1234Next >
12096 131 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Trekpete Posted at 2017-1-16 15:18
What happens if the update fails halfway through. Is the old firmware still installed and safe to fly with?  Tried twice tonight to update and one failed at 20% and second at 68%.

What mobile device you're using to upgrade it?
Have you tried to delete the APP, re-install it and upgrade again?
Also you can try a different mobile device to connect it, please make sure the internet is great and do not exist APP during upgrading!
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansf274e658 Posted at 2017-1-16 13:13
The thing is it worked before the update and was solid.. Its a lg g4
And never ever had problems with it then after the update it started to happen.
Said today even loosing connection flashing at about half the distant I got before.

Would you please upload a small video showing the lag issue? I'll report it to our engineers.
What is the distance it flew when signal lost? you mean the RC signal lost or image transmission signal?
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

taurus35 Posted at 2017-1-16 13:35
Update went perfectly for drone, RC & first battery. However, upon inserting my spare battery I got no update notification or any indication that the second battery was getting its update. Is there a way to force the update for this battery or check if any update has happened to it?

If the battery needs to be updated, you will get an notification on APP when you put the battery into aircraft and get everything connected.
2017-1-17
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-17 01:59
If the battery needs to be updated, you will get an notification on APP when you put the battery into aircraft and get everything connected.

Got any advice upgrading a new battery's  firmware when using an older version of the app? I never stray from 2.9.1 I ordered a new battery from the DJI online store when they were on sale for $104 and hope there's no problem when it arrives.
2017-1-17
Use props
DaveH_au
lvl.2

Australia

The Flying Wasp Posted at 2017-1-16 15:08
Hey Dave,

Noob question here......did you calibrate the IMU?

Hi Flying Wasp, Yes I did the IMU calibration first.. The only thing I did not do was at least check the controller calibration. That was the problem and I had to do the calibration twice and reboot before it actually worked ok.
I just wanted everyone to check it after an upgrade as there is nowhere in the Phantom docs that tells you to at least check after an upgrade
Dave
2017-1-17
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53465 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-17 01:53
Would you please upload a small video showing the lag issue? I'll report it to our engineers.
What is the distance it flew when signal lost? you mean the RC signal lost or image transmission signal?

Its more about the loosing connection then anything...
And Im not gonna try to replicate it again I cannot do not have the time for it.
Next time I will try to take the video but where I am at its too cold now and snowing.
Its more about the connection flashing from good to poor and then saying it on your screen .
2017-1-17
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-17 01:59

Okay, thanks Natalia. I assumed if there was a firmware update that it would always include the aircraft, RC & battery. Good to know I don't have an issue.
2017-1-17
Use props
Trekpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1059787 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-17 01:46
What mobile device you're using to upgrade it?
Have you tried to delete the APP, re-install it and upgrade again?
Also you can try a different mobile device to connect it, please make sure the internet is great and do not exist APP during upgrading!

Using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Will try again at a later date as I had a flight today and it was fine. If it fails again I will try a re-install. Thanks
2017-1-17
Use props
rustytree
New

United States

Just upgraded firmware to 1.8.10. Now get "RC signal lost" after powering everything up. Using iphone 6splus. Deleted and re dwnloaded dji go ap
2017-1-17
Use props
Skynet 1997
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28914 ft
United States

Skynet 1997 Posted at 2017-1-14 10:24
Deleted app & re-installed. No option given to install update. Left everything connected with the loud beeping for 45 minutes and no luck. Shut everything down. App v3.1.2 Firmware v1.7.9
Side note, I also tried to do update using iPhone 6 but also showed no option to update.

I was finally able to download the firmware update again and installed successfully. So far looks good. Just waiting for better weather to do a test flight. Not sure if this made a difference or not but instead of doing a quick format (on my computer) on the SD card I unchecked the quick format option and let it run, just takes longer. The option to update did not appear right of way but after a few minutes it popped up on the screen. The aircraft made the loud beeping for about 15 minutes and then went into it's normal procedure when doing updates. Took about another 15 minutes to finish.
2017-1-18
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
United States

Skynet 1997 Posted at 2017-1-18 07:55
I was finally able to download the firmware update again and installed successfully. So far looks good. Just waiting for better weather to do a test flight. Not sure if this made a difference or not but instead of doing a quick format (on my computer) on the SD card I unchecked the quick format option and let it run, just takes longer. The option to update did not appear right of way but after a few minutes it popped up on the screen. The aircraft made the loud beeping for about 15 minutes and then went into it's normal procedure when doing updates. Took about another 15 minutes to finish.

Was your mobile device connected to the internet when the upgrade prompt appeared?
2017-1-18
Use props
Skynet 1997
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28914 ft
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-18 09:16
Was your mobile device connected to the internet when the upgrade prompt appeared?

No, I was connected to the controller via wifi when I got the notice. I then switched to my home wifi so I could download the update. When download was completed on switched back to the controller wifi to do the install.
Hope this helps...
2017-1-18
Use props
CaptainKaboom
New

United States

Something hit me on the Upgrade problem I had that I wanted to share a thought on - as this is the 2nd time it has happened
2017-1-18
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skynet 1997 Posted at 2017-1-12 04:59
My update failed at 40% and now just get a loud annoying beep. Reformatted SD card no help.
When upgrade failed it told me to try again but app does not give option to upgrade now.

HI,

My experience with e MINI2 I could never update. When I use IPhone6S+  it updates fast with no HICK UPS.
2017-1-18
Use props
rustytree
New

United States

rustytree Posted at 2017-1-17 16:52
Just upgraded firmware to 1.8.10. Now get "RC signal lost" after powering everything up. Using iphone 6splus. Deleted and re dwnloaded dji go ap

Fix by re-link
2017-1-18
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
United States

That's just one of the things that must be done after upgrading.

IMU, gimbal, compass and remote stick calibrations should be done before you resume flying.  
2017-1-18
Use props
OregonDude
lvl.1
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-18 12:02
That's just one of the things that must be done after upgrading.

IMU, gimbal, compass and remote stick calibrations should be done before you resume flying.

Betamace, is there any particular order these should be done in?
I am thinking:
1. Re-bind transmitter to aircraft receiver
2. IMU
3. Compass
4. Gimbal
5. Transmitter sticks
2017-1-18
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Did the upgrade last night.

It paused at 44% for quite some time then resumed. It again paused at 99% for quite a while before completing. Was watching but let it continue unless it gave any error messages. After reading comments here I thought it was going to stop at both those points but it seems to have taken. Now to do the rest of the calibrations and take it for a fly.
2017-1-18
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
United States

OregonDude Posted at 2017-1-18 13:05
I am thinking:

You have the correct order, but do the compass calibration outdoors away from anything metal or electical.....including the remote.
2017-1-18
Use props
DronesBeCrazy
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-15 23:41
Please delete the DJI GO APP, re-install it, then connect the iPhone to remote, turn on aircraft, upgrade it again. You must make sure the internet is great and do not exist the APP during upgrading!

Thanks. sorry for the delay I have been traveling. Restarted the update using my ipad mini and everything worked fine. Hoping to get out to the wide open this weekend and calibrate everything and try the first flight. after the firmware failed I could not turn on the P3S without constant loud beeping and it was driving my dogs crazy. I assumed it would not link up to controller but I was wrong.  so it Beeped and squawked loudly alone in the bedroom while it updated and it seems fine.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DronesBeCrazy Posted at 2017-1-18 19:07
Thanks. sorry for the delay I have been traveling. Restarted the update using my ipad mini and everything worked fine. Hoping to get out to the wide open this weekend and calibrate everything and try the first flight. after the firmware failed I could not turn on the P3S without constant loud beeping and it was driving my dogs crazy. I assumed it would not link up to controller but I was wrong.  so it Beeped and squawked loudly alone in the bedroom while it updated and it seems fine.

Glad to hear it's working fine now, hope you will fly it soon and enjoy the performance!
2017-1-19
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

OregonDude Posted at 2017-1-18 13:05
I am thinking:

I pretty much do it in the same order, however I don't do the compass until next time I am out for a flight after the update, too many things to cause interference in my spare room where I do the updates (same room as wifi router).
2017-1-19
Use props
~G~
lvl.2
United States

For those of you stuck at 40% during the upgrade (and again at 99%), this is normal.  The upgrade can take up to 1/2 hour.  Mine stuck at 40% for approximately 5 minutes and then continued.  It stuck again at 99% for a while and then finished.  This is the same thing that has happened on 2 previous upgrades.  The beeping may change during the upgrade as well.  Don't rush it.  If you do not get a 'upgrade failed' message, chances are it is still upgrading.  Give it time to finish.
2017-1-19
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-1-19 05:43
I pretty much do it in the same order, however I don't do the compass until next time I am out for a flight after the update, too many things to cause interference in my spare room where I do the updates (same room as wifi router).

I fixed it by adding detail in post #98.

I forgot about the time when I was still new and did an indoor compass calibration. I later had to struggle with a 30 foot diameter 5 mph toilet bowl 3 minutes into a first flight before I managed to land my brand new X380 in one piece.  
2017-1-19
Use props
fanse65d5c72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61030 ft
United States

Same here P3S drone shakes bad after doing the update DJI says send it back for repair now
2017-1-19
Use props
Shrek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61316 ft
United Kingdom

After doing this update 1.8.1 i keep on getting "Strong interference detected" in 2 locations which I never had a warning before on 1.7.9

Speaking to Facebook Support they advised it shouldn't be happening - Drone was 100 ft high and 100ft away from Home point in an open field

taking the advice from DJI technical support to downgrade the firmware to V1.7.9 , DJI provided instructions for me to perform this on my Standard

The Gimbal lights didn't flash per the instructions and from talking to Earth on LIve Chat this AM the drone didn't do a rollback , DJI have requested i sent the Drone back for analysis/repair , its been sent back this afternoon
2017-1-19
Use props
leonardo.sb
lvl.1

Portugal

So far so good. I've updated and made a couple of flights with new firmware. But nothing special (open fields). I only got a warning for strong interference other night but was a nice and smooth flight. P3S with Samsung Galaxy S7
2017-1-19
Use props
fans14d90a4a
New

United Kingdom

DaveH_au Posted at 2017-1-12 02:28
Hi, I have only had my P3S since Christmas. The only issues were it reported "Unknown Version", It would not tell me there were updates available even though once it did say version 1.2.40.
It could not advise the flight control serial number.
Once I got past beginner mode it would not go very far without having connection issues so as long as I stayed close I could still fly.

Im still having this issue, in fact from day one at christmas, my drone would take off with the app but the motors wouldnt start by inverting the sticks. So manual is out of the question. Pulling down makes it go up and vice versa. When i touch the sticks to go left it does but if i pull max it judders and doesnt know where to go. Really getting no help with this
2017-1-19
Use props
fanse65d5c72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61030 ft
United States

Same here poor video down link and the whole drone shakes bad vibration from the motor cutting in and out  
2017-1-19
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

I just did this update with a fresh out of the box refurb. It did fail at 40% on the first attempt but completed successfully on the 2nd try. I haven't flown yet and don't have any phantom flight experience to compare it to but so far so good. Updating the firmware and getting things set up were much easier for a newbie than I had anticipated. The sim works well.
2017-1-19
Use props
DaveH_au
lvl.2

Australia

fans14d90a4a Posted at 2017-1-19 09:15
Im still having this issue, in fact from day one at christmas, my drone would take off with the app but the motors wouldnt start by inverting the sticks. So manual is out of the question. Pulling down makes it go up and vice versa. When i touch the sticks to go left it does but if i pull max it judders and doesnt know where to go. Really getting no help with this

Hi, If you read my first post I found the problem was I needed to calibrate the remote control sticks.
If you go into remote controller settings then remote controller calibration. Move your sticks slowly from centre position to max in each direction and you will see the indicator strip and the numbers change from 0% to 100%. If the slider for a different direction flashes you will see your problem.
Just hit calibrate and move one direction at a time from centre to max about 5 or six times steady & slow.
Go through each direction for each stick.
Hope I explained it clear enough.
Regards
Dave
2017-1-20
Use props
leonardo.sb
lvl.1

Portugal

i need to make another opinion here.

trying to fly today. near beach (flat surface, not sand) and a bit of wind (nothing special, about 15 / 20 kmph)

I've flew before with this kind of wind and was pretty much stable, but today was like a drunk bird hehe

I'll try tomorrow in another location to see if need to downgrade.

DJI could fix this last patch to a newer and better one right? just a thought

Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Strange .... on 1.7.09 - if the AC went into RTH ... it stayed in RTH unless I cancelled it. It was steady and reliable RTH.

Today after update to 1.8.10 and recalibration - when it kicked into RTH - it kept dropping in and out of RTH and alternating LOST SIGNAL ... I was extremely worried that she was not going to come back. In the end I gave up with auto RTH and fought her back manually.

FW 1.8.10
Go App 3.1.2
Android Nexus 7 vers 2

I am now re-calibrating everything and the dog !!

Nigel
2017-1-20
Use props
The Flying Wasp
lvl.1

United States

DaveH_au Posted at 2017-1-17 02:25
Hi Flying Wasp, Yes I did the IMU calibration first.. The only thing I did not do was at least check the controller calibration. That was the problem and I had to do the calibration twice and reboot before it actually worked ok.
I just wanted everyone to check it after an upgrade as there is nowhere in the Phantom docs that tells you to at least check after an upgrade
Dave

Hey Dave,

After spending over 2 hours on the phone with DJI support we spent all our time relinking the remote to control & video.  The next update try failed while the one after that had success.  Drone flew and filmed great so far.  I need to cal. those sticks still tho.

Steve
2017-1-20
Use props
SebastianR
New
Switzerland

I have the problem now that the whole copter is shaking, and the video is completely unstable (video unusable). Does anybody else experience this?
2017-1-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Today - I had good to 1100m and then intermittent out to 1500m ... I got to about 1800m and it caved in and RTH'd.

Today there was none of the shenanigans of yesterday ... when RTH kicked in it was stable but with a quirk that caught me out initially ... it asks if you want Old position or Current position. Well initially I assumed current position to be where it was ... 1800m away !!!! Its just bad wording - it should say Latest Home position !!

Anyway today was much better than yesterday ... and yes I recalibrated.

Maps were crap Here and no Google in sight.

Video will be uploaded.

Nigel
2017-1-21
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Finally a dry day, got to fly for the first time since upgrade. Carried out compass calibration (all others done at home after upgrade), no issues. Did a 15 min flight, furthest distance 150m, flying in a wooded area, again no issues. Later flew out to 431m @ 107m height when Go app started to report low signal intermittently, carried on to over 700m before I initiated a return leg back to me. No RTH initiated by Go app. Never been out to 700m before. Standard Ae, no windsurfer, CE equipment.
2017-1-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

As promised ... todays flight

Nigel
2017-1-21
Use props
pjhudson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4820 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-21 10:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibS-RciTrhQ

As promised ... todays flight

The new Go app introduced so much lag on mine too, never had lag issues, now it's almost un-useable.
2017-1-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I'm not allowed to post my real opinion of the latest - its unprintable.

Time for DJI to start really looking at the problems and stop cobbling patches together.

But of course the Standard is the LAST of the P3 ... so for how long will it be ? I reckon soon it will be dropped from production .... so we better sort out best combinations of FW and Go .... OURSELVES !!

Wonder how long before a 3rd party market gets in the act of supplying better FW etc. for the no longer supported P3 ?? Its a popular model ....

Nigel
2017-1-21
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules