"select return position" problem
5285 58 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Hey guys, I have posted here before, just letting you know I was able to retrieve my drone. Regardless it still seems to be an issue so it would definitely need to be escalated to their R&D.
2017-1-24
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

cristianc Posted at 2017-1-24 20:09
Hey guys, I have posted here before, just letting you know I was able to retrieve my drone. Regardless it still seems to be an issue so it would definitely need to be escalated to their R&D.

How was it?

Any/Much damage?
2017-1-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-1-23 16:11
I had a bit of a problem too. Not sure if it's related.

Have been flying in very open areas to get used to it and get some experience. So far no problems.

"Started to take off but this time it lifted off about 10cm and started to drift sideways."

hard to say but close to the ground is not a good place to be.
You are in turbulent backwash.
It's always good to get up and away from that dirty air.
Remember the ground is an obstacle too.
2017-1-24
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-1-24 20:30
How was it?

Any/Much damage?

Not a single scratch at all, it seems to have landed gracefully. I would consider myself very luck. It was 100 bucks AUD to get somebody to get it for me. (professionally)
2017-1-24
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

cristianc Posted at 2017-1-24 21:27
Not a single scratch at all, it seems to have landed gracefully. I would consider myself very luck. It was 100 bucks AUD to get somebody to get it for me. (professionally)

LOL.

I can't believe the amount of work I just put into to laying  out what I think happened only to find out it had already been done and that it's landed safely.

When you gave me the logs, why didn't you tell me this thread already existed? I am happy to help give me interpretation of things and I am new to the NTSB game but want to step up the game for my own benefit and to try and help others but you could have told me, as the person that linked me to this thread did, that it was already figured out.

I concur exactly with what was posted here.  My guess is that you were setting new homepoints and doing it at the bird without realizing it and thinking you were setting it at home. That's just my guess though unless the bird was just randomly setting HPs.  Who knows?
I should also say that I am quite happy for you that you got your bird back in and in healthy condition!

These crafts are quite resiliant. I think if I would have been able to get my bird while it was still in the tree, there would not have been much damage. Unfortunately, that was not that way it happened.
2017-1-25
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Australia

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-1-25 23:29
LOL.

I can't believe the amount of work I just put into to laying  out what I think happened only to find out it had already been done and that it's landed safely.

Hi there,

My sincere apologies, I had quite a lot of people trying to analyse my logs and lost track of it. At that stage I was trying sort of warn other about the issue and provide them with my logs hoping that it helps them in the future.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid663785
2017-1-26
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The RTH question is easily resolved along with all the other problems this latest Go app 3.1.2 has created ......

Roll back Go app to any earlier version. First if you have a middle road spec tablet / phone - then I suggest roll back to 2.9.1 or at latest 3.0.0 version.
if you have a low spec - then nothing later than 2.9.1 version.

This will give you : GOOGLE maps ... and at least reasonable video streaming and NO silly dialogue box asking what Home position you want !!

I am conducting extensive flight tests of Fw and Go app combos ... I have a thread on here about it ... but note I only use Android.
Please see :  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D395%26typeid%3D395

There's a lot of rubbish being posted on so many forums with this latest mess that it needed some work done to narrow down the reasons. So far my tests and others using what I have found has given reasonable and reliable flight results.

About time DJI got its act together and joined the party ... instead of ignoring. DJI has far more resources to sort this than I do ...

Nigel
2017-1-26
Use props
formentera
lvl.2

Germany

Interesting: if you look at the few flightlogs that are available on the web it seems to me that the more you are to northpole the deviation  is WNW. Towards the southpole it seems to be more SSW.
The more to the west the distance between right and wrong homepoint seems to be shorter, more to the east it seems to be longer.
Just a thought... may be i am totally wrong, i just have not enough logs to check it.
2017-1-26
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

" So i guess, something must be wrong with the GPS cordination"  
Just an observation.
There are minor GPS position errors even with older Go app versions. For instance, using version 2.9.1 when I compare my tablet's Google Map  to the Google Map in DJI Go, there is always a difference in where my location is displayed. Sometimes 10 feet, sometimes more. This is when using the tablet without the RC and AC being turned on. Since the Go app is using Google maps in real time, the Go app is no where as precise as the standalone Google map. Nothing's perfect.

2017-1-28
Use props
formentera
lvl.2

Germany

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-28 17:43
" So i guess, something must be wrong with the GPS cordination"  
Just an observation.
There are minor GPS position errors even with older Go app versions. For instance, using version 2.9.1 when I compare my tablet's Google Map  to the Google Map in DJI Go, there is always a difference in where my location is displayed. Sometimes 10 feet, sometimes more. This is when using the tablet without the RC and AC being turned on. Since the Go app is using Google maps in real time, the Go app is no where as precise as the standalone Google map. Nothing's perfect.

As far as i know is the gps-positioning and calculation done by the gps-chip-module of the mobile, which then hands out the position data to the app that does the map-calculation. So both apps should get the same position-data in theory but maybe will handle this data slightly differently due to programming.
I would be fine with a deviation of 10feet, but we are talking here about at least 3500 feet WNW in the northern hemisphere and about 1000 feet South (Australia) in the southern hemisphere.
Which led me to my assumption posted here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-82392-1-1.html
Unfortunately i am just a bloody layman ( if this is the right wording) but i would be delighted if an expert would tell us something about it.
2017-1-28
Use props
paulgun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 962290 ft
Australia

Did a few tests on this today.

Summary: Android DJI Go 3.1.2 controller (blue) point is offset from Drone point (drone image+H) on the map
IOS DJI Go 3.1.2 controller (blue) point matches is location on map with where it actually is.
Following image shows take off using Android 3.1.2 the blue dot is on the beach, where i'm in the middle of an empty field.
Android: Attempting to use the "follow me" intelligent flight mode immediately reports issue drone is too far away. (was prepared to abort by going back to P mode from F)
Using IOS the follow me works (more or less its not very smooth, but maintains pretty much its position relative to the controller)
2017-1-29
Use props
fans6f9786d5
New

United Kingdom

same issue
phantom 3 advanced latest firmware
nexus 7 2nd gen
home point change to 1.3km away after taking off,never worked follow me option,used a samsung s6 no problem
log file:http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4FDH18L2ZR660Y5TLNUL/
any help would appreciate
2017-2-5
Use props
formentera
lvl.2

Germany

it should have landed only 80m away from its last position. Here:looks like a playground or gym to me.

2017-2-5
Use props
fans7da59d27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184888 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-23 06:14
I'm not so easy beaten down ! I take this as a challenge. I can interpret the Flight Logs without DJI help ... and reckon I'll get a solution quicker.

I agree that typical result of DJI support is not reassuring .... and I feel sorry for Natalie and others here who try to keep it together.

i have another one lol hopfully they get it sorted
2017-2-7
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261824 ft
United States

DJI could care less. They have not even acknowledged the problem. All they care about is selling drones.
2017-2-8
Use props
fans7da59d27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184888 ft
United Kingdom

the dji go app 3.1.2 is now been sorted android version that is uk
2017-2-10
Use props
The Dax
lvl.1

United States

I notice a good bit of the drone losses or issues seem to be in AU?  Is there a reason?
2017-2-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The Dax Posted at 2017-2-25 13:25
I notice a good bit of the drone losses or issues seem to be in AU?  Is there a reason?

No, just coincidence.
2017-2-25
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

It's because the toilets flush the wrong way there.
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules