3423 44 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-1-2 17:43
Yea they 'may' have tested it, but perhaps didn't record the results accurately.  These DJI drones are sketchy.  I've got 2 of their newest drones, too.  They're both not trustworthy enough to be over people or expensive things (in a controlled situation of course).

The DJI GO app is the weakest link.  EXAMPLE:  It has shown KPH not matter what setting you've got in there FOR YEARS.  Watch old YouTube videos & you'll see the speed indicated incorrectly.  It's like this on the P4P+ with built-in display too.  No matter HOW MANY TIMES it is mentioned here or emailed to DJI, it doesn't get fixed.

Speaking of that i noticed that the mph on the rc and the mph displayed on the app are different. Which is the real speed?! Perhaps another bug for dji to look into. ive put a lot of confidence into dji drones. I dont really fly in the winter so i havent flown enough to notice any problems but i agree reading this forum and seeing all the problems is definitley scary and my confidence of the drone has gone down.
2017-1-2
Use props
fansf9336f42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 965187 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Hi mate, best thing thing to do is put it back in the box and sell it! No matter what you do it at some point will crash on its own with no fault of yours and then you will be in the same place as I was gutted and all that hassle  believe me it will happen and Dji will not help you what ever you read on here. Regards Geoff
2017-1-3
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-1-2 21:12
Speaking of that i noticed that the mph on the rc and the mph displayed on the app are different. Which is the real speed?! Perhaps another bug for dji to look into. ive put a lot of confidence into dji drones. I dont really fly in the winter so i havent flown enough to notice any problems but i agree reading this forum and seeing all the problems is definitley scary and my confidence of the drone has gone down.

R/C speed is accurate (Mavic).  So the correct telemetry data is there, but the DJI GO app refuses to get THAT BUG crushed.
2017-1-3
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

fansf9336f42 Posted at 2017-1-3 01:48
Hi mate, best thing thing to do is put it back in the box and sell it! No matter what you do it at some point will crash on its own with no fault of yours and then you will be in the same place as I was gutted and all that hassle  believe me it will happen and Dji will not help you what ever you read on here. Regards Geoff

Yep, that's why I (and many others) have gotten damage/theft insurance.  It'll stink to have to file a lousy $1000 claim, but better than trying to deal with DJI After-Sales.
2017-1-3
Use props
Adversecamber
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Update:

Well I have now completed three initial flights and I have to say the drone performed flawlessly.  Everything worked exactly as it should.  The drone was steady, predictable and very stable.  My 12 yr old daughter even flew it really well.

I need to concentrate more on the image side, as some of the videos and stills were not right.  Some recordings though are stunning which is a surprise as I did not really give much thought to that side.

I can see from postings on here that some people obviously have had issues, but aside from one problem (that turned out to be my own mistake) everything has gone very well and I could not be happier.
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules