4901 52 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alaska42
First Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, nice filming. Love the gimbal work.
2017-1-22
Use props
ma_koch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70121 ft
Germany

induster Posted at 2017-1-18 09:39
Your movie is INCREDIBLE. No words for how beautiful Iceland is. Will you be my personal tour guide?! Amazing job thanks!

Thanks mate! I've been there the first time so there's so much more to explore up there! I literally fell in love with that country, so I guess I'll have to fly there again soon. Just be aware: going to dinner is freaking expensive in Iceland, so if you're traveling on a budget airbnb / camping and cooking is the best option!

Cheers
2017-1-24
Use props
ma_koch
lvl.2
Germany

dnorm Posted at 2017-1-20 09:54
this is fantastic...what camera settings did you use and how did you ensure continual focus and nail the exposure settings?  What tools did you use for post production (edit/grading)?
lack of tap exposure set on the mavic and contantly worrying about focus (after having some captured blurry footage this is soemthing you constantly worry about.

Thanks mate! I recorded in 2.7k & 30 fps with different picture styles as I was just trying to find the best option. While filming / flying I tried to have the subject / scenery in a similar distance to ensure focus. Sometimes that worked good, sometimes it didn't turn out as I've hoped. As I said this were my first real flights with the mavic so I'm still learning! Same goes for the exposure settings - the Mavic's auto exposure did a good job but I've also looked at the histogram just to be sure.The whole editing / grading was done in Premier Pro (3way color corrector, fast color corrector & contrast).

Capturing footage just to find out it's blurry afterwards is the worst though..

Cheers
2017-1-24
Use props
ma_koch
lvl.2
Germany

jsflysrc Posted at 2017-1-21 09:08
Awesome video.   How cold was it when you recorded the glacier?

Thanks! It was about -5 °C so not too cold. But I've just recently flew the Mavic in -15° and it was performing good!
2017-1-24
Use props
ma_koch
lvl.2
Germany

trickn0l0gy Posted at 2017-1-21 11:25
Great video! What did you use to do the tracked title and what tool / how did you do the grading? Thank you for sharing.

Thanks - I've done the tracking within After Effects. For grading I used Premier Pro and just applied a basic grading (3way color corrector, fast color corrector and contrast)

Cheers
2017-1-24
Use props
ma_koch
lvl.2
Germany

As a lot of you guys had questions on color grading - this is what I started with:

Hope this helps
Cheers
2017-1-24
Use props
Mavic SE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115207 ft
Sweden

WOW! I want to go to Iceland and I want to buy a Mavic. NOW!
2017-1-24
Use props
ClancyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296053 ft
United States

Great Shots!
2017-1-24
Use props
fansb566c884
New

United States

hehe I recognize this song! music bed? ;)
2017-1-27
Use props
Ejder Bingül
lvl.2
Turkey

Great footage, which programme did you use for video editing?
2017-1-27
Use props
sabrianle
New

United States

well, i love these photos. it reminds me of some days on my first trip to Janpan.
at that time, i forgot my camera at home, so i took some pictures by phone, of course i was so satisfied with them but i still had some beautiful pictures, actually.
p/s: i use an app called toolwiz photo pro editors. you can consult it as good app for editing photos.
google play: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ows.photo&hl=en
or download apk file: http://choilieng.com/apk-on-pc/com.btows.photo.apk
2017-2-16
Use props
FlyingFish82
First Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shots! Iceland is incredible, thanks for sharing your experience!
2017-2-17
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome colors, great flying!
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now