Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-18
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Please send me your unwanted Phantom Pro 4.  
2017-3-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha kramer,

Please send me your P4 or P4 Pro (hard to understand your rant).  I will easily fix the problems you seem to be incapable of understanding.  Mahalo in advance!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-18
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

DJI keeps moving on and it's up to you whether to buy today's best model or wait half a year for the next best model. The Phantom is being developed for several years now so it shouldn't be any surprise that the drone you buy today, will be outdated the day after tomorrow. The good thing is that if you don't want to spend big money, you still have the choice to buy yesterdays model for a very reasonable price.
2017-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Surely there profits come from those who purchase there drones, THATS YOU !!!!!!!
2017-3-18
Use props
Marjanko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647372 ft
Austria

I disagree
2017-3-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Profit driven?  How dare they...
2017-3-18
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Buying drones is rather like buying ca,eras/ As a pro photographer it was always tempting to buy the latest kit as we were told it will make better images. In truth the images are made by the photographer. If the drone you have does the job, why hanker after the next iteration of drone? Unless of course you want the extra attributes it offers. All companies work to make a profit, some have better appraoches at it than others. But in another post we established that there were around 1m drones out there from DJI, yet very few rpoblems reported here on the boards relatively speaking. If your Phantom works, does what you need it do do, why worry about anything else? Be happy and enjoy it.
2017-3-18
Use props
Propwash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

It's the nature of the beast when you buy a new DJI model or any other product its already out of date there will be at least two new designs in the pipe line awaiting to take the place of the current release.It's a matter of coming to terms with it and enjoying your purchase and waiting in excited anticipation of whats is to follow.
2017-3-18
Use props
LackedMule1217e
lvl.1

Canada

DJI should adopt a subscription upgrade program such as with the iPhone Upgrade Program that Apple uses (not that I'm an Apple fan). That way those who always want the best can get it for cheaper.
2017-3-18
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-18
Use props
Sarg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330869 ft
United States

First I am not a fan boy. I have had drones from 3 different manufacturers. My first one was nothing more then a toy so I won't go into that one. The second was a P3A that worked very well overall. I did have some software issues but was pleased with it until I crashed it and it was not repairable. The next was a Typhoon H while it is stable in a straight flight it drifted and was not very stable in wind. I then got a P4 and a Mavic these are used for different purposes and I am happy with both but will be upgrading the P4 soon.
Much of our problems are caused by not taking the time to understand the product this goes for many of the items that we purchase.
2017-3-18
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

RodneyDangerous Posted at 2017-3-18 10:28
I think that the biggest problem DJI has with their drone lineup is their complete failure to design a gimbal system that has a reliable level horizon irrespective of yaw or altitude variations.

My P3S has no issues with the gimbal staying correct.

2017-3-18
Use props
Aussie4220
Second Officer
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

Perhaps this is a new revelation, but items in the electronic sector are prone to being outdated, in many cases, even before they are released.  Phones, computers etc are on a rapid cycle of replacement and we all accept that the computer we picked up today is already outdated and the new model is in the queue for release.  This happens, it is the nature of the beast.

I have no issue with a company making a profit, this is how they fund future developments, stay in business and be able to provide service, repairs and spare parts for existing models.  The market can dictate what is a reasonable price, if the price is too high, people will shop elsewhere and if the company wants to be competitive it can then review its pricing structure.

This is nothing new, this should be common sense.

I bought my p4p+ earlier this year, not long after i bought it there was talk about the p5.  was i happy to think that the latest model from DJI was already on the replacement line - hardly, however, i looked at what i bought, what i paid and the capability it delivers.  At this stage it does everything and more than  i need, if my needs greatly outweighed the p4p then i would have bought an Inspire 2.  I bought with an understanding that DJI will be continually developing newer and better products.  If i had bought a P4, would i not be grateful that they have improved the camera?  At some stage key aspects will be improved and whoever purchased the preceding model takes a hit - again, this is the nature of the sector.

Suck it up, do your research, if you buy near the release of a model you have a grace period, if the model has been out for a while, chances are a new one is coming.  Put your big boy pants on and  be grateful things are constantly improving and getting better.

I love my p4p+ but i also look forward to the new model and see what they have done to improve my flight and video experience.  By the time that comes, i would have many flight hours under my belt and could appreciate more graciously the improvements.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

This thread has been closed. The OP is just a rant and serves no purpose that benefits the community.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules