21516 298 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Commodon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347677 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-24 14:21
Put the drone in a cool place outside at night for 30 minutes  or if you are in a warm area stick in the the fridge.
Take out, fire up DO NOT UPDATE,  stay away from any metal etc., do the IMU on a 100% leveled surface. then shut/ restart and again DO NOT UPDATE, then do the AUTO Gimbal Calibration. Shut / restart and do the upgrade.

Never, never, never put a warm drone in the fridge! If you do this, it will lead to creating condensation inside the unit when you remove it from the fridge.

Instead, power the drone off, remove the battery and leave it sitting in the shade for thirty minutes if you're outside.

After the drone has cooled off, locate a flat, level surface, insert the battery, power it up and calibrate the IMU.

Note I strongly recommend using a level to ensure the surface is level.
2017-6-13
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-13 04:40
We have confirmed this situation with engineers, the option has been removed after upgrading the latest APP, the smart RTH is always enabled by default.

Well that's a shame because it ruined flying for me. You cannot do Waypoint Missions and you have to constantly deal with FALSE RTH requests at 55% battery 2000 feet away.

Any reason they did this only on the P4P and no other birds?
2017-6-13
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-13 10:31
Well that's a shame because it ruined flying for me. You cannot do Waypoint Missions and you have to constantly deal with FALSE RTH requests at 55% battery 2000 feet away.

Any reason they did this only on the P4P and no other birds?

Can also add that Smart RTH calculates your return home time needed based on the RTH speed....we all know that you can usually fly home much faster... #FLAWED
2017-6-13
Use props
Stach23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 721795 ft
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-13 13:21
Can also add that Smart RTH calculates your return home time needed based on the RTH speed....we all know that you can usually fly home much faster... #FLAWED

Is anybody else concerned that they may suffer a sudden cardiac event if DJI actually DOES release new firmware....
2017-6-14
Use props
J. Reddington
New

United States

We have confirmed this situation with engineers, the option has been removed after upgrading the latest APP, the smart RTH is always enabled by default.

Natalia- can you please add me to the growing list of people who want the ability to turn off the Smart RTH- just as it was prior to this update? And please explain to them that there are problems with the live video feed as well after this update.
2017-6-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Commodon Posted at 2017-6-13 06:58
Never, never, never put a warm drone in the fridge! If you do this, it will lead to creating condensation inside the unit when you remove it from the fridge.

Instead, power the drone off, remove the battery and leave it sitting in the shade for thirty minutes if you're outside.

I hope they have common sense NOT to put a warm drone and battery in the fridge.

If the temperature is NOT cold outside (like you are in NEVADA or MIAMI) then stick the drone in the fridge  to cool it.
2017-6-14
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is why some of us need to turn off Smart RTH. You will see me filming a barge, RTH kicks in bird turns, I cancel and turn back but too late SHOT RUINED!!! This is just one of MANY issues.

Smart RTH Ruins Shot
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

J. Reddington Posted at 2017-6-14 14:25
Natalia- can you please add me to the growing list of people who want the ability to turn off the Smart RTH- just as it was prior to this update? And please explain to them that there are problems with the live video feed as well after this update.

I have reported your concern to the engineers, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-14 22:04
This is why some of us need to turn off Smart RTH. You will see me filming a barge, RTH kicks in bird turns, I cancel and turn back but too late SHOT RUINED!!! This is just one of MANY issues.

Smart RTH Ruins Shot

I do understand that and have reported this feedback to the engineers again, hope the option would be back.
2017-6-15
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-15 04:07
I do understand that and have reported this feedback to the engineers again, hope the option would be back.

Thanks...appreciate the effort.
2017-6-15
Use props
J. Reddington
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-15 04:07

Thank you Natalia for your effort in helping get this resolved.
2017-6-15
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My question is why DJI removed the feature. I try to understand the intent behind it.
The only reason I can think off is that too many people underestimate RTH since this feature does not take wind into account, resulting in drones not to make it home.
Unfortunately DJI throws changes at us and we have to swallow them. They could avoid a lot of anger if they make consumers understand the changes.

2017-6-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-14 22:04

Smart RTH Ruins Shot

Sorry we're not able to access to the link you provided.
Would you please upload it again to Dropbox? Thank you very much for that.
2017-6-18
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-18 18:48
Sorry we're not able to access to the link you provided.
Would you please upload it again to Dropbox? Thank you very much for that.

Here ya go - I've since had this happen a few times..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8hphoe35diacl4/DJI_0012.MP4?dl=0
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-18 19:26

Thank you very much, I have forwarded it to the engineers, will get back to you once I hear from them.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-18 19:26

Just to verify, it happened under waypoint mode or normal mode?
It triggered RTH directly or you could see a message popping up on APP asking you to confirm it then count down to 10 seconds?
2017-6-19
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-19 00:45
Just to verify, it happened under waypoint mode or normal mode?
It triggered RTH directly or you could see a message popping up on APP asking you to confirm it then count down to 10 seconds?

It was in normal mode...It can't be canceled until RTH starts or it keeps popping up...Once RTH starts I cancel but again in the middle of a shot it's quire disrupting...Yesterday I had a Smart RTH 2000 feet away at 41% battery. I let it do its thing, it returned to home at 20 miles per hour and landed with 35% battery....
2017-6-19
Use props
JerryLutor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108944 ft
Ukraine

Horizon tilt fixed in new firmware for DJI Phantom 4?
2017-7-6
Use props
fansb051060d
lvl.1

United States

Yes and Smart RTH PERMANENTLY turned on. Video feed also bad. DJI made it worse. Typical no quality control.
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules