Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
14050 17 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Simonmbaker
New

United Kingdom

I have to say form my point of view the new Gimbal connection with the usb and not the interface on the new Gimbal hs  stopping me upgrading, I am not sure why you have removed this as the first model had it, and since has been replaced.

Will the Interface come back with either an updated Gimbal or a new GoPro when released.

Simon
2014-9-17
Use props
ozziep
lvl.1
United States

I just got a new H33d and like the smooth video it produces but do not like the ribbon cable and it is creating a buzzing sound with my gopro hero3+ black which is very annoying. I would love to find a solution to fix this. http://youtu.be/wBCOA3V7_vA
2014-9-17
Use props
gilberthaddad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90833 ft
United Arab Emirates

hi, I have the same issue, the buzzing sound is there not sure why + the Gimble is not 100% Horizontally flat, its tilted a bit and not sure how to recalibrate it. can we have some advise ?
2014-9-18
Use props
Ariel-views
New

United Kingdom

ho i have had a twitching gimbal and was told to reinstall the  gimbal software but not really how to do it but will give you what i know ....

Technical Problem
Subject: H3-3D Reset

So these are the instructions for resetting the H3-3D:

1. connect the 2 dots in the picture attached using tweezers.
2. power on phantom
3. remove tweezers when you see red and yellow LED on together.
4. connect to assistant software to re-upgrade

This should reset the H3-3D and cure the twitching problem.

there are a few software assist programs so make sure you get correct ones

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

for the gimbal go here
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-h3-3d/download

from here your on your own as im still trying to get step by step guide to rest back to factory set
hope it helps

H3-3D

H3-3D
2014-9-18
Use props
Ariel-views
New

United Kingdom

oh  must warn you  once top touch these 2 points and turn on the phantom  the gimbal plays dead  a bit daunting  and a bit worring but i got mine re-installed just cant remember how i did it  so awaiting an answer so i can do a video for other people to do theirs
2014-9-18
Use props
Tazdevil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43074 ft
  • >>>
Canada

mmmmmm....

thanks for the tips...  
2014-9-18
Use props
gilberthaddad
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

so finally, what is the best action to take to fix the Z axis problem and the sound from the gimble of the H3-3D Phantom 2 ?
2014-9-20
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

A couple of observations about the H3-3D gimbal:  
1) Does anybody else have the camera bumping into the securing pins/securing washers when the camera yaws left or right?
2) why doesn't it have a gimbal clamp to protect it during transport?  (the Phantom 2 vision+ comes with one)
3) I agree with Simonmbaker that the USB ribbon cable is annoying.  Whenever you want to remove the memory card you have to disconnect it!
4) The mounting bar is also a pain -- how hard would it have been to design it with the screws going in from the FRONT!
2014-9-26
Use props
gilberthaddad
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

guys, seems im not getting a defenitive asnwer on how to fix my Y angle on my h3-3D gimble... i will take it to a local distributor for fixing.
2014-9-27
Use props
kenDJIPhantom2
New

United Kingdom

You can buy an adapter to get the GoPro back connector restored. I bought one on Amazon, or was it EBay?
2014-10-2
Use props
kenDJIPhantom2
New

United Kingdom

gilberthaddad Posted at 2014-9-28 00:29
guys, seems im not getting a defenitive asnwer on how to fix my Y angle on my h3-3D gimble... i will ...

New Post - not really a reply, though I see gilberthaddad thinks he can get the gimbal repaired easily. Not my experience. My UK Supplier said tough luck, a repair is not cost effective -via China only, and they don't repair them. Got spare bits on EBay, with some patience
Meantime I've been fiddling with my damaged H3 3D cable, and thought this might help someone...

Zenmuse H3 3D Ribbon Cable Repair.
My supplier said it was not economical to repair a damaged cable. Just go and buy another gimbal in effect! Some service that. I have complained to the DJI CEO!

There is one 4 pin connector and the rest are 6 pin – assuming the two, fat, 4 pin wide power connections are counted as

one pin each.

Every connection is on corresponding pins on each connector except pins 3 and 4, and pins 1 and 2 on the pitch connector (reversed).

Repairing the cable (0.5 mm spacing, and thin conductor trace) by scraping away insulation is extremetly hard to do without damaging it. Soldering is not easy either if more than one conductor is exposed at the same spot! In extremis, very fine magnet wire can easily be slipped in past a connector, and soldered onto some conductor on the PCB corresponding to the problem conductor/pin(s). Then some dabs of adhesive along the length will retain it.

If trying to scrape away insulation to expose a conductor, get some serious magnification and try to scrape just as wide as one conductor. Ensure the cable is securely held and is flat on a support surface.
2014-10-2
Use props
gilberthaddad
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

hi Ken, thank you for taking the time replying to my post. i am not trying to be negative, but the Phantom 2 series succeeded because it was super simply to understand. unfortunately, what you wrote above looks very hard for me (at least) to complrehend as i have never tried fixing any phantom before or tampering with its wiring. so just to undertand from what you wrote, should i buy a new Gimble ? or should i fix it ? if i should fix it, then do you have a short youtube video that shows how to do this ? thanks again
2014-10-4
Use props
jadkins
lvl.1

United States

Ariel-views Posted at 2014-9-18 21:14
ho i have had a twitching gimbal and was told to reinstall the  gimbal software but not really how t ...

Do you happen to know if there is a similar reset option for the gimbal on the phantom 2 vision+?   i have started having issues after the latest update and not the gimbal buzzes and doesn't respond at all.
2014-10-29
Use props
kenDJIPhantom2
New

United Kingdom

If I understand right you are concerned that the GoPro "back connector" on the Zenmuse gimbal has disappeared- had on my gimbal. You can buy a little board with this connector - try EBay. I have one, but it is untested as yet. No reason to assume it won't be fine. (Not familiar with this forum. my reply here does not appear in the location I thought it would. never mind - and then I spotted someone else had made the same point!)
2014-11-2
Use props
orders
lvl.1
United States

I have a Phantom 1 and the 2d Gimbal - recently, when installing any battery, the gimbal does not power up - just hangs there.
I removed the gimbal from base, pulled and reset the ribbon cable.Still no joy. Suggestions?
2014-11-9
Use props
nicolas.huillet
New

France

Ariel-views Posted at 2014-9-18 21:17
oh  must warn you  once top touch these 2 points and turn on the phantom  the gimbal plays dead  a b ...

I have mounted the "normal" H3-3D on the phantom 2 (not the specific one for phantom).
I m facing the same problem (dwad gimball after upgrade) you described but no mention to any software of the gimball in the Phantom application under "upgrade". I tried to connect the 2 dots you mentionned above but led desperatly remains unchanged.
What can i do ?
Thanks for your help as i need to have it in function soon for a very important personnal event.
Nicolas
2014-12-27
Use props
mpsharkey
New

United States

I installed the Zenmuse H3-3D on my Phantom 1 and I am having some problems with uncontrollable shaking of the pitch. Check out the issue here:

Any ideas what the problem could be? Or a solution to it?

Thanks.
2015-1-11
Use props
michaelgulley
lvl.2

United Kingdom

wow all these posts are making me wary of paying £245 for a 3d. maybe i should get a dys alexmoss for half the price which a lot are using on high end copters.
2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules