o(^-^)o
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

Kirk2579 Posted at 2017-2-15 11:02
I have read this

I have one question to the OP.

Hey Kirk, thanks for the questions.  No, I  don't have any flight records from about the first of December up until the crash.  I checked my phone and iPad and they are not there.  I have asked on the forums if anyone else had this to happen and no one responded.  On January 23rd, I contacted DJI-Patrick and he advised steps to select and save the flight records, but I did not find any.  I uploaded all flight records to HealthyDrone.com on January 24th and again, no records from those dates.  The exact dates of logfiles that are missing are from November 27, 2016 to January 22, 2017.  I think it was on February 3rd that DJI informed me that there were no flight logs on the drone.  OOPS, I told you werong.  There was one flight record on January 18th of 138 feet and 80 feet elevation and three photos but no data until after the crash, January 22nd.  There were 3 flights after the crash testing the craft.  On January 22nd, there was no GPS signal, this is the one where I just turned on the motors and idled on the ground for a minute or so.  Then I had the drone inside on desk running for testing with no flight being made, then later that day a third flight of 159 feet and 19 feet elevation.  Those are the only flights I have a record of and no trace  of any being recorded or parts of a flight, etc.  No one on the forums replied as to how this happened and neigher did DJI.  Their only comment was on Wednesday, February 1st when they sent email via April that "no DJI flight logs".  Now, knowing what I know about DJI, I have no doubt that they found the data and deleted it after they determined that the crash was a warranty issue, especially after I had already paid $239.00 to get them to hurry up and repair the Phantom.  It is not true that just that one flight was deleted!  It is true that all flights of the time frame noted were apparently not recorded.  I have no idea why or how it is even possible for this to happen.  I really with someone could turn up those flights.  I was hoping once I uploaded to HealthyDrone.com that they would be visible but not so.  If you, or anyone reading this has any suggestions of how I can search for these logs, PLEASE let me know!  

If you have any other questions, please ask them.
Thanks again,
Jim
WEA5TEF
2017-2-15
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197779 ft
United States

WEA5TEF or anyone else:

This is where I get really confused ............... just to rehash my story very briefly:  

My drone lost power while descending this past Saturday. I have since copied some files from my iPhone to this site for folks to view in an effort to try and understand the cause. I have also since spoken with DJI Tech support and they also want to view these files. However, I was informed by the Tech support agent that there were other files on the craft in which THEY ONLY have access to which would tell them much more than the flight record from my iPhone.

1- Therefore, it is my understanding that I can delete the files from my iPhone if I so choose. Also, at some point they may be over-written and disappear in that manner.

2- BUT, based on my discussion with the Tech support agent the files on the craft are hidden and the user does not have access to them.

Without going back and reading each and every post, are you indicating that DJI can not locate any files for the day of the incident to help determine the cause? How can they say that if these hidden files on the craft are inaccessible to the user/owner???? You or I certainly can't delete them because we can't even see them ............... I just don't get it!
2017-2-15
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

tvl Posted at 2017-2-15 16:37
WEA5TEF or anyone else:

This is where I get really confused ............... just to rehash my story very briefly:  

on #1  above:
correct ,the device  flight files in android  /IOS are in a folder in pilot app--google for exact ones

on # 2 above : the drone has a onboard sd card that does have log files that surpass the device logs

I do know folks have accessed the onboard sd but
cant remember if they actually removed or used telnet etc. via usb

the files in the device when uploaded to phantompilots can provide much detail, beyond Healthy Drone

DJI found his files in the quad OK and called it non a chargeable repair.
The OP can NOT find his device file for this flight on his personal device(do you use 2 OP)

The OPs gripe at the moment is DJI wont tell what exactly was wrong...... nothing more
his aircraft has been replaced and works fine>

good  luck and have fun flying!

2017-2-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tvl Posted at 2017-2-15 16:37
WEA5TEF or anyone else:

As far as I remember the detailed flight data is recovered from the internal SD card on the aircraft using 'DJI Assistant 2'. I believe this is the file that would be forwarded to DJI for further analysis.
2017-2-15
Use props
Mattcoq
First Officer
Flight distance : 3642602 ft
  • >>>
China

Maybe I have missed this information somewhere in this thread but for the blog information if you were flying your drone with DJI Go, you should be able to synchronize it with your DJI Cloud ... from the Iphone or Ipad or whatever device you were using during that specific flight ...

From there, you can use HD Sync to upload your logs from your DJI Cloud  to Healthydrone website, where you will be able to see all the data ...

Guess, that in this case, it isn't that easy, otherwise I am guessing, that it would have been proposed ... but since I proceeded in such a way last week, all my flights from June 2015 till now are on healthydrones ... So guess it should work ...

2017-2-15
Use props
Phxbird57
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8679751 ft
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-15 06:35
PHXBIRD, Thanks for that information.  Seems that I have been dealing with level one employees.  I had no idea you could phone them and get a USA manager on the phone!  Do you happen to have his name and extension number?  I have gotten nothing but the run around in trying to find out what happened to make the Phantom flip over.  Now the fast repair service is great and I posted that on the DJI forum but everything else stinks.  Interesting that I was able to track the daily progress of the repairs on their web site but after  the "repair" and "testing and analysis" they say it was shipped to me.  Then, and only then, did I find out that my drone was not repairable and a new one was sent.  WHY would they go to all that trouble to deceive me?  It would have been much easier to have sent the new drone the first day instead of dragging it out all week.  WHY did they lie about it?  AND, why don't they simply take 30 seconds and reply to an email?  Then, maybe 5 minutes to return a phone call?  STRANGE indeed.  

So, if you have that information, please email me at .  I would really appreciate it.

Hello again Wastef
The number I called was not any special number it was:
+1 818-235-0789
Office Hours:
Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00 (PST)
After talking to India ( or where ever) I asked to be connected to a manager in the United States. I think by US laws they have to offer this.  
As for the lost files. I think everyone is missing 2 things. 1 there is to sets of data files one on the drone and one on the smart phone. 2 this maybe why DJI replaced the drone because of the missing files. You can delete the ones on your phone but your going to play like H#ll deleting the ones on the drone.  
As for the replacement it may of came down to " ok DJI can fit the old drone but are we sure it's going to work correctly or send a new one that we know works correctly. " If they could not find the files on the drone they knew there was a problem some where, instead of fixing it and maybe taking 2 weeks or more send you a new one.  I would not be unset with a new one.
2017-2-15
Use props
warior20
lvl.1

New Zealand

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-2-1 00:20
The only other thing that causes a Phantom to Flip in mid air is losing a propeller.
It would be nice if the DJI tech involved included a detailed report from the flight log explaining what they think happened rather than just saying pilot error. Otherwise as you say how can you be sure it won't happen again.

Read my posts previously, if u keen, my phantom 4 flipped over, all motors stopped, no trees , in a open paddock, and dropped to the ground from 30ft, was i  beginners mode, dgi go app crashed, nil control response , hit rth craft flipped, dji say was a ctc, 538.00 repair bill plus gst.

As stated b4 machine 6 mins fly time on inaugural flight.

Phantom 4s flip...no ifs or butts

Who really knows why, we just have to accept dji version. And i know beyond doubt conclusively as per video footage of controller no ctc command given.

Craft back nz today, lawyers can follow up next,

2017-2-16
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

warior20 Posted at 2017-2-16 00:35
Read my posts previously, if u keen, my phantom 4 flipped over, all motors stopped, no trees , in a open paddock, and dropped to the ground from 30ft, was i  beginners mode, dgi go app crashed, nil control response , hit rth craft flipped, dji say was a ctc, 538.00 repair bill plus gst.

As stated b4 machine 6 mins fly time on inaugural flight.

you say you hit RTH button and then all stopped flipped and fell

on the phantom 4 the CSC (kill motors) feature can be executed by:

hitting the RTH button, while left stick is down and in will immediately stop the motors

good luck
2017-2-16
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-2-15 17:53
Maybe I have missed this information somewhere in this thread but for the blog information if you were flying your drone with DJI Go, you should be able to synchronize it with your DJI Cloud ... from the Iphone or Ipad or whatever device you were using during that specific flight ...

From there, you can use HD Sync to upload your logs from your DJI Cloud  to Healthydrone website, where you will be able to see all the data ...

Mattcoq, I guess you missed some of my posts but there are no flight records on my iPad, which I use most of the time to fly.  The recordings stopped being saved the latter part of November and resumed one time prior to the crash but the crash itself was not recorded!  Now DJI says it can't find the data on the drone.  Now how many times have you heard of that happening?  NONE!  They were there and I think DJI read them and saw the records as I described it and since they could not explain why it happened, sent me a new drone with an emphasis on Take this and GO AWAY!   

I am still waiting on someone to return my calls or emails with other questions and they do not!
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-16
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

OK, today I learned how to deal with DJI.  Call 818-235-0789 and ask for a supervisor in THE USA!  This will get you to someone who can speak English and will be glad to assist you.  I have posted here for days and days trying to find out a few questions and the only "help" I got from anyone was criticism of my postings and the implication that I faked the crash for some reason.  It seems that no one could decide what happened to cause my drone to flip over and crash so they started picking apart my story trying to find where I misrepresented it.  Had I had this number and the information that I would actually be able to talk to someone capable of making a decision I would not have had to endure all this.  So save yourself some time and  trouble and call them instead!
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-16 14:10
OK, today I learned how to deal with DJI.  Call 818-235-0789 and ask for a supervisor in THE USA!  This will get you to someone who can speak English and will be glad to assist you.  I have posted here for days and days trying to find out a few questions and the only "help" I got from anyone was criticism of my postings and the implication that I faked the crash for some reason.  It seems that no one could decide what happened to cause my drone to flip over and crash so they started picking apart my story trying to find where I misrepresented it.  Had I had this number and the information that I would actually be able to talk to someone capable of making a decision I would not have had to endure all this.  So save yourself some time and  trouble and call them instead!
Thanks,
Jim

So what update did you get from DJI USA, did they tell you what caused the flip ?
2017-2-16
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-16 14:34
So what update did you get from DJI USA, did they tell you what caused the flip ?

Not yet.  Mike promised he would have that information to me tomorrow.  I'll post what information he gets to me.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-16
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-2-15 17:53

Not in this case.  There are no data logs from about 12/1/16 to 1/23/17.  No one can explain why they are not there.
Thanks,
Jim
2017-2-16
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-16 14:34

SjO, what's your dog's name?  He/She is beautiful.  We have 3 Thiz  Tzu's, or however you spell it.  We love dogs!
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-16 14:58
SjO, what's your dog's name?  He/She is beautiful.  We have 3 Thiz  Tzu's, or however you spell it.  We love dogs!
Jim
WA5TEF

Hi Jim

The breed is "English Working C0cker Spaniel" which has a slightly different shaped face and coat compared to the "Show C0cker Spaniel", which in turn is slightly different from the American C0cker Spaniel. Although he was born in the North of Scotland, and given the Gaelic name Dubhghall, composed of the elements: dubh, meaning "black"; and gall, meaning "stranger". Or just Dougal
2017-2-16
Use props
Mattcoq
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-16 14:54
Not in this case.  There are no data logs from about 12/1/16 to 1/23/17.  No one can explain why they are not there.
Thanks,
Jim

Did you make that flight with the DJI Go application ?

Since I used that application, all my flights are there in the app (no need to go in the root of the device to find the logs) and the app can synchronize it with the DJI Cloud) ...

Were you using another app ?
2017-2-16
Use props
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>
United States

Coming from a military background I can answer that for you WA5TEF.  That condition is called "vortex ring state".  We in the military understand that if we descend too quickly in rotary wing type of aircraft, your descending through a wind vortex created by your own propwash.  Which literally will rob you of all left, and the aircraft literally begin the drop.  
2017-2-16
Use props
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-2 19:30
My son is an engineer and flies a Mavic.  He suggested that when a drone descends, it starts to become unstable somewhat riding on the cushion of air and the drone automatically increases power to one or more of the propellers to stabilize it.  Has anyone heard of this?  Could a faulty sensor that reads this condition cause the flip over?  Just a hunch.
Thanks,
Jim

I posted a separate reply explaining "Vortex Ring State" which your son referred to.  
2017-2-16
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-2-16 15:32
Did you make that flight with the DJI Go application ?

Since I used that application, all my flights are there in the app (no need to go in the root of the device to find the logs) and the app can synchronize it with the DJI Cloud) ...

Oh Yes!  I cannot get GJI GO to run longer than about 3 minutes then it locks up.  Since that does not work, I resort to Litchi, which I really like much better.  I might use GO if it would just be stable and not crash.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-16
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

warloc59 Posted at 2017-2-16 15:33
Coming from a military background I can answer that for you WA5TEF.  That condition is called "vortex ring state".  We in the military understand that if we descend too quickly in rotary wing type of aircraft, your descending through a wind vortex created by your own propwash.  Which literally will rob you of all left, and the aircraft literally begin the drop.

Yeah Warloc but this one did not do that!  I have seen it in this vortex ring, or prop downdraft  and that was not the case in my crash.  The drone flipped over, into the inverted position.  Since there had to be something wrong with the Phantom 4, it did not right itself.  Had the drone been 100% it would have recovered in about 6 feet and continued to fly.  

Thanks for the input.  I was in armor myself and we wern't bothered with vortex rings!  All we had to watch out for was the recoil of the main gun or the rapidly spinning turret on the M1 Abrams.  
Thanks again,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-16
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-16 15:24
Hi Jim

The breed is "English Working C0cker Spaniel" which has a slightly different shaped face and coat compared to the "Show C0cker Spaniel", which in turn is slightly different from the American C0cker Spaniel. Although he was born in the North of Scotland, and given the Gaelic name Dubhghall, composed of the elements: dubh, meaning "black"; and gall, meaning "stranger". Or just Dougal

Yeah, never heard of the breed.  He's a beaut for sure!
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-16
Use props
Mattcoq
First Officer
  • >>>
China

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-16 20:14
Oh Yes!  I cannot get GJI GO to run longer than about 3 minutes then it locks up.  Since that does not work, I resort to Litchi, which I really like much better.  I might use GO if it would just be stable and not crash.
Thanks,
Jim

Ok, then no DJI Go ...

I recently bought Litchi and it is possible to synchronize the flights (no need to go into the logs of the device either) directly to Healthydrone.com, in which you will be able to see the pattern of your flight, the warnings as well as other information ...

Could you at least try that option so we can see your flight log and try to understand what happened ?
2017-2-16
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

I'm sure there are lots of opinions below,  but I'll tell you my experience from flying DJI drones over the years.  May not be Mr. Forum, but here is my experience. 1.  Always get a log.   Most people can't read them, and if you can and happen to have pilot at your disposal.  If you do,  and they accidentally make a mistake,  which has happened to my on two occasions,  they will call a manager.  The manager will look at it after escalation,  and then send you your item back free of charge.   My suggestion is to always get a second opinion and know someone who is in the industry and can read the advanced analytics.  We are all human,  and imagine having to go through all of those crashes these techs go through everyday.  In my experience they got tunnel vision until they were confronted with reality.   Understanding what they are up against,  I can see how they miss things.  To say they don't is fiction.  
2017-2-16
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-2 18:12
Yeah, I figured so.  I doubt if they would find themselves at fault especially since the repairs have already been paid for and the drone ready to ship back.  I just hope it does not happen again.  I hope anyone who reads this will let me know if a flip over happens to them, even though it may right itself automatically and land safely.  If it is a DJI flaw, it will happen again and to someone else.  If it was a pilot error, I apologize but it could not have been in any way I have looked at it.  Here I go again, rambling about the inverted crash!  Thanks for reading it all again.  I'll post what I find out if I get a report.
Thanks,
Jim

I remember seeing tons of flip overs in the early days of the Inspire 1.  Just go to youtube,  they are everywhere.  However,  most of that was said to be from interference.   You may have a different problem.
2017-2-16
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Odan Posted at 2017-2-2 17:51
I keep hearing how unhappy everyone is with DJI. These dudes are freeking busy.I don't think their growth in factory space has kept up with sales.
They have been on holiday over in China.   We all slack during our holidays don't we..  
So what if DJI has a slight lag in synchronizing every part of their operations.  Their doing better then I could do.

I don't think many people have problems with the mods.   I don't.   I have problems with the fact that this has been going on for 4 years now.  They make awesome products,  and have the worst customer service.  It has NOTHING to do with the Mods.  In fact, some of them I saw when I was on the very first forum that disappeared some time in 2015 along with me,  are still around and making sound.
2017-2-16
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-2-16 21:49
Ok, then no DJI Go ...

I recently bought Litchi and it is possible to synchronize the flights (no need to go into the logs of the device either) directly to Healthydrone.com, in which you will be able to see the pattern of your flight, the warnings as well as other information ...

Yes, I have already uploaded my logs but those dates are just not there!  I searched my iPad and iPhone, which is all I have used to fly with.  They are just missing.  I have posted requests on three forums for help in finding out what happened and no one has replied to my requests.  What information do I need to post so I can share those logs?
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

OH, not sure I posted on this forum or not so here it is again:  I PHONED yesterday and got a Supervisor in the USA to get involved in my request.  He promised to find my logs and get back with me today.  I'll post what he tells me.  

2017-2-17
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-16 22:39
I remember seeing tons of flip overs in the early days of the Inspire 1.  Just go to youtube,  they are everywhere.  However,  most of that was said to be from interference.   You may have a different problem.

Hey 24ctDrone, you are the FIRST one to post on any of the forums that they have ever heard of a flipover on a DJI drone!!!!!  Most who have bothered to reply don't believe what mine did.  AND, without flight logs to back up my story, it is up to me to prove my case with what little other information I have.  Then, I get more doubters with most of them saying I faked the crash.  I have yet to understand that!  WHY would I deliberately crash my drone, or fake a crash?  I had a perfectly good Phantom 4 that flew perfectly and with no issues except the fact that it was not recording my flight logs.  I don't know whether that was a drone issue or an iPad issue?  Anyway, I have first posted trying to find out information only ending up having to dig deeper to back up my "faked crash" believers.  I have since backed away from that trend and resorted back to my original quest, to find out how a Phantom 4 can flipover and fly into the ground.  Maybe Mike ??? will find out for me as promised and get badk with me today!  If he does, I'll post it here.  If he does not, I will be back on the phone to him to find out why.  

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-17
Use props
Mattcoq
First Officer
  • >>>
China

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-17 04:06
Yes, I have already uploaded my logs but those dates are just not there!  I searched my iPad and iPhone, which is all I have used to fly with.  They are just missing.  I have posted requests on three forums for help in finding out what happened and no one has replied to my requests.  What information do I need to post so I can share those logs?
Thanks,
Jim

There are two case scenarios to my knowledge depending on which program you use to fly your drone :

1. DJI Go
- You can see your flights on your iPad or iPhone but in a simplified map way
- They are always present in your app and visible
- You can also synchronize them on your DJI Cloud

But this is not your case, since you said above that you didn't use DJI Go

2. Litchi
- There is no way of seeing your flown missions in the app
- They could be accessible in the root of the device but I am unaware of this method
- You can with Litchi app synchronize your flight on Healthydrones.com, you just need to go in the settings
- Once synchronized, you will be able to access the full data of your flights, not like on DJI Go where you just have a summary
- When those logs are on healthy drones, you can just share the website link of the flight in question to share the log ...

From what I understand in your situation, this is what you should do ...

-------

But there is one thing, I don't understand :
1) You say you have uploaded your logs, meaning that you already know how to get them from Litchi then ...
2) By curiosity, when those logs were uploaded, from which app (guessing Litchi) were they uploaded and where were they uploaded ...
2017-2-17
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-17 04:18
Hey 24ctDrone, you are the FIRST one to post on any of the forums that they have ever heard of a flipover on a DJI drone!!!!!  Most who have bothered to reply don't believe what mine did.  AND, without flight logs to back up my story, it is up to me to prove my case with what little other information I have.  Then, I get more doubters with most of them saying I faked the crash.  I have yet to understand that!  WHY would I deliberately crash my drone, or fake a crash?  I had a perfectly good Phantom 4 that flew perfectly and with no issues except the fact that it was not recording my flight logs.  I don't know whether that was a drone issue or an iPad issue?  Anyway, I have first posted trying to find out information only ending up having to dig deeper to back up my "faked crash" believers.  I have since backed away from that trend and resorted back to my original quest, to find out how a Phantom 4 can flipover and fly into the ground.  Maybe Mike ??? will find out for me as promised and get badk with me today!  If he does, I'll post it here.  If he does not, I will be back on the phone to him to find out why.  

Thanks,

You do you man.  I had an issue with an Inspire 1,  where it literally started drifting after launch.  It was in a approved flight area.  It took me 6 months to prove to them that this was an interference problem.  I took them to task over the data report and got an independent analysis.  It helped that I've been flying for a long long time and I knew what happened the second I saw it.  I got a full refund and a personal apology
My best advice is that if you think you may have screwed up,  you probably did.   If you KNOW you didn't,  well you still may have,  but investigate it.  I could save you a lot of money.  

The issue I have found is that things move quickly.  Analysis of your drone movements often come down to 1 second for the initial error and then what comes after.. Many time the techs see something so many times they will automatically make assumptions.  I wish they didn't.   However I can understand it.   You just never know.
2017-2-17
Use props
Beux
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-1 00:07
Well, honestly, doing a CSC while sitting on the ground, has flipped a number of Phantoms... So Definately possible, and all though not common, has been the culprit for several inadvertant flips.

Sorry to have to ask but what's a CSC?  I want to know what not to do.
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Beux Posted at 2017-2-17 15:13
Sorry to have to ask but what's a CSC?  I want to know what not to do.

Combined Stick Command.

It's how you start the Phantom motors.

In an emergency, that same stick motion will kill the motors if the drone is upright.

Play with it on the onboard flight SIM.

RedHotPlker
2017-2-17
Use props
Beux
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-17 15:19
Combined Stick Command.

It's how you start the Phantom motors.

Thanks.  Which one will make my Phantom 4 flip over and fly upside down into the ground?
2017-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Beux Posted at 2017-2-17 15:26
Thanks.  Which one will make my Phantom 4 flip over and fly upside down into the ground?

You have a slightly different method of shutting down your Phantom 4 now.

But doing  a CSC while the drone has already landed, can often give it reason to react most unfavorably.

Those stick commands are most unusual for regular flight direction, so it was likely chosen being an unusual stick motion, under our normal flying circumstances.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-17
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-16 14:10
Thanks,
Jim

you do know this is a PUBLIC help forum NOT DJI SERVICE department

your message tells me much of you
you are welcome

YOU have your flight records and will not share them
2017-2-17
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-2-17 04:26
There are two case scenarios to my knowledge depending on which program you use to fly your drone :

1. DJI Go

Hey MattC:  Not sure what you mean, here is what I did.  I found HealthyDrones and uploaded my total apps to it then when I looked for the crash date, it was not there, along with probably 35 more.  They are not on my iPad or iPhone either.  No one has yet explained how the log files can't be saved.  I am waiting on DJI to let me know now.  At least they answered my email I sent about 4 hours ago.  I'll let everyone know when they actually do reply.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-17
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

24ctDrone Posted at 2017-2-17 14:59
You do you man.  I had an issue with an Inspire 1,  where it literally started drifting after launch.  It was in a approved flight area.  It took me 6 months to prove to them that this was an interference problem.  I took them to task over the data report and got an independent analysis.  It helped that I've been flying for a long long time and I knew what happened the second I saw it.  I got a full refund and a personal apology
My best advice is that if you think you may have screwed up,  you probably did.   If you KNOW you didn't,  well you still may have,  but investigate it.  I could save you a lot of money.  

Yeah, 24, thanks for your comments.  I was out only $239.00 plus I got a new drone but money is not the issue.  I need to know what happened AND I need to know why DJI is not responding.  I assume they are hiding something but I have no way to prove it, just with circumstantial evidence.  
Thanks for your posting.
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-17
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Kirk2579 Posted at 2017-2-17 15:34
you do know this is a PUBLIC help forum NOT DJI SERVICE department

your message tells me much of you

Well, Kirk, first tell me how to recover them and I will be more than glad to share them.  First, go back and read ALL of my posts and you will see why I said that.  Even DJI can't tell me.  So, we'll see what they say then do it if they can find them.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-17
Use props
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-17 20:00
Yeah, 24, thanks for your comments.  I was out only $239.00 plus I got a new drone but money is not the issue.  I need to know what happened AND I need to know why DJI is not responding.  I assume they are hiding something but I have no way to prove it, just with circumstantial evidence.  
Thanks for your posting.
Jim

I doubt they are hiding anything.  This is just DJI.  They are the most innovative company in the industry by far (besides Movi, not an endorsement just well established) and they are growing so fast they can barely keep up with any type of support.  I have been waiting one month for an email back from them if that says anything.  However I have not known them to openly deceive.  One member on here awhile back put up a very well documented case of a drone being downed in a NFZ,  provided documentation,  and presented a good case as to why DJI was wrong.   Several users documented cases of Inspire 1 battery failures and in-air discharges.  As well a user very clearly and concisely pointed out and showed how magnetic interference caused the drone to improperly fly via drifting (a problem I had once too, so it caught my eye).   My point, present a clear case.   
There are many things I could say about DJI analysis techs,  and I'll be fair.  The majority are great,  and I don't think want to hide anything from you (or even would think about it).   However if you can better understand your own problem and make the argument,  like I have seen here many times,  the forum will be less critical on you.   I would suggest researching your problem and looking at past circumstances for reference.  If you are 100 percent sure you had all of the props on, tightened and ready to go,  then you have every right to investigate your situation.   Get the logs and get several different opinions.  Help me out guys,  what is the group that does data analysis besides DJI (not an endorsement, a second opinion is always a good one though)??
However you already paid money,  and that was likely your biggest problem to date.  This could be seen as admitting  fault.  I've had issues in the past where resolutions have taken up to 6 months--true story,  because I knew what I saw due to experience.  For example,  I have clearances some may not,  however I have made a bone head mistake by switching controllers, and forgetting to turn off default GEO fencing.  To my surprise, it kicked in after 5 minutes in the air.  I was not able to X out of this as the rules are clearly stated by DJI.  So know the rules even if you don't agree (I made EM landing, all was well,  but not a good situation).   I personally don't agree that DJI should enforce drone laws.   That should be left to the FAA.  HOWEVER,  it is there policy,  and if you fly their drones,  you live by the letter of the law, their law.   The last thing I will say/repeat,  research, research, and research!!!! Fly safe my friend
2017-2-18
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-17 20:01
Well, Kirk, first tell me how to recover them and I will be more than glad to share them.  First, go back and read ALL of my posts and you will see why I said that.  Even DJI can't tell me.  So, we'll see what they say then do it if they can find them.
Thanks,
Jim

the exact process is online and depends on IOS or android.

but the process simply involves using a file manager or iTunes to go into the internal storage of the device you flew with.
If you use 2 ,and from your posts you HAVE, used more than 1 device.
check both of them.

from goggle search:

saves User Flight Records within the DJI GO App to your local mobile device (iOS/Android). These can be played back with the GO App by going to he Home Screen and selecting the upper right corner, paper plane icon, where you will find your flights. These files are stored on your mobile device -> iOS is within DJI GO/FlightRecords folder; Android is within Device Storage/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord. They are normally referred to as .txt flight logs, but they are require translation into any meaningful information. Several sites will perform this translation/analysis including HealthyDrones.

there is a folder that store this data and unless deleted by the user will be there.

another google find:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-2-18
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-2-17 19:56
Hey MattC:  Not sure what you mean, here is what I did.  I found HealthyDrones and uploaded my total apps to it then when I looked for the crash date, it was not there, along with probably 35 more.  They are not on my iPad or iPhone either.  No one has yet explained how the log files can't be saved.  I am waiting on DJI to let me know now.  At least they answered my email I sent about 4 hours ago.  I'll let everyone know when they actually do reply.
Thanks,
Jim

Yeah, all of you were thinking "yeah right"!  I did not hear from 'Marquez' as he did not bother to return my call.  I called him 3 times, each time asking for a supervisor in the USA.  I was supposedly transferred to his section and all three times, I was disconnected!  I have given up on DJI.  They cannot be BELIEVED IN ANYTHING THEY SAY WHEN IT PERTAINS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE!  
Should I do anything further on this, I'll report back in.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules