then followed that up by another email today (2nd March) saying it will now be  sometime in March 17?
2017-3-2
Use props
fans24540619
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104882 ft
United Kingdom

To add that the order my wife made is with DronesDirect! We will be contacting them to cancel and hope we can stop the Finance agreement?
2017-3-2
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3963 ft
United Kingdom

It's good seeing this old thread again. Apple UK must be making a mint selling their stock of Mavics on eBay as they must have been doing this for 4-5 months now. UK is still getting stiffed!
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules