First paid assignment for my Inspire 2
1953 22 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

I have a contract to make a video of Guilin in China showing the famous tourist places around the city and nearby. I started about a week ago but the weather has not been kind to me and haze most days have not made for good shooting. I have made a small video that work in progress. When the weather improves i will revist and shoot all these site again and i hope i will have more experience by them of the camera control.
Video quality is the YouTube limitations as i have to download from China using a VPN and it takes for ever... so low res only sorry.

2017-1-25
Use props
Daedalus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 557552 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Nice, are you using a second operator for the camera or all by yourself ?
2017-1-25
Use props
fans413ab842
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very Nice!!!  I Look forward to seeing the finished product...
2017-1-25
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Daedalus Posted at 2017-1-25 22:31
Nice, are you using a second operator for the camera or all by yourself ?

Single handed but using spotlight pro at lot. I find it very useful for passing shots.
2017-1-25
Use props
fans413ab842
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-25 22:52
Single handed but using spotlight pro at lot. I find it very useful for passing shots.

Have you tried the tripod mode with any of these types of shots??  I am waiting for weather to clear and hope to try spotlight and tripod as my panning shots have been a little lacking in smoothness...
2017-1-25
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Yes but i find you can't have tripod and spotlight pro active at the same time.

I did find that the R/C settings can be changed via the provided profiles to be almost the same as tripod.

so i use the settings there and then spotlight pro. Its excellent for close ground work like flying down alleyways or inside buildings if you set the touch and go speed all three together is fantastic its as good as using a zip line or camera hoist and if the spotlight pro is focused on a human some great dolly shots
2017-1-25
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-25 23:31
Yes but i find you can't have tripod and spotlight pro active at the same time.

I did find that the R/C settings can be changed via the provided profiles to be almost the same as tripod.

Interesting. I was able to get Spotlight and Tripod mode to work at the same time.
2017-1-26
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

At first I thought Holy Smoke they drive fast in China , then realized the people were walking super fast and then  it dawned on me you sped it up in post ....Cant get much by  me, No sir . ( sarcasm )

donnie
2017-1-26
Use props
Hectorburns7626
New

United States

Cool! I've posted recently about also getting my Inspire 2 in, got it from a company called "BuiltDrones" in Jacksonville, Fl, impressed with the X4S can't wait to get my hands on the X5S, any opinions on the X5S... worth it?
2017-1-26
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Hectorburns7626 Posted at 2017-1-26 07:15
Cool! I've posted recently about also getting my Inspire 2 in, got it from a company called "BuiltDrones" in Jacksonville, Fl, impressed with the X4S can't wait to get my hands on the X5S, any opinions on the X5S... worth it?

"any opinions on the X5S... worth it?"

Same question I've posted numerous times without getting a clear, definite answer.  The X5S in theory should be better as the X4S is basically the same as the P4 P camera (which is not too bad at all).  Is the X5S so much better than the X4S that it is worth the huge price difference?  (Add on the SSD, SSD docking station, License fees etc.)
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The shots are nicely choreographed, thanks for sharing.
2017-1-26
Use props
mercury451
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108743 ft
United States

very cool!  Great footage.  Can I ask what format you shoot in?  And what is your fps?  I just got my Inspire and am seeking knowledge   
2017-1-26
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-26 15:19
The shots are nicely choreographed, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Jamie, will admit my first few weeks with the I2 worried me, but now i have the blades sorted and know how to get over the none working camera settings the I2 is gradually winning my approval. BUT now the next problems .. I will soon upgrade to X5S and choice of camera lens is so complicated and no one has a good answer as to why one is better than the other.
has DJI ever considered offering pro advice to I2 users on lenses, etc?
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-27 05:11
Thanks Jamie, will admit my first few weeks with the I2 worried me, but now i have the blades sorted and know how to get over the none working camera settings the I2 is gradually winning my approval. BUT now the next problems .. I will soon upgrade to X5S and choice of camera lens is so complicated and no one has a good answer as to why one is better than the other.
has DJI ever considered offering pro advice to I2 users on lenses, etc?

I believe it all depends on what kind of shot you plan to do. There are so many lenses in the DSLR world that there isn't normally one lens that encompasses everyting. DJI Ranen had made a lens comparison page for when the X5 came out, it may give you a decent starting point if these lenses are pretty new to you in general:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-55912-1-1.html
From what I've noticed, DSLR users tend to buy multiple lenses to cover all their bases.
2017-1-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jon
Nice shots and thanks for sharing your progress. It's funny the Flying Tigers are P40 aircraft and the static airplane outside is a DC-3
Just an observation not criticizing you

Rich
2017-1-27
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

They have bought two P40 which are on their way and have already prepared the display spot, they been cut down to deliver by boat!! The P40 was available from another display in China someplace but I don't think any of the visitors here (Chinese ) have any idea. The fact the museum has photos inside showing the P40 and photos of the pilots next to them has never raised a single question so far. For me Im just happy the recognized the debt they owe and have built an attraction. The command centre (in a Cave) has been fitted out with all the items to make it look realistic.   
2017-1-28
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-27 16:17
I believe it all depends on what kind of shot you plan to do. There are so many lenses in the DSLR world that there isn't normally one lens that encompasses everyting. DJI Ranen had made a lens comparison page for when the X5 came out, it may give you a decent starting point if these lenses are pretty new to you in general:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-55912-1-1.html

Jaimie,
The issue that I'm having in regards to selecting lenses is, "what's needed for balancing?'  I've seen where 3 separate individuals are using the same lens (i.e. Olympus 45) and each have balanced it differently. Some w/hood, some w/o hood, some w/UV filter, some w/o....
2017-1-28
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Hong Kong

mercury451 Posted at 2017-1-26 18:07
very cool!  Great footage.  Can I ask what format you shoot in?  And what is your fps?  I just got my Inspire and am seeking knowledge

Its Cinelike, MP4, 23.976 fps, 4096x2160, aperture set to auto
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-1-28 04:12
Jaimie,
The issue that I'm having in regards to selecting lenses is, "what's needed for balancing?'  I've seen where 3 separate individuals are using the same lens (i.e. Olympus 45) and each have balanced it differently. Some w/hood, some w/o hood, some w/UV filter, some w/o....

In regards to the X5S, page 6 of the manual does have a chart as to what basic components are needed to balance:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+manual+v1.2.pdf

The chart does not take ND, or other added filters into consideration. If you plan on using them, however, then you may need to get more creative like others have done to get the correct balance.
2017-1-29
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 15:38
In regards to the X5S, page 6 of the manual does have a chart as to what basic components are needed to balance:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/zenmuse_x5s/20170120/Zenmuse+X5S+user+manual+v1.2.pdf

Yes I've seen the chart...I guess that I'll have to get creative
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-1-29 16:05
Yes I've seen the chart...I guess that I'll have to get creative

It shouldn't be too difficult to do, especially if you planned on having the extra accessories anyway or already have them. In my experience, it's been very rare to need any other forms of counterbalances.
2017-1-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-28 01:03
They have bought two P40 which are on their way and have already prepared the display spot, they been cut down to deliver by boat!! The P40 was available from another display in China someplace but I don't think any of the visitors here (Chinese ) have any idea. The fact the museum has photos inside showing the P40 and photos of the pilots next to them has never raised a single question so far. For me Im just happy the recognized the debt they owe and have built an attraction. The command centre (in a Cave) has been fitted out with all the items to make it look realistic.

That is awesome that they recognize our war contribution and have the museum. The P40 is a fun airplane to fly and the narrow landing gear can be problematic at times on propellers   The Spitfire is even harder on landings. Surprised they were able to find someone willing to sell the P40's

All the best
Rich
2017-1-29
Use props
djiuser_JEy3a6Xh6KTj
New

Pakistan

They started about a week ago but the weather has not been kind to me and haze most days have not made for good shooting.  solution2pass.com/TA-002-P-questions.html
2022-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules