Phantom 2 Vision Plus Gimbal problem
5601 11 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matthijsslot
lvl.1

Netherlands

I've a Gimbal problem with my Phantom 2 Vision + V3.

There seems to be a noise and vibration coming from the base gimbal motor. The gimbal is not working now, but the camera still works. I already ordered a " Phantom 2 Vision Plus Gimbal Ribbon Cable " and replaced it, but unfortunately I've still the same issue. I also checked the 3 plugs on the top of the mount and I did a Basic and Advance IMU calibration.

See also http://youtu.be/mnWfp3B_V-Y what my problem is.

I've this problem since a crash some weeks ago, had to bend the gimbal a bit. Does anyone have any idea what is going on with my gimbal?

Thanks in advance

2015-3-3
Use props
matthijsslot
lvl.1

Netherlands

Anyone? DJI?
2015-3-5
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

likely your ribbon cable is damaged,  inspect closely for scrapes, cracks and/or punctures especially on the bottom bend.
2015-3-5
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

If all is not "square" with the gimbal then it may cause issues with the control system.  There are inertial sensors and potentiometer both which are used to judge the position of the gimbal.  If due to bending, shaft rotation etc. the alignment is off you may experience vibration or poor control of the gimbal. There is also a set screw on the shaft that holds the camera and if this is loos or sheared due to accident this can definitely cause vibration.  There are a number of videos online regarding repair of some common issues with the gimbal.
2015-3-5
Use props
matthijsslot
lvl.1

Netherlands

I'm going to re-assemble the Gimball this week, let's see what happens.
2015-3-12
Use props
matthijsslot
lvl.1

Netherlands

Last weekend I've re-assemble the Gimball without success. Still got the same problem as before. I've checked the motors, sensors and cables nothing is damaged. What goes wrong?
2015-4-14
Use props
brzeczek
New

United States

Hope you find answer.  I have same issue.  Where did you get your replacement cable?  I see many folks having same issue.  Wondering if a bad cable?
2015-5-16
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Cable are available on eBay under Phantom 2 gimbal
2015-5-20
Use props
matthijsslot
lvl.1

Netherlands

brzeczek@bellso Posted at 2015-5-17 10:07
Hope you find answer.  I have same issue.  Where did you get your replacement cable?  I see many fol ...

Hi please, let me/us know if it fixed the problem. I'm still not able to fix it. Maybe I've to replace the sensors from the Gimball
2015-6-9
Use props
Neurodog
New

Canada

matthijsslot@ho Posted at 2015-6-9 19:48
Hi please, let me/us know if it fixed the problem. I'm still not able to fix it. Maybe I've to rep ...

Same issue here also...since April 2015.

Shaft is good, cable looks fine.

I'm wondering if a power cable got pinched and is not providing enough power to the gimbal motor?
Also to note that the gimbal motors get a little warm after about 5 minutes.

Hope someone figures this one.
2015-6-20
Use props
twacthomas
New

United States

Are you sure the camera did not separate from the shaft? Mine did and I did not realize it as it did not fall compleatly off, the magnets in the final gimbal motor held it on just enough that I had to pull just a bit to free it. It is not a hard fix with some epoxy to the shaft only problem I had was the horizon alignment is off a bit but the gimble responds good
2015-6-22
Use props
roberttilbury
New

Australia

I got a bit sick of the camera being fragile so i took off the camera and left the top plate so i get all telemetry on the phone ,,, i get all the satellites battery info gps everything except the camera so i stuck a go pro on there and bang ,,, if i crash the worst thing now ,,,, scratches
the gps also capture sound ,,
2015-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules