Warning:[IME}heading exception - (EDIT) ISSUE RESOLVED
5716 46 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

@ProQuad @Mike-the-cat, thank you so much for sharing us with the details. which is very helpful.
2017-4-9
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-9 15:55
Great post!

My own IMU problem hasn't recurred so fingers crossed. Looking back, it was pretty scary that the bird seemed to take on a crazy personality when the IMU was faulty.. It took me awhile to regain confidence ..

Yep, I just wish more people on here would report back with their outcome VS leaving it hang and then no one knows what would be a potential repair the the issue.
2017-4-10
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-9 20:08
@ProQuad @Mike-the-cat, thank you so much for sharing us with the details. which is very helpful.

Yea and thank you for helping out as well.  As I stated @Miike-the-cat, wish more people would report back with there outcome.
2017-4-10
Use props
PaulBirman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374177 ft
Latvia

Hi everyone! I had the same problem, also thought maybe send back drone, but cold imu calibration worked. I put Mavic in a fridge for 1,5h without battery, after that quickly turned on and started imu calibration. All process took about 5 or 10 min, and now works everything great Hope this helps.
2017-6-18
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PaulBirman Posted at 2017-6-18 22:55
Hi everyone! I had the same problem, also thought maybe send back drone, but cold imu calibration worked. I put Mavic in a fridge for 1,5h without battery, after that quickly turned on and started imu calibration. All process took about 5 or 10 min, and now works everything great  Hope this helps.

PaulBirman,  I'm glad you were able to fix your same issue.  Also, glad I posted the outcome so that others like you can hopefully fix an issue like this w/o sending it in.  Thanks for reading and happy flying.
2017-6-19
Use props
xGKWP3k6IZFy
New
Flight distance : 423612 ft
Slovenia

ProQuad Posted at 2017-4-9 09:07
Mike-the-cat,
I really didn't want to stick it in the freezer...seems a bit silly to me AND as it is in a warmer environment, it could get condensation with-in it...even though it was argued that, that would not happen.

Thanks guys. I have the same problem with my mavic, I sent it to DJI service Germany and they charge me 290€ for this issue and gimbal problem. Gimbal is now ok, but my Mavic is still not fly in straight line.I will try this...
IMG_20170824_120724.jpg
IMG_20170824_120759.jpg
2017-8-24
Use props
Svavar.trausti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1459144 ft
Iceland

Ok guys. Im the kind of guy who can't simply accept things like two pluses become a minus, I need to know why!

This cold emu calibration sounds alot like some tecknological black magic. (Not saying it's not right, I just don't understand it. Therefore it's stupit in my opinion)
So my question is why the puck does it need to be cold?

I've never seen this problem with imu, might have something to do with me living in Iceland and my uavstickrrs.com are always freezing. I guess cold calibration have growed on them and become the "norm"

Yup, the world's goods and bads are not thrown equally through the planet.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules