Shipping For 3rd Party Dealer Orders Apple, Amazon, Droneworld, etc.
123Next >
4630 92 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtalluto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73734 ft
United States

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-13 15:48
Ah thats frustrating! Hopefully pick up doesn't change again.

[img]Good news! I received a text from Best Buy around 7:30 PST to come pick up my Mavic. My son and I went to the elusive snipe we call a Mavic Pro. Turns out it was all for real. The text stating it would not be ready until Wednesday was false.

I have it in my possession. I have her updated and ready to fly. Tomorrow morning after breakfast will be her maiden voyage. Ordering through Best Buy worked out well for me. Hope those that are waiting get your bird soon.

bestbuy

bestbuy

pick up

pick up
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

mtalluto Posted at 2017-1-13 22:26
Good news! I received a text from Best Buy around 7:30 PST to come pick up my Mavic. My son and I went to the elusive snipe we call a Mavic Pro. Turns out it was all for real. The text stating it would not be ready until Wednesday was false.

I have it in my possession. I have her updated and ready to fly. Tomorrow morning after breakfast will be her maiden voyage. Ordering through Best Buy worked out well for me. Hope those that are waiting get your bird soon.

Wahoo! enjoy that sucker and hopefully the rest of us get em soon!
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Just messaged DJI via twitter and this is the response I got from them regarding apple orders.
Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 11.38.34 PM.png
2017-1-13
Use props
Bpup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
Norway

Ordered my Mavic 03. October from Dustinhome here in Norway.
I contacted them a couple of days ago, and they know nothing about delivery

If it were not for my 280$ discount on my combo, i would have canceled and ordered from DJI direct.
2017-1-14
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Bpup Posted at 2017-1-14 02:00
Ordered my Mavic 03. October from Dustinhome here in Norway.
I contacted them a couple of days ago, and they know nothing about delivery

Its pretty ridiculous that they didn't send out orders to people who didn't order directly from them.  I saw this morning on their site that they changed the wording to shipping with in one week, but only from THEIR store.
2017-1-14
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-13 22:44
Just messaged DJI via twitter and this is the response I got from them regarding apple orders.

hahaha. DJI will give any type of answer on social media. It's no wonder Trump won with his ridiculous tweets.. Ahemm! I believe when I see it.
2017-1-15
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

GravitonPhotogr Posted at 2017-1-15 19:09
hahaha. DJI will give any type of answer on social media. It's no wonder Trump won with his ridiculous tweets.. Ahemm! I believe when I see it.

at least when you confront them on social media they can't ignore you, or give you a bs answer!  sometimes thats the only way to get companies attention these days is to make it public for all to see.
2017-1-15
Use props
Ramos.works
lvl.1

United States

Haz Posted at 2017-1-13 12:49
Got my mavic just now from best buy and my extera battery from dji all withi  3 days .

Confirmed, I got mines from BB a day before promised. Hope you all get yours as well...
safe flying
2017-1-16
Use props
fran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74052 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ordered mine through Apple on the 29th November. Still showing processing order '' delivers 18th January to 31st January 2017
2017-1-16
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-13 09:52
damn thats disappointing!  It would be really nice if these dealers would get on dji to get them their orders! if i was one of these companies id be pretty upset, especially with this new faster shipping underway.

Not sure if this is the case worldwide but I was told that some 3rd party re sellers were being asked to pay up front for stock which might explain why some re sellers have had and are getting stock where other's don't.
2017-1-16
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-1-16 03:23
Not sure if this is the case worldwide but I was told that some 3rd party re sellers were being asked to pay up front for stock which might explain why some re sellers have had and are getting stock where other's don't.

Hmm never really thought of that! Did you hear that from dji?
2017-1-16
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

fran Posted at 2017-1-16 02:45
Ordered mine through Apple on the 29th November. Still showing processing order '' delivers 18th January to 31st January 2017

Hopefully that means you are getting yours this week! Keep me updated if you do in fact get it in the time frame they said.
2017-1-16
Use props
Heyandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

So today (Jan 16) I got posts from my credit card that Apple has charged for my Mavic and accessories.
Site still shows pending, but guessing this is a good sign as Apple in the past has been good to not charge before item is shipping.

Anyone else get charged today?
2017-1-16
Use props
chadburn 9
New

United States

I ordered a Mavic Pro through Amazon on Nov 30th.  Gotten message after message about it being delayed.  Last one stated that they expected it on March 20th....  I've tried working with DJI support and Amazon support with NO answers.  The information in this thread about the language changing in the 1/11 shipping announcement is especially disappointing as DJI Support last Friday told me NOT to cancel my Amazon order because the new shipping update (orders before Jan 5th being shipped on or before Jan 18th) applied to my order as well... I guess not?

This has truly been a frustrating experience.  How can it be that difficult to inform Amazon (arguably the largest retail outlet for DJI) of this shipping information - AND - I'll be extremely disappointed in DJI if they indeed are shipping to customers that purchased on their store before orders that were place with their other retail partners.

So far - not a fan of DJI.
2017-1-16
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

chadburn 9 Posted at 2017-1-16 10:51
I ordered a Mavic Pro through Amazon on Nov 30th.  Gotten message after message about it being delayed.  Last one stated that they expected it on March 20th....  I've tried working with DJI support and Amazon support with NO answers.  The information in this thread about the language changing in the 1/11 shipping announcement is especially disappointing as DJI Support last Friday told me NOT to cancel my Amazon order because the new shipping update (orders before Jan 5th being shipped on or before Jan 18th) applied to my order as well... I guess not?

This has truly been a frustrating experience.  How can it be that difficult to inform Amazon (arguably the largest retail outlet for DJI) of this shipping information - AND - I'll be extremely disappointed in DJI if they indeed are shipping to customers that purchased on their store before orders that were place with their other retail partners.

It seems to be the struggle of us who ordered from anywhere but dji.  Hoping they get out these orders before Chinese New Year or else we are all screwed.
2017-1-16
Use props
quadnoob
lvl.1
United States

Stopped by Helidirect to pickup parts for my fpv racer and asked if they had a mavic in stock, walked out with a fly more combo.

I was waiting on B&H and the on DJI months ago, cancelled both orders and to my surprise have a mavic in my hands.
2017-1-16
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

quadnoob Posted at 2017-1-16 11:30
Stopped by Helidirect to pickup parts for my fpv racer and asked if they had a mavic in stock, walked out with a fly more combo.

I was waiting on B&H and the on DJI months ago, cancelled both orders and to my surprise have a mavic in my hands.

Damn thats crazy! Did they say when they got their shipment from DJI? Could possibly give some insight to other dealer orders.
2017-1-16
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-16 07:48
Hmm never really thought of that! Did you hear that from dji?

One of the largest DJI re sellers in the UK - I think they said they had to commit to a certain amount and pay in advance. It might explain why some re sellers got stock and some didn't. Imagine if you ordered 500 units - that's aound 400K upfront & maybe some didn't have the cash flow at the right time.
2017-1-16
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5755 ft
United Kingdom

Ordered a Mavic Pro Ultimate Bundle from Drones Direct 1st November. I was also charged £1247 for it at the time.

DD said "we are unable to deliver it until approximately March 2017"

I can't find a single person online who has recieved a Mavic from DD. They have apparently recieved some but appear to be sitting on stock?

I asked what position in the queue I am currently and they refused to say!

I know DJI is only sending UK retailers such as Maplin a small percentage of what they ordered...Going by my other order queue position Maplin is currently getting something like only 10 mavic fly more combos per week.
2017-1-16
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-16 19:33
Ordered a Mavic Pro Ultimate Bundle from Drones Direct 1st November. I was also charged £1247 for it at the time.

DD said "we are unable to deliver it until approximately March 2017"

There's a couple of people on the main shipping thread that ordered from DD - apparently DD are meeting with DJI so it will be interesting to see what happens.............

I've not seen anyone get a single drone from DD yet
2017-1-17
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-1-17 13:49
There's a couple of people on the main shipping thread that ordered from DD - apparently DD are meeting with DJI so it will be interesting to see what happens.............

I've not seen anyone get a single drone from DD yet

Hi Chris

Yea I was the guy who said about the meeting ;) I've been ranting in a few threads... Fingers crossed we get some useful info!
2017-1-17
Use props
chadburn 9
New

United States

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-16 11:29
It seems to be the struggle of us who ordered from anywhere but dji.  Hoping they get out these orders before Chinese New Year or else we are all screwed.

I pulled off the band-aid.

I cancelled the Amazon order and ordered on the DJI site.  I guess I'll have to love the drone but hate the company.
2017-1-17
Use props
fans9e185b20
lvl.1
United States

Ordered from Apple few days ago. Estimate in mid March.
2017-1-17
Use props
fran
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-16 07:50
Hopefully that means you are getting yours this week! Keep me updated if you do in fact get it in the time frame they said.

Shipped today, will have it tomorrow
2017-1-18
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

fran Posted at 2017-1-18 15:04
Shipped today, will have it tomorrow

Awesome! Glad to hear apple is getting them in finally.  Did your order status for apple go from processing straight to shipped?
2017-1-18
Use props
sgtfury_11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151614 ft
United States

Ordered a package from Drone World December 3. Browsing through Newegg Marketplace on the 4th of January and see that they show in stock and will ship on the 13th so placed that order as well. By the 10th still had not heard from Drone World even after contacting them by email. Decided on the 11th to cancel the Drone World order. Has to contact again on the 12th to actually get the order canceled. My Mavic ordered from Newegg Marketplace (Which is actually DJI) shipped on the 12th and arrived on the 16th. And of course it's been raining and windy. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow.
2017-1-18
Use props
clinetime
lvl.1
United States

DID ANYONE RECIEVE THEIR DRONE? STILL WAITING FOR MINE.
2017-1-18
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

clinetime Posted at 2017-1-18 20:24
DID ANYONE RECIEVE THEIR DRONE? STILL WAITING FOR MINE.

nope still waiting
2017-1-18
Use props
clinetime
lvl.1
United States

I'm reading some article online and I seems DJI is prioritizing orders placed through them. The article also states Chinese New Years is coming and they expect production to stop for 2-3 weeks meaning production would resume in March. I just want my drone already!!!
2017-1-18
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United States

clinetime Posted at 2017-1-18 20:47
I'm reading some article online and I seems DJI is prioritizing orders placed through them. The article also states Chinese New Years is coming and they expect production to stop for 2-3 weeks meaning production would resume in March.  I just want my drone already!!!

Not true, i asked in other post and Mindy said they've got 3 days off for new year, so no impact expected http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=80748&page=2&mobile=2#pid653714
2017-1-18
Use props
fans61b37ad7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well my dealer said this evening, that my order for a Mavic Combo from Sept. 27th 2016 will not be shipped until March in the earliest and perhaps many moons after that, no promises. DJI according to the dealer, is not shipping to their dealers and only to the people who buy thru DJI directly.
So I am tomorrow going to cancel my order, get my money back, and give up entirely on the Mavic. I feel bad saying this, as the promise of the Mavic was so enticing. But by the time I might get one, the model will have changed again, and perhaps I'll wait for the next iteration whatever that will be. So thus ends the saga. I know when the next models are announced by DJI, I'll wait a month or two before I order, in case the same delays occur again. And the next models better serve breakfast in the morning, or I will be disappointed.
2017-1-18
Use props
Parman432
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19364 ft
United States

fans61b37ad7 Posted at 2017-1-18 21:43
Well my dealer said this evening, that my order for a Mavic Combo from Sept. 27th 2016 will not be shipped until March in the earliest and perhaps many moons after that, no promises. DJI according to the dealer, is not shipping to their dealers and only to the people who buy thru DJI directly.
So I am tomorrow going to cancel my order, get my money back, and give up entirely on the Mavic. I feel bad saying this, as the promise of the Mavic was so enticing. But by the time I might get one, the model will have changed again, and perhaps I'll wait for the next iteration whatever that will be. So thus ends the saga. I know when the next models are announced by DJI, I'll wait a month or two before I order, in case the same delays occur again. And the next models better serve breakfast in the morning, or I will be disappointed.

From aces deals
01/18/2017 6PM EST----latest update received today from DJI Direct to all Dist/Dealers

Hi Dealers
This is an update as of this morning on DJI Products.
DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Combo
Although production is releasing more and more crafts, DJI have announced that they are withholding all production to service their own clients on DJI.COM until the end of January 2017.
The end of January 2017 is Chinese New Year, where we can expect a 2 to 3 week break in production, so it does not look good for us. At this stage, Please warn your customers that the Stock of the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Combo is severely limited, but we hope that by March 2017 DJI get to the point where they have sufficient production.​

2017-1-18
Use props
fran
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-18 15:32
Awesome! Glad to hear apple is getting them in finally.  Did your order status for apple go from processing straight to shipped?

Went from Preparing to Dispatch to Shipped in  the same day.
2017-1-19
Use props
fran
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-18 15:32

Update- just received my Mavic from DHL.
Christmas  has just started now
2017-1-19
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Parman432 Posted at 2017-1-18 21:54
From aces deals
01/18/2017 6PM EST----latest update received today from DJI Direct to all Dist/Dealers

Response from head of buy it direct (Drones Direct) customer support:

"DJI will begin shipping again after Chinese New Year, which will be from Mid Feb, so we are unlikely to get any stock until March. We are hugely disappointed with the situation but we will continue to treat our customers fairly by ensuring a very strict queuing system to fulfil orders. Unfortunately I am unable to confirm your position in the queue but I do promise that your order will be fulfilled in strict order of date and time the order was placed. I’m really sorry that I can’t be more specific."

Great..
2017-1-19
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Brela Posted at 2017-1-19 11:00
Response from head of buy it direct (Drones Direct) customer support:

"DJI will begin shipping again after Chinese New Year, which will be from Mid Feb, so we are unlikely to get any stock until March. We are hugely disappointed with the situation but we will continue to treat our customers fairly by ensuring a very strict queuing system to fulfil orders. Unfortunately I am unable to confirm your position in the queue but I do promise that your order will be fulfilled in strict order of date and time the order was placed. I’m really sorry that I can’t be more specific."

I'd cancel and order direct. I wouldn't let them sit on my cash for another 6-8 weeks on principal. DJI store is still saying shipping in 7-10 working days. If you get one ordered now it might arrive before they shut down for Chinese NY
2017-1-19
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

fran Posted at 2017-1-19 07:24

Wahoo! You're the first successful order I've seen from Apple! Hopefully that means the rest around too.  What state are you in?
2017-1-19
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

fran Posted at 2017-1-19 07:24

Also did you have to sign for the package?
2017-1-19
Use props
fansbbecce62
New
United Kingdom

Ordered from Jessops Dec 28th, probably looking at delivery around March. My 1st impressions of DJI are far from positive.
2017-1-22
Use props
Pittnuma
New
United Kingdom

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-1-19 11:41
I'd cancel and order direct. I wouldn't let them sit on my cash for another 6-8 weeks on principal. DJI store is still saying shipping in 7-10 working days. If you get one ordered now it might arrive before they shut down for Chinese NY

I would not, that is exactly what DJI are looking for people to stop ordering from retailers and only go direct, then the prices go up...
2017-1-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules