Mavic landing by itself...and cannot cancel!
11790 52 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Singapore

crucesromero Posted at 2017-4-8 01:55
I'm having the same problem. Has anyone found the way to fix it???

For anybody experiencing these symptoms:

- Mavic ascending on its own
- Mavic entering auto-landing even from high altitude when the left stick is held down
- The VPS height on the screen continuously or intermittently wrong with a reading of eg 0.1m

you are most likely experiencing the VPS issues described in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-77495-1-1.html

DJI claimed to have fixed this with a firmware update, but many (including myself) feel like this seems more like a hardware issue than simply software. I suggest you post about your problem in that thread, and also start a support case with DJI. If Mavics are still plagued by VPS issues, they need to know about it.

IMPORTANT TIP in the meantime: You should be able to prevent the auto-landing problem by disabling Landing Protection, but if the Mavic does enter an auto-landing, you will not be able to cancel it using the throttle stick or the Pause button. This is a bug in firmwares v1.03.0500 and 0.550. The only way to abort the auto-landing for now is to flick the Sport mode switch on the RC. See my thread here for more details: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=89386
2017-4-8
Use props
maccardiolog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 227280 ft
Romania

Hello Jason Lane and thank you for your conclusions . Kindly ask you to be more explicit with the second situation  ,, mavic entering auto-landing even from high altitude when the left stick is held down,, . ..
2017-4-8
Use props
filchambers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2486440 ft
Denmark

fans2507b980 Posted at 2017-3-13 16:12
Hey I know this post is a little old, but same thing happened to me today.  No matter what I did I couldn't cancel auto land.  I was throttling up like there was no tomorrow but there was no response.  It did let me maneuver horizontally so I had a safe landing, but this is really scary!  Anyone figure out what the issue is?

Hi All,

This also happened to me at March 25th, latest firmware. I, unfortunately, was 1m above a lake when auto-land was triggered and up-stick did nothing. I had to jump in and save it, but the ESC was damaged with the water. It's back with DJI now. Hope this is fixed soon!

Cheers,
Phil
2017-4-10
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

maccardiolog Posted at 2017-4-8 12:13
Hello Jason Lane and thank you for your conclusions . Kindly ask you to be more explicit with the second situation  ,, mavic entering auto-landing even from high altitude when the left stick is held down,, . ..

Sorry, I didn't see your post.

The default behavior of the Mavic (with Landing Protection enabled) is that if the Mavic detects the ground within 0.5m, it won't go any lower, or will ascend until it's at or above 0.5m. At this point, if you hold the throttle stick down for a few seconds, this tells the Mavic to perform an Autolanding. This method of Autolanding is only supposed to happen when within 0.5m of the ground. The problem arises when the Mavic mistakenly thinks it's 0.5m above the ground (faulty VPS reading) when in fact it's at a high altitude, and you then apply throttle down.
ps. If you're replying to somebody's post, you should reply directly to that post, otherwise that user won't be notified.
2017-4-10
Use props
crucesromero
New
Flight distance : 2399439 ft
Spain

crucesromero Posted at 2017-4-8 01:55
I'm having the same problem. Has anyone found the way to fix it???

Today I have fixed that error. First of all I did downgrade of the firmware (mavic+RC). Then I calibrated IMU, compass, gimbal and RC. Later I calibrated with de Asistant 2 the VPS. Then Upgrading mavic+RC to the last firmware and everything  became normal.
I think it was a problem in the VPS.
2017-4-15
Use props
esquire
New
Flight distance : 40719 ft
United States

For what it's worth, this is happening to me too and the only thing I've changed was adding those stupid landing gear attachments. They are flat out not compatible. Take them off and try again folks, works great.
2017-6-17
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

I just realized today every time I update app  phone still kept previous DJI go apps an they seemed to all try and open run when I connected. So I deleted go 4 app and anything in my settings apps menu that said DJI. Then I reinstalled app on phone starting over from sctrach. I will be doing this after every update from now on. Hope it yelp some 1 out there. Happy safe flying!
2017-6-17
Use props
MDL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23091 ft
Australia

Trent Mavic Posted at 2017-1-29 02:18
I have the VPS problem with my Mavic and when it goes into the auto land pressing the Red Cross on the phone screen to cancel doesn't work for me also. Haven't tried the pause button on the controller though. Are you sure it's not the VPS problem? Have you checked the height above ground reading to see if it flickers on and off giving figures around 0.1ft

It's a VPs issue, having the same problem now. Let your drone sit still and it will go up lol
2017-6-27
Use props
fans424c9d20
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82894 ft
United States

From the moment I take off Mine goes into auto land and I am able to cancel with Red X but within seconds it does it again, and again ... how do you stop this from happening?  I am no place near a no fly zone this is very frustraing  any info why this might be?

2017-7-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans424c9d20 Posted at 2017-7-26 17:07
From the moment I take off Mine goes into auto land and I am able to cancel with Red X but within seconds it does it again, and again ... how do you stop this from happening?  I am no place near a no fly zone this is very frustraing  any info why this might be?

The Go app stores TXT files on your mobile device to contain information about the flight. If you upload one from a flight where this happened to PhantomHelp and then provide a link to it here we might be able to help diagnose the problem. The instructions for extracting and uploading the file are here.

One possibility is that you might need to calibrate the remote control, but if you upload the log there's a better chance we'll be able to tell you what's happening.
2017-7-26
Use props
jima
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32746 ft
United States

yes, i lost my drone in the trees forever because of this, it was less than a 1000 ft away at 140 ft and showed 16% battery left then fell to 10% and i had no control at all.
2017-10-4
Use props
fans1afbcdd4
New
Flight distance : 5272 ft

Philippines

Just upgraded to latest mavic pro firmware last night, i still have the same issues, the aircraft insists on landing even after take off, where you override it it insists on returning to home
2018-2-22
Use props
djiuser_KFJ3ZIPPdigz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102621 ft
Australia

Unfortunately I just saw this forum

I lost my mavic pro very recently too. I have been flying many times with 20% battery before and have no issue. This time, it forced land by itself. I pressed stop many times and it fails to cancel landing. At the end, I have to find a bush and crash land. I cannot retrieve my aircraft too. Completely panic and depressed experience. Contact DJI and they insisted it was misoperation. But how could the user cannot full control of the aircraft even the battery low. It was 20% and I have plenty of time to come home. If it forces land on highway I would have caused catastrophic disaster by causing accident or kill someone. Please anyone, reconsider if you want to buy DJI products again. I have two other friends, playing quickshot mode and fail to stop too. Again DJI push the responsibility to user. Everything is user fault. Scam company!
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules