Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-6 14:47
Anyone using the BETA firmaware know where the SAFE RETURN HOME switch is. I can't seem to find it in the Beta software and it's driving me crazy...thank..

Hi Brian. Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. You're referring to the beta firmware for the P4P itself, right? The safe RTH function is a feature you control via the DJI GO app (under Advanced Settings from memory),  but I don't think you see the option unless you're connected to the P4P.
But we're at risk of becoming off topic...
2017-6-6
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-6 16:16
Hi Brian. Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. You're referring to the beta firmware for the P4P itself, right? The safe RTH function is a feature you control via the DJI GO app (under Advanced Settings from memory),  but I don't think you see the option unless you're connected to the P4P.

Correct the toggle to turn off and on in the app is not there in the Beta firmware.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Michael Stoute Posted at 2017-6-6 14:17
No, Still no beta update in my dji assistant account ()

The official firmware will be released soon, please wait patiently and upgrade it again, thank you very much!
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-6-6 11:26
I tried a refresh but nothing appeared as an update :-(

The official firmware will be released soon, please wait patiently then upgrade it again, thank you very much!
2017-6-7
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-7
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-6 16:16

Here you can see...Anyone else running the beta care to see if it's gone on your bird too?
2017-6-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-7 16:10
Here you can see...Anyone else running the beta care to see if it's gone on your bird too?[view_image]

Ah, I see now Brian - Thanks.
Interesting. I haven't noted that. I'll check when I'm home and update this post.
2017-6-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

As noted on another thread, firmware 1.04.0602 for the P4P is now documented as released (today) on the P4P's download page. This includes the beta horizon fix.

Now for the equivalent for the P4...
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Montymelon Posted at 2017-6-7 09:19
Natalia- I suppose DJI's conception of "soon" is different from most customers' definition of the word "soon"? It is June 7 (the beta was dated April 19) and it has been multiple days since you said it would be released "soon". It still isn't released. 3 weeks ago, DJI-Ken said in a different online forum that it would be "soon". Still nothing.

It has been released, sorry to have kept you waiting.
Please upgrade it at your most convenience, then keep up posted for the performance, thanks.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Here you can see...Anyone else running the beta care to see if it's gone on your bird too?[view_image]

Have you tried to upgrade the official firmware which was just released then check again?
2017-6-8
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-8 19:11
Have you tried to upgrade the official firmware which was just released then check again?

Yes and it's gone others are confirming. Can you find out why they removed this? Leaving it on can pose problems...

2017-6-8
Use props
Bobster999
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170492 ft
United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-8 21:41
Yes and it's gone others are confirming. Can you find out why they removed this? Leaving it on can pose problems...

[view_image]

why don't you just press return to home on the remote control when it says on screen its low on battery?
2017-6-9
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-9
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bobster999 Posted at 2017-6-9 05:20
why don't you just press return to home on the remote control when it says on screen its low on battery?

Not the same thing.
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We've reported your feedback to the engineers, will get back to your once I hear from them.
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Montymelon Posted at 2017-6-9 05:26
3 issues:
(1) the gimbal adjust doesn't work properly. As Brian stated, this affects things like the gimbal reset in Litchi.
(2) the smart RTH option, as noted, has disappeared. It seems like it is a disappeared setting and "always on". This causes issues when flying waypoint missions.

Thank you for your feedback.
1. The adjustment is effective, the different from the previous firmware is that the gimbal will move more slowly when adjusting the roll.
2. I've reported it to the engineers, will let you know if I get the info from them.
3. Please help confirm what mobile device you're using for aircraft, the original video is fine, right? Could you please upload the cached video to us for further evaluation?
Thank you very much!
2017-6-9
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-9
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montymelon Posted at 2017-6-9 22:01
Natalia- the original video is fine. It is my live feed. I am on an iPhone 7 plus. I have done extensive tests, re-linking the RC, etc. My feed is now absolutely horrible. It does help to select a manual channel in 5.8, but they DEFINITELY changed some stuff in the RC.

My flight experience, DJI, is now close to ruined. Horrible QA before this release and obviously completely minimal changelogs. I will provide video later, but it is laggy, it freezes, it disconnects, etc. before this update it was PERFECT.

Kind of like 1 step ahead 3 steps back. They made inroads with the Tilted Horizon and that's MAJOR but why take stuff away that worked find like Smart RTH. I've been using that since Phantom 3. I'm wondering if they even realize it's gone. I reported it to the Beta team when still in beta and i've emailed support back and forth and they don't seem to know either.
2017-6-9
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248169 ft
Finland

With new firmware horizon level looks like this
2017-6-9
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-11
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don't know montymelon keeps complaining he doesn't even have a drone.....
2017-6-11
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-11
Use props
Alxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84350 ft
Switzerland

Could the original topic be discussed? Did the new firmware help with horizon tilt? The issues with the new firmware are discussed in another topic.
The tilted horizon is an old issue - look in YouTube, pretty much every review of any DJI drone has this issue at least in one video sequence, right during proclamation of the greatness of DJI. I really would like to hear that it is fixed.
The rest of the issues brought by the new firmware will be corrected, I believe.
2017-6-11
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-11
Use props
Alxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84350 ft
Switzerland

Montymelon Posted at 2017-6-11 13:54
The firmware did help the horizon- just as it did in the beta. Now the reception/live feed sucks and RTH initiated during waypoint missions.

The video of Jubba31 show otherwise, how could it be than that it is fixed?Is reception a problem only in 5.8ghz or in 2.4 as well?
2017-6-11
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The jury is still out for me. Took my P4P away for some Dam videoing. Reception on 2.4 remained good except for one breakup when it was on the other side (understandable). But horizon did not stay level. From what I noted it was no better than previously - but then I never had the extreme issues reported by some.
2017-6-11
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-11
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-8 21:41

[view_image]

Just to verify, you use DJI GO 4 but not a third party APP?
Please help us confirm the APP version for two pictures you uploaded above, thanks.
2017-6-12
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-12
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-6-12 03:42
Hi Ron Harper.  Sorry to see you're having issues.

That explains a lot.
2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-6-12 03:42
Hi Ron Harper.  Sorry to see you're having issues.

No issues on my end, Mike.
2017-6-12
Use props
Montymelon
Banned

United States

2017-6-12
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stop harassing Hallmark007 on these forums.   I've asked you 1 time now and I'll have to report you if you continue.  Please leave him alone now.
2017-6-12
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-12 01:29
Just to verify, you use DJI GO 4 but not a third party APP?
Please help us confirm the APP version for two pictures you uploaded above, thanks.

It is the app update that seems to have caused this. Someone else researched..here are the images that show it there in old app version and gone in new.

2017-6-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

betonven Posted at 2017-4-24 14:29
Put it in the fridge???  Is that for real???

I've already done all updates since the unboxing. Are you suggesting to downgrade?

Not advisable to put your drone in a fridge. Why not just let the drone cool off naturally?
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-12 07:30
It is the app update that seems to have caused this. Someone else researched..here are the images that show it there in old app version and gone in new.

https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201706/12/062755a3ofrxr6qa2o3f8r.jpg[/img]

We have confirmed this situation with engineers, the option has been removed after upgrading the latest APP, the smart RTH is always enabled by default.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules