*Introducing the Osmo - Zenmuse M1*
10049 55 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

fans715169aa Posted at 2017-1-16 16:11
I'll ask it again - will it hold a Pixel XL?

It may be too thick for the Mobile. The specs are on our FAQ and note that it holds devices up to 8.4mm thick. The Pixel XL is 8.6mm thick.
2017-1-17
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Yayyy! Thanks DJI. Exactly the extension I've been waiting for.
2017-1-17
Use props
fansce470143
lvl.1

Canada

I highly discourage anyone from buying this. I did and when it arrived the holder lock knob got stuck, then striped before I could even put it on the device and balance it. Needless to say, since it's stuck in a fully open position I now have a $200CAD paper weight. I emailed support but my hopes aren't very high as the last time I had an issue with my order I didn't get a response for 3 weeks and while the time frame for returns is 7 days from receipt, it took 30 days to deliver. Looking forward to seeing if DJI stands by their products or not.
2017-2-17
Use props
fansa5782349
New

United States

With original DJI Osmo, I am able to place camera on tripod and control camera movement via a tablet (or phone).  Is there a way to remotely control movement of the Zenmuse M1 (camera/phone) from a secondary tablet (or phone)?
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

fansa5782349 Posted at 2017-3-23 13:56
With original DJI Osmo, I am able to place camera on tripod and control camera movement via a tablet (or phone).  Is there a way to remotely control movement of the Zenmuse M1 (camera/phone) from a secondary tablet (or phone)?

Currently, no. The only connection from device to Osmo is from the device mounted to it. Interesting idea, though!
2017-3-23
Use props
fansa5782349
New

United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-23 13:59
Currently, no. The only connection from device to Osmo is from the device mounted to it. Interesting idea, though!

ahh.  that's too bad.  But thanks for the speedy response!
2017-3-23
Use props
tee33thomas06
New
United States

I have pixel xl and with it inserted the way DJI suggest it grips the volume down button on the Pixel XL. So I would say thats a NO. I am trying to slide the phone slightly left now to see if that will make it work but I have yet to get my set up working and going.
2017-6-20
Use props
tee33thomas06
New
United States

I am haing trouble getting my Zenmuse M1  to wok with my stand alone grip and Z axis pro any help?
2017-6-20
Use props
tee33thomas06
New
United States

Razer_73 Posted at 2017-1-4 23:41
I would like to know about the Z-Axis too. This does make sense as a potential upgrade path. Buy the handle on its own and this to use with your smartphone and then you can add a camera at a later date if you so wish unlike the mobile where you cant remove the mount. Its something im now considering but it looks expensive as neither of the two parts come in good bundles. Will there be a bundle like this offering better value?

I did this and was able to get Z-axis pro/raw working with the Osmo Zenmuse M1  and handle after some trial and error I updated the Zenmuse M1 with the grip alone then after that completed I added the Z-axis in the loop and presto it works.
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

The Pixel XL is not a compatible device. Here are some devices you should consider:

iOS Version v3.1.23.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhoneX.
Android Version v3.1.23.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with VIVO X9, OPPO R9 Plus, Huawei MATE S, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P8, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, MI mix 2, MI 6, MI5, Oneplus 3T.
2018-2-12
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Ordered the OSMO+ knowing that if i wanted to use the gimbal with my device, that i could just purchase this accessory.  Wouldn't of been able to do that if i had just purchased the Osmo Mobile version.  I'll order the Zenmuse M1 once i get my new OSMO+ and see if there is a need for it.
2018-2-12
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

giggidditygiggi Posted at 2017-1-10 13:05
I actually made this and simply hold the mobile handle in reverse with a the phone acting as the viewer.  Not to bad since it's just a gimbal without the app.  My first version resembles those wider cam-mount with a counter-weight on the other end in front of the phone-sensor.  

This slim down version works, but interestingly the counterweight (WIP) will be mounted where you loosen the phone mount now that it is front weighted.

This would work with the GoPro too
2018-2-12
Use props
fansaf26b13a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought one and it worked fine with my IPhone 6+ and my new IPhone X ....... until last night I went to power up and nothing, changed battery, charged battery to 100% nothing. I put my Osmo+ camera back on perfect....... the Zen,use crapped out in less than a week....... contacted DJI sc today and a ticket was created to send back.........  now just waiting for the rma ticket info and shipping tag........  Beware....... !  It just won’t power up....... I hope they replace it........ I spent $159 on the M1 ...... I hope it isn’t a paperweight
2018-2-12
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

i just ordered the M1 after getting my Osmo+ last week.  The nice thing is i can you the mobile or the X3 interchangeable.
2018-2-20
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

Ordered one on Monday, Feb 19th and received it today Feb 21st.  This is amazing service 3 days from order to reception.  Off to FedEx to pick it up and can't wait to try it
2018-2-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks great!         
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now