5181 21 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

When my tablet (Android 4.4.x) is connected to the transmitter I notice the following error.

"remote controller battery error"

Does anyone have any idea what this is about?

2015-2-15
Use props
pauldean85.goog
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I made a thread about having the same issues a few days ago - someone mentioned that this was a bug - and the more I see other people reporting this problem, that's what I think it is too.

I'm inclined to agree that it is a bug since the problem only appears when my tablet is connected, my phone (also Android) does not cause the same issue.

Just to check, are you able to charge the remote normally and are you able to fly your Inspire normally too?

I've raised a ticket with DJI about it - I'll update my thread if I get a reply about it
2015-2-16
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Good to know, I hope they fix it.
Yes I can charge normally and the craft flies.

What version of the firmware for the remote ate you running.  I am at 1.4
2015-2-16
Use props
jallen
New

United States

I just started getting the same message on 2/16/15.  I originally was using the software on a Samsung Galaxy Tablet and all was fine. Then on 2/15/15 I downloaded the App to my iphone 6 to putz with the Flight Simulator and all was still ok (on the iphone), then when I switched over to the Samsung on 2/16 I started geting the error (remote controller battery error).....
2015-2-16
Use props
christian
lvl.2

Germany

Same here. Got this message today, but everything worked fine after switching off/on again.
2015-2-16
Use props
jallen
New

United States

For me it appears I only get the error message when I don't have the camera connected on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet.  When I connect the camera the error message goes away.  When using my Iphone 6 there are no problems, camera connected or not.....  Sounds like a software fix is needed....
2015-2-16
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

today I noticed it again, I was also flying with no camera.  I am glad everyone is experiencing the same only because it means our equipment is not broken and we just need a software fix.

I too hope that the tablets aren't pulling current from the controller for the purpose of trying to charge its battery.
2015-2-16
Use props
ct2gnh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23927 ft
Portugal

Hi,

Just got that error in my dji phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 !
After that error Dji phanton comes to the ground, two motors keep working but bloqued in the ground, i run to the drone, but the motors went so hot that they damage the plastic body of the drone and now i have the drone with the two motors with the propellers touching the drone body... also motors as they have hot a lot, they dont look ok....
There is no security protection in the motors if you stop one with your hand it can burn all the drone plastic with motor temperature !
My drone has only one week and its damage ! I spent 1400euros and im waiting for DJI to give me a solution with a new plastic body for my drone and two new motors.
2015-2-21
Use props
DBDagger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2783205 ft
United States

Greetings Inspire 1 Group,

I'm also getting the "Remote Control Battery Error" message as of 2/22/15 this was only me second time out with the Inspire 1. All updates are current as they appear on DJI's website. I tool off, flew to about 15' up and away the Inspire 1 went into auto land mode at that point, my controller anounced "Landing" the device landed itself safely and I was able to shut down the motors, however the craft was out over a 3' deep snow field and the snow drift was slightly inclinded, it came to rest on top of the semi packed snow and sunk down slighlt, the camera was also touching the snow, luckily only the bottom. However if it had been water the device would have been ruined. So a word of extreme caution to all going forward, none of us can be sure how our craft will behave once it senses the  "Remote Control Battery Error"

This has been tested using the following android device all updated; Samsung Galaxy S5 & S4, Samsung S-8.4, Nexus 10

Remote Battery Issue

Remote Battery Issue
2015-2-23
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

I sent a ticket in and DJI told me to send the remote back for repair if I got this error?? . . . . they didn't ask any other questions regarding wether the camera was connected or otherwise . . .
2015-2-24
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

that's bs..
2015-2-24
Use props
vincentgossuin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29318 ft
Luxembourg

Hello

I made an update of my android device version 1.0.7 and 1.2.0.17
I see that I have still the same message after installing!
Can you give a solution ??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkv6u3 ... 227_202817.mp4?dl=0
thank you

2015-3-2
Use props
gwestfield
New

United States

I'm getting the same error.  I called DJI about the issue, they told me to return the remote as soon as possible.
2015-3-11
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

gwestfield Posted at 2015-3-12 15:28
I'm getting the same error.  I called DJI about the issue, they told me to return the remote as soon ...

Could the RC work? I guess not.
If it works normally no need to care about this alarm.
I know 4 cases in which users reinstall the gimble then it solved. So I thought it might be a false positive, a known app bug will be optimized soon.
2015-3-12
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Guys - This appears (in the android version) and only when flying without a camera attached.

It's a know bug and will be address in the next firmware release.
2015-3-12
Use props
gzaftig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1144761 ft
United States

This start with me right after i did the update, Everything works but this message only comes up after i start the Inspire unit. It also flickers, it isnt constantly there.
2015-3-13
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

It will be fixed!!!!!!!!....... Ignore it and fly!
2015-3-13
Use props
gzaftig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1144761 ft
United States

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-3-14 07:15
It will be fixed!!!!!!!!....... Ignore it and fly!

Well I've had to for a client, but i did notice it went away after i attached the camera like you said, Still makes me nervous tho.
2015-3-13
Use props
gwestfield
New

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-12 16:38
Could the RC work? I guess not.
If it works normally no need to care about this alarm.
I know 4 cas ...

How do I reinstall the gimble?
2015-3-14
Use props
DBDagger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2783205 ft
United States

pauldean85.goog Posted at 2015-2-16 19:05
I made a thread about having the same issues a few days ago - someone mentioned that this was a bug  ...

I too have experienced this issue several times. I now have 5 extra batteries and only one is still showing this issue, after I recently put the WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin file back on the micro SD and went through each battery carefully as I monitored the pilot app info. I noticed that each of the batteries went through a quick process during startup initialization where the red triangle flashed briefly then cleared itself and all was normal except one of the 5 which repeatedly caused the warning. Although the one battery that repeatedly did work normally right after I did the other 5 batteries. But now that one battery is doing it again and the others are not, so go figure. I would also like to point out that this must be buggy. The error message says "Remote Control Battery" the issue doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Remote Controller battery (which I have never seen and resides inside the remote) wow I can hardly wait for the next firmware update, hopefully putting this issue to rest once and for all the roller coast ride of being on the cutting edge. At least in New England it's been so damn cold and windy I pray that these initial bugs are ironed out when the weather beaks as it soon will.
2015-3-15
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

I had this problem when I first got my Inspire. Went away after I updated the firmware. Today I updated the firmware to the latest release (Inspire and controller) and the error is back.

Also, the option to enter travel mode from the Pilot app seems to be missing. What is going on?
2015-4-22
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I noticed the error comes back when the camera in not attached.
- I see the options for travel mode ect
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules