New Mavic order through Apple
5540 51 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

Wooo! Great news. Me too It changed from processing to shipped. Hopefully by Friday from what FedEx says.

IMG_9303.PNG
2017-2-1
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

I ordered with Apple (Netherlands) on 16 January. That was when the delivery time said 3-4 months. My order is still being processed, and says I can pick it up from the Store on 11 May. Really hope it to be a lot sooner though. Especially since 1 week later shipping changed to 8-10 weeks (early April for pick up at the Store). My order still says that it's available at 11 May. But I'm hoping/guessing they haven't bothered changing that because they don't have it yet, and perhaps they don't know when they'll have it. So better a safe far away date than constantly changing dates which get my hopes up for no reason at all.
I choose to go for a pickup at the Store, rather than a delivery at my home (with a chance nobody is there to receive it).
2017-2-1
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

Yea. I'd they stick to the trend you might get within 4-5 weeks.
2017-2-1
Use props
Blank
lvl.1
United States

So, to summarize, it looks like orders from 2016 are shipping. No one with a 2017 order through Apple has shipped yet from the data I've seen.
2017-2-4
Use props
Blank
lvl.1
United States

The Apple Store store now says "sold out" and no longer purchase... anyone know what that means? Is apple ending their relationship with DJI? I wonder what will happen to pending orders.
2017-2-6
Use props
Will.H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You can still order it with Apple in the U.K, so I'd say not. Surely it'd be a blanket rule if they ended their contract?
2017-2-6
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Netherlands

In the Netherlands it's also still available with a delivery in 8-10 weeks.
I checked the UK and US Apple online stores, and in the UK it's the same as the Netherlands. US is indeed stated as "sold out". Strange. Perhaps in Europe there are fewer pre-orders with Apple, or more expected stock. I don't know.
2017-2-7
Use props
Blank
lvl.1
United States

Will.H Posted at 2017-2-6 23:08
You can still order it with Apple in the U.K, so I'd say not. Surely it'd be a blanket rule if they ended their contract?

True, you are still able to order Phantom drones.
I suspect that the delivery date got pushed out so far that they decided to stop taking any more orders until DJI can deliver.
2017-2-7
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Netherlands

And now they also seem sold out in the UK and Netherlands. So it's either too many undelivered orders, or something else. We'll have to wait and see.
2017-2-7
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3963 ft
United Kingdom

Just been on chat with Apple UK. They have stopped taking further orders as they cannot give anyone that orders now an indicative timescale. I wonder if DJI fully understand that they need channel partners to be successful beyond the current bubble that they're in. I am not convinced that DJI are giving their partners, and extremely influential and trusted partners the support that they need. DJIs market penetration capabilities will not be optimised without them.

In addition, people are already guessing that a Mavic 2 or a revision of the current generation could be in the works which would make perfect sense given the speed of change in this field. People may start backing off from the Mavic and waiting to gen2. Personally, I have moved my stance from I would love to get a Mavic quickly to a viewpoint of do I really need it now and should I just wait for gen2.
2017-2-7
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Netherlands

I too have been on the chat. There's no need to worry about orders that have already been done. It's just waiting time for those who haven't got it yet.
2017-2-7
Use props
Blank
lvl.1
United States

GREAT NEWS! Mine has shipped from Apple. Looks like DJI is shipping stock again to some 3rd parties.

Ordered: 1/12/17
Expected Ship Date: 3/14-3/27

Actual Ship Date: 2/23/17

2017-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules