Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

JegerLars Posted at 2017-1-14 04:43
So did 3 VPS calibrations, one IMU calibration and one stick calibration. Went for a test flight today. Excellent weather, sunlight, midday. VPS should be thriving.
Hovers 50 meters above ground (height registers correctly), bird tells me I have 0,0-0,5 to maybe 1-2 meters (ground) clearance - and the value flickers, as if the sensors are all jittery. Appropriately, whenever I tried to descend, the craft would start autolanding, because naturally, it believes it is just above ground.

I've had VPS issues as discussed by everyone on here and my problems go away when I use litchi, for others litchi doesn't help. I'm going to wait for the next firmware update to see if DJI fixes the VPS issue. I suggest others do the same because these mavics have plenty of warranty left if they need to be sent in for repair.
2017-1-14
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

As a fellow Norwegian id say document the vps error and rma. You know you have the legal system on your side here.
I just got my mavic the 1. and guess what i havent even flown it yet. Just checked out all the sensors and started the motors to see that it was all good.
Il be taking that thing to the top of a building for vps checks beefore i take it to the air.
2017-1-14
Use props
fanse43dde0e
New

Belgium

Exactly same problem Here, please DJI give us a solution !
2017-1-14
Use props
JegerLars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3773 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Mrimstad Posted at 2017-1-14 06:56
As a fellow Norwegian id say document the vps error and rma. You know you have the legal system on your side here.
I just got my mavic the 1. and guess what i havent even flown it yet. Just checked out all the sensors and started the motors to see that it was all good.
Il be taking that thing to the top of a building for vps checks beefore i take it to the air.

Well, I bought the drone directly from DJIs online store - not trough some Norwegian importer (like Apples Norwegian branch etc), unsure if Norwegian consumer laws apply in that case. Would be awesome if it did though!
2017-1-14
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I'm not sure if it has been asked (I skimmed the replies and didn't see it) but has everyone checked their downward sensors (both the sonic and the visual) to ensure the clear plastic shipping stickers have been removed and that they are clean?  It is obvious that the sensors are registering something below the drone.  When it senses something too close to the bottom of the drone, it will climb to get away from it.  If there is a sticker or dirt on the sensors, it will register that as an obstacle and climb.  Just a thought.

Edit:  From the looks of the other thread, it appears there is much more to this issue than just a dirty sensor.  Hopefully DJI will get an update to fix it soon.

2017-1-14
Use props
JegerLars
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-1-14 07:52
I'm not sure if it has been asked (I skimmed the replies and didn't see it) but has everyone checked their downward sensors (both the sonic and the visual) to ensure the clear plastic shipping stickers have been removed and that they are clean?  It is obvious that the sensors are registering something below the drone.  When it senses something too close to the bottom of the drone, it will climb to get away from it.  If there is a sticker or dirt on the sensors, it will register that as an obstacle and climb.  Just a thought.

Yeah youre right Gary, but no dirt or stickers present here, or as far as I can tell among the many other users with this problem.
2017-1-14
Use props
JegerLars
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Took another flight today, the VPS error occured and craft was climbing to the moon on its own. Though I got it down ok by disabling the VPS.

Have a look:
2017-1-15
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue with my mavic force landing at 400ft when trying to descend. So I sent my Mavic in for RMA and just received notice that repairs have been completed and will be shipping back to me within 3 business days. On the repair ticket it shows that the Flight Controller ESC Board had to be replaced. For those with similar issues I suggest sending in your mavic for RMA since it looks like there is a hardware issue and can't be resolved with a firmware update.
2017-1-16
Use props
Rexreal
New
Flight distance : 20886 ft
United States

My Mavic was force landing yesterday and hit on a tree and the gimbal was damaged. I purchased a warranty for the brand new Mavic but I did know that I need to active the warranty, so my Mavic is still covered by the warranty? anyone knows the cause of the force landing? I'll appreciate it much if anyone can be help with... thanks again!
2017-5-20
Use props
raul.flaga
lvl.1

Philippines

To everyone....

Please be informed that pulling the left throttle down the aircraft will force land and if you hold it long enough it will hard land. Once the aircraft is not on flight the left throttle will shut down all of the motors. It is not advisable to hold down the left stick to its full capacity.

Hope above is clear.

Cheers
2017-9-7
Use props
raul.flaga
lvl.1

Philippines

fans707604b2 Posted at 2017-1-1 11:16
Calibrating the VPS sensors didn't make any difference for me, and the mavic still tried to land whenever the left stick was pushed down.  The main symptom that shows up on the controller is the ground clearance value is completely wrong.  I notice that initially when ascending after take off, the clearance is shown incrementing up as expected.  Eventually though when the craft gets to about 20m, it suddenly starts registering ~0.1m.  At this point, whenever any attempt to descend is registered on the controller, the mavic overrides because it thinks it is in close proximity to the ground and starts to auto land.

Using RTH also triggers this issue for me.  After starting a RTH, the mavic returns to it's starting location, and then I see a message on the controller saying that altitude is below 0.5m and confirm that I want to continue landing.  When this message is displayed, the craft is 30m in the air, altitude is shown as 30m, but clearance is showing 0.1m.

To everyone....

Please be informed that pulling the left throttle down the aircraft will force land and if you hold it long enough it will hard land. Once the aircraft is not on flight the left throttle will shut down all of the motors. It is not advisable to hold down the left stick to its full capacity.

Hope above is clear.

Cheers
2017-9-7
Use props
djiuser_KFJ3ZIPPdigz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102621 ft
Australia

I lost my mavic pro very recently too. I have been flying many times with 20% battery before and have no issue. This time, it forced land by itself. I pressed stop many times and it fails to cancel landing. At the end, I have to find a bush and crash land. I cannot retrieve my aircraft too. Completely panic and depressed experience. Contact DJI and they insisted it was misoperation. But how could the user cannot full control of the aircraft even the battery low. It was 20% and I have plenty of time to come home. If it forces land on highway I would have caused catastrophic disaster by causing accident or kill someone. Please anyone, reconsider if you want to buy DJI products again. I have two other friends, playing quickshot mode and fail to stop too. Again DJI push the responsibility to user. Everything is user fault. Scam company!
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules