Shaky footage problem
2837 24 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hey guy's,

[size=14.6667px]after reviewing the footage I recorded I'm worried too see parts ( more than not) have very bad shake to the camera? notice the part as I descend were it shakes bad but then goes back to being perfectly stable at around 42 sec mark . . . .
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC9hxyroIg&feature=youtu.be

This doesn't look like jello like ive seen in videos,

Any ideas people? Hope this isn't another fault . . .

Cheers

2017-2-4
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

I'd say that was normal, I've seen it many times, just trying to level itself
2017-2-4
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

My P3S was new, not refurbed, when I bought it, and it does the same thing. I don't worry too much about what speed each prop is spinning while it's sitting on the ground, so long as it flies correctly while in the air. I suspect WD9EON is correct, and that the difference in prop speed is due to the drone seeking to be level in a neutral control state.

The next time I take it out to fly, I'll try to remember to pay attention to the orientation of the drone, and if the props that are on the "downhill" side are spinning a bit faster than the others.
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Were you experiencing any wind at all?
2017-2-4
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Jamie no wind that I was aware of, I did mention previously on this thread that one of my rotors was not spinning same speed as others while it was sitting on the ground but people have mentioned that it could be the uneven ground I was on. When I throttled up however all rotors went to full power, no errors in flight logs either

The gimbal status says normal so not sure why the footage was that shaky
2017-2-4
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This is my second phantom 3 and the retailer I bought from put me through absolute hell to even swap it for a brand new replacement so I really hope it's not another faulty drone
2017-2-4
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Any idea's?
2017-2-4
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Why do DJI reply once and then never reply again? I would like to know what I should do regarding this problem. Take it back to retailer or can I fix it myself?
2017-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Take a couple of photos of the gimbal under the aircraft and post them here, then we may be able to suggest something.
2017-2-4
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Here are some, please tell me if other pics needs
1486243404330635948203.jpg
14862434270901672112201.jpg
14862434469771398192941.jpg
14862434957161688402165.jpg
2017-2-4
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

PracticallyGeeK Posted at 2017-2-4 11:36
This is my second phantom 3 and the retailer I bought from put me through absolute hell to even swap it for a brand new replacement so I really hope it's not another faulty drone

After looking at the video, I don't see much wrong. First off you don't know if there were high winds at altitude, and second your were yawing the craft at a good speed at the time of this shaking. With this and the prop speed thing, I think you looking for a problem where no problem exist.
2017-2-4
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

PracticallyGeeK Posted at 2017-2-4 13:12
Why do DJI reply once and then never reply again? I would like to know what I should do regarding this problem. Take it back to retailer or can I fix it myself?

They just replied like two hours ago, remember this is a forum not a chat window. Does this happen in every video of yours, or just this one?
2017-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2017-2-4 13:35
After looking at the video, I don't see much wrong. First off you don't know if there were high winds at altitude, and second your were yawing the craft at a good speed at the time of this shaking. With this and the prop speed thing, I think you looking for a problem where no problem exist.

I agree with WilliamH, there does not seem to be anything wrong with the gimbal setup,  but you do seem to have a gimbal horizon error.
2017-2-4
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sorry I wasn't being rude towards DJI just they replied and then didn't reply when I answered their question. Anyway this is only present in this video and my only video in this brand new replacement drone. I haven't been out to see if it happens again, you mention a horizon error? Is this a fault or can it be fixed by me?
2017-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

PracticallyGeeK Posted at 2017-2-4 14:02
Sorry I wasn't being rude towards DJI just they replied and then didn't reply when I answered their question. Anyway this is only present in this video and my only video in this brand new replacement drone. I haven't been out to see if it happens again, you mention a horizon error? Is this a fault or can it be fixed by me?

It might be fixed by performing a gimbal calibration.
2017-2-4
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-4 14:02
It might be fixed by performing a gimbal calibration.

I did do one when I get home, only thing I can do now is take it out again when I can and see if it happens again.
If it does what do you think it could be? I cant see anything wrong with the actual gimble, its still brand new out box so would be pretty annoyed if it was something internal.
2017-2-4
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So you guy's think it was wind, a guy over at phantom pilots thinks I should get a replacement and that wind wouldnt shake the camera like this, not sure what to think. Best testing it again through this week and seeing if it happens again
2017-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

PracticallyGeeK Posted at 2017-2-4 14:12
So you guy's think it was wind, a guy over at phantom pilots thinks I should get a replacement and that wind wouldnt shake the camera like this, not sure what to think. Best testing it again through this week and seeing if it happens again

I tend to agree that it should not shake like that because of wind. I would suspect there is something else wrong.
2017-2-4
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

PracticallyGeeK Posted at 2017-2-4 14:12

I'm just saying one test is not enough to confirm anything being wrong. You need three or four to be certain, two at the min. But forget about that prop spin speed question, that's a non issue. If it flies true, it's fine.
2017-2-4
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Going to test a few more times, I did do a gimble calibration after flight at home after seeing footage which worked fine. Gimble status on the app says fine, would that show me any problems in that status because it said normal
2017-2-5
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Out of curiosity what should the gimble and camera behave like if I just power on the drone and turn it in hand?
2017-2-5
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

In a couple of my flights I lost the rubber that doesn't have the plastic clip in it. I put in a tie in those 2 gimbles now so I wont lose the buggers if they come out.

2017-2-5
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-5 04:45
In a couple of my flights I lost the rubber that doesn't have the plastic clip in it. I put in a tie in those 2 gimbles now so I wont lose the buggers if they come out.

[view_image]

Same here, do the same thing. Use ties in place of the pins.
2017-2-5
Use props
DroneGuy96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8127 ft
Canada

What i would suggest is next time you test it out, fly it low enough to be able to see how the gimbal is moving cause I have had something similar happen when I had the drone at altitude. Dont forget even though you don't feel wind near the ground doesn't mean there is none when you have it up there.  
2017-2-5
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Today I did a IMU calibration along with a gimbal calibration, took the drone up and recorded my footage here is the link.
I'm happy by the footage as this looks better to me than the last one I got which could have been the wind high up or maybe because the gimbal needed calibrating.
I shall keep an eye on it though in case it happens again.

2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules