Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-7 11:51
Thanks for the input Ken I guess it will be going back.  I am trying for fun to roll back .450 then 50. then .55 before I sent it in but I spoke to a couple other DJI friends who all have working iOS as well and also on Android systems but I was thrown for a loop when it kind of worked with a S6 someone lent me to try on.

I am sending it back today and then will rebuy immediately.

Also, make sure in your phone's setting you have "Location" set to "While using the app" and not "Never".
Another thing to try, I know it's a pain but go through all your apps and make sure the Location is not checked on "Always" for any of them.
Also, try turning off your WiFi and Cellular and to see if it works.
Just trying to give you some things to try.
2017-4-7
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-7 11:55
Actually on my NVIDIA Shield it didn't work at first and said weak GPS. I turned the tablet around the other way and it worked then.
Just make sure your not blocking the GPS with your hand. I'd first try to move your phone in different directions just to see if ti will work.
If not then it looks like you may have to contact support and get an RMA. Sorry about that.

I've had am RMA for like 3 days now for a complete return.

I have been troubleshooting because I don't want to let it go.

I was first speaking to Ann and she was super nice and sent me the return label right away but I was just hoping I could  figure it out before sending it back but I just can't.

I'll try taking it out of the RC altogether and see if that works.

In all of my years, and I go back to flame wheels and S1000's I've never seen that error in a DJI device so I am thinking maybe it is firmware?  I don't know. I hope so anyway.

I will send it back if I can't get mine to work today.  Thanks though Ken.  I guess this label I have been sitting on for a couple days will get to be used after all.

You're a gentleman and I appreciate it.
2017-4-7
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-7 12:01
Also, make sure in your phone's setting you have "Location" set to "While using the app" and not "Never".
Another thing to try, I know it's a pain but go through all your apps and make sure the Location is not checked on "Always" for any of them.
Also, try turning off your WiFi and Cellular and to see if it works.

I've tried most of those including factory resetting and having nothing but the GO4 app on there but will double check.

Thanks again Ken!
2017-4-7
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-7 11:55
Actually on my NVIDIA Shield it didn't work at first and said weak GPS. I turned the tablet around the other way and it worked then.
Just make sure your not blocking the GPS with your hand. I'd first try to move your phone in different directions just to see if ti will work.
If not then it looks like you may have to contact support and get an RMA. Sorry about that.

Just thought of this and I think I'm reaching now but do you think the tempered glass might be a problem?

I used to never use screen protectors until all of a sudden all of my iOS phones starting cracking all the time.

Do you think it's possible that the "tempered glass" could be causing a weak GPS signal?

I rolled back to the first firmware and nothing.

I am re-upping it and sending it back otherwise.
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-7 11:55
Hey Ken.

I don't know if you can facilitate this but the I ordered through you and got it from Enjoy.

I only provide technical support and do not work in customer service.
Regardless, if you start and RMA it has to be done through the support link or you have to call 818-235-0789.
http://www.dji.com/support

And you would have to talk to the dealer you purchased it from to see if you can exchange it with them.
I'm sorry about that.
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-7 12:55
Just thought of this and I think I'm reaching now but do you think the tempered glass might be a problem?

I used to never use screen protectors until all of a sudden all of my iOS phones starting cracking all the time.

I would just use the RMA and send it in if the dealer cannot exchange it for you.
I wouldn't think tempered glass would cause any interference, I have it on all my devices.
2017-4-7
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-7 13:21
I would just use the RMA and send it in if the dealer cannot exchange it for you.
I wouldn't think tempered glass would cause any interference, I have it on all my devices.

Grasping at straws.

I am just going to send it in just to be safe because Ive been sitting on the label for 2 days and I don't want to have them reject it.

It was kind of you to help me figure it out.  Some very intelligent people couldn't figure out what the hell was happening.

At the end of the day, I'll find out and it will probably be my fault. Thanks. You guys (the techs) here at the forum are the best support next to my friends that work for DJI which I am lucky enough to have a couple.

To go and break out your bird and devices and try and replicate it and all that is super nice and does not AT ALL go unnoticed by me.  THANKS!

Adam
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-7 13:29
Grasping at straws.

I am just going to send it in just to be safe because Ive been sitting on the label for 2 days and I don't want to have them reject it.

No problem at all, and that's what we're here for.
As long as you've tried different devices and all cannot do Follow Me or reset the home point to your location then it very well may be the RC. I'm not a repair tech so I'm not sure.
It will get sorted out though.
Have a great weekend.
2017-4-7
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-7 07:40
You're right; You're definitely not the only one having this issue. I've never had a problem myself, but I've read many have (seemingly more on iPhones).

Now, I'm definitely not trying to attack you, and I appreciate all the testing and troubleshooting you've been doing, so try not to get defensive about this, but... I'm also struggling to see how this could be a fault of the transmitter. Unless we're getting confused in our terminology here... By 'transmitter' it sounds like you're referring to the RC, which to me sounds like an unlikely culprit. So what exactly do you mean when you say the problem is in the transmitter?

"I think we all agree that for Follow Me and HP to work the app needs to get the GPS co-ordinates from the phone's Location Services, and then it sends those co-ordinates to the Mavic, right? The app presumably also asks the phone's Location Services for a "signal quality" before it trusts the given co-ordinates and sends them to the Mavic. One theory I have is that perhaps the threshold is set too high, or that it's somehow misreading the signal quality level for some reason in certain software/hardware configs."

Yes that sounds like a perfectly reasonable and logical theory as to what might be going on. Also agree that anecdotally from forum reports, it seems more prevelant on iPhones.

2017-4-8
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-7 09:39
I am not being defensive. I am trying to explain because people that don't seem to understand how this works are making claims that make no sense. I am not directing that to you.

It is REAL simple and I will explain short and concise with this preamble:  I have been working with including building birds for many years including ones with GPS receivers and transmitters in both directions which all of the latest DJI products have. Now I will break it down real simple and you will all just have to trust that I know what I am doing on the phones (with the diagnostics on the GPS and how to set GPS on an Android phone which one person was telling me how to do. I laugh at this stuff because if you actually knew how much diagnostics I went through, that is like asking someone that knows how to fix an engine from the inside out, did you check the tire pressure first?).

ArtistFirst,

I just love this comment you said :
"If I owned this bird for 3 years, I would crack it open and change the transmitter"
loll -- sorry my post did not help your situation at all -- if you keep at it I'm sure your going to figure it out!  
2017-4-8
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FYI, I have the same problem with my iphone 7 plus, can't set home point to the RC. Today I tested the Mavic with ipad air 2, It worked so I investigated why not iphone 7 plus, i have found that if I hold the Rc and iphone near me then I can't set the home point to the RC, but if I hold the RC and iphone away from me, wait for few seconds then I can set the home point to the RC. When ever you see small RED circle (RC location) then you can't set home point to RC, light blue circle means RC location is set and we can set home point to the RC
Thanks
2017-4-10
Use props
Alex's Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5423 ft
United States

Has anyone been able to see if the new firmware and the new go app fix it?
2017-4-12
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

Not only has it not fixed it but it's doing it on my other P4 which it wasn't previously doing it on once I was forced to update it.

To say I'm frustrated would be understated. I've turned to going back to DIY freestyle and haven't touched my enthusiast quads. I use my gear for gigs when needed and I have put off ordering an I2 fully decked because this is BY FAR the longest an isssue has lingered by DJI.

If it's a phone isssue, it wasn't before. Mavic I never had working but my P4 went bad. That's when I gave up faith.
2017-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules