United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

One has a built in screen while the other you need to supply your own device.

With the built in screen, you can't use any of the other third party apps.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-16
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

$300.00 difference in price
2017-2-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

"REALLY BRIGHT" built in screen... Sun glasses required...  
2017-2-16
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Ha! The picture of the guy taking a phone call with his remote control attached. Too funny.

I have to take this call
2017-2-16
Use props
fansfa7d6d22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 452054 ft
United States

Just sent my Pro+ back - lots of issues, some maybe corrected in firmware, such as repeated wind alerts and lagging and pixelated downlink video, however this unit also had a touch screen that was near impossible to use - trying to change shutter speed, aperture, downlink threshold, touching and swipping the screen did nothing - defective unit? The other noted downside is that Pro+ is not able to accept third party apps, and if you never tried Autopilot or better yet AIRNEST you have no idea the sweet capabilities of the Phantom you are missing!

Am going to get a Pro without screen - yes screen is nice and brightened has clean HDMI out but too many associated problems - there seem to be a few lemons out there, not unusual with this type of constantly developing technology - just make sure you purchase from a business that will take a return and not throw you to DJI -  Amazon probably the best, i have found they really stand up for the customer

What little I did shoot before returning the P4P+ was amazing! here is a little clip from ABANDONED SIX FLAGS New Orleans - definitely NOT the place to have to go looking for a downed drone! Lots of water moccasins, wild boars that will tear you apart, and all kinds of garbage and probably body parts as well, not to mention alligators . . .people trespass here a lot, very dangerous! I flew for 10 minutes before being run off by L & R security - nice guy but was convinced that it was illegal to fly over the park - I didn't want to argue, already got a quick flight, so graciously departed after pointing out SIX FLAGS is NOT in a NFZ, in fact just outside the 5 mile circle from Lakefront Airport  and does not met any requirements set by the FAA as a NFZ - no people, no vital infrastructure, no nuclear capabilities, no power grid, no airport, etc

shot at 1080p/60  simply amazing camera and platform!  
   Compare to Phantom 3 Pro from same location, 2 years earlier

Fly smart!
2017-2-19
Use props
GastonC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29734 ft
United States

Nice pics, I too have the P4P+ and am not very fond of the integrated screen and all of it's limitations.  Should have saved the $300 and purchased a good tablet.
2017-2-19
Use props
fansfa7d6d22
lvl.1
United States

GastonC Posted at 2017-2-19 09:30
Nice pics, I too have the P4P+ and am not very fond of the integrated screen and all of it's limitations.  Should have saved the $300 and purchased a good tablet.

yeah, I really liked the speed and easy setup with Pro+ screen, but miss AIRNEST and my iPad mini!

Had it worked properly I certainly would have kept it however, I hate returning stuff!
2017-2-19
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Love the integrated screen.  No fussing with phones etc.,  Have no need whatsoever for third party apps as they just complicate and already fussy platform
2017-2-19
Use props
iraqembed
lvl.1
United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-2-19 10:34
Love the integrated screen.  No fussing with phones etc.,  Have no need whatsoever for third party apps as they just complicate and already fussy platform

I'm sure it will be 100% soon - i hope no one has to give up their bird and send it in for repair! That would be frustrating - but i think dji is busting to get this fixed, love the screen!
2017-2-19
Use props
GastonC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29734 ft
United States

I like the screen also, but it would be nice if DJI loaded other DJI apps onto it, for instance GS Pro.  I would think that DJI would want all of their software products on their own controller, or at least have a way for users to load it.
2017-2-19
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a good video that explains the pros and cons of the P4P+ remote controller:

2017-2-19
Use props
TB12GOAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47172 ft
United States

Great video of the amusement park! I'm on the fence about a Phantom 4 Pro+, Phantom 4 Pro, or Mavic Pro
2017-2-19
Use props
iraqembed
lvl.1
United States

So having returned the P4P+ I just got a P4P non-plus -

Still experiencing break up in downlink, tried flashing the latest firmware (march 07) and it seems to have gotten better. The quality is great but there does seem to be a pulsing in the video every second - it may be because I was in AWB - I will play again tomorrow for st pattys day parade in new orleans

2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

iraqembed@gmail Posted at 2017-3-10 17:01
So having returned the P4P+ I just got a P4P non-plus -

Still experiencing break up in downlink, tried flashing the latest firmware (march 07) and it seems to have gotten better. The quality is great but there does seem to be a pulsing in the video every second - it may be because I was in AWB - I will play again tomorrow for st pattys day parade in new orleans

Just to clarify, what mobile device are you using with the P4P?
2017-3-10
Use props
Airmunn
lvl.1

United States

Myself, like most others wish I could load LITCHI or GSpro onto it.  A very nice display that works well in the sun light. Also there is a built in HDMI output onboard and I have actually used a large screen TV to fly around with. You can also display your OSD or heads up display on the TV.  Also great for playing back your videos and pictures on the big screen. Anyhow, lots of hand off's.   And it is an extra 300 bucks.
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules