123Next >
17022 86 2015-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-10 04:00
I tried to be smart this morning and started calling California just before 9am PST. I was literally ...

Sounds good! In my opinion, when I get back my Inspire, I'm only going to fly it indoors until the whole GPS drop out problem is fixed. I remember that it happened to me a few times but not when my accident happened. It shouldn't be long now until another firmware version comes out and fixes this issue. DJI is a big company and they don't want a lot of hassle, so I'm sure they are working on it.
2015-3-9
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Unfortunately mountmotor, my unit crapped out indoors. Because of all the reports of Inspire 1's flying away outdoors, I didn't want to take the chance. I tried it indoors, only two flights in a large school gym and on the second one, any input was not being recognised so it drifted into the wall and crashed on a rubberized floor. It happened when I tried raising the gear. That too didn't work, but it took off on me. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

I wonder if there is a safe way to attach a tether. Something like a line attached at two ends, with a ring on it, then attach that to the inspire somehow. Any thoughts?
2015-3-9
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Wow, even indoors?!?!?!?!?! That's scary, I haven't flown mine in doors yet... The tether sounds like a good idea, but the whole point of a drone is for no restrictions...anybody can tie a camera on string and slide it like a zipline. What were your damages? Is there anyway to private message you? Can you email me at mountmotor@gmail.com? Thanks man!
2015-3-9
Use props
jacie6056
lvl.2

United States

The customer server is really really horrible. I send my inspire 1 to repair and also checked in at 02/24. After a long series of emails contact, they just reply with a SOP answer. The most unhappy thing is there is a agent who even just copy paste the text message from the previous e-mail of the other agent. Every time I ask a question about what is going on on the unit. They just can not reply me the questions I asked and do not want to tell about the latest upadte. I really don't know why.
2015-3-9
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12238 ft
Germany

Good in Europe it's a bit better!

I had a serious crash with mine, result a broken arm an camera / gimbal. This is the timeline of the repair of mine I1.

27/2 sent it to DJI Germany
3/3 Inspire delivered to DJI
9/3 Finished repairing

They only have to sent it back to the dealer where I bougt it.

The repair was warranty! At least that is what the helpdesk told me.
2015-3-10
Use props
Goodwill
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

So repair process has been a bit of a pain for me coming from Canada. Since there are no authorized service centres in Canada, I have to ship it to the states which causes a ton of problems. Shipping through FedEx was about $170 bucks with ground, and then it got delayed in customs, and I have to pay a brokerage fee of $65 so it can enter the states. My Inspire hasn't even reached DJI yet so my 3-4 weeks hasn't even started.
2015-3-10
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.2
Netherlands

WTF 235 USD, and then also the cost for the repair. Unbelievable!
2015-3-10
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

bolwerk.arnold Posted at 2015-3-11 02:18
WTF 235 USD, and then also the cost for the repair. Unbelievable!

My unit was received on 3/3 by DJI LA
Finally got an update from them telling me they had it on 3/11
Right now it's "RI Shelf" in it's repair queue position..
I'm not sure what RI means but hopefully something good.

It also says invoice needed: "No" so hopefully it is covered by warranty like I emphasized from the beginning.

Have faith people, I'm sure if they had 50 repair people it would be great but its just unrealistic.
2015-3-18
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

It's been 7.5 days since they received my camera/gimbal only and I have not heard a peep nor received an email. there also has been no update on the zendesk ticket status. At least I can fly with no camera, but I do miss the overall fun of getting awesome footage too.
2015-3-19
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.2
Netherlands

WoW, today I called the dealer about the I1 of mine,  sending it from DJI GERMANY to the Netherlands took more then 10 days . Dealer called DJI, the said it was delivered at the dealers store. They could not find it........................

At the and of the day I recieved an e-mail from my dealer............. A brand new I1 is sent to me   Hope that it will be there tomorow or saterday....  That is what I call service, no questions but dealing with the problem!
2015-3-19
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

benjaminsink@ho Posted at 2015-3-19 06:50
My unit was received on 3/3 by DJI LA
Finally got an update from them telling me they had it on 3/ ...

Yeah mine also says the same, except the que for mine says: AR1 D. I think the D stands for Diagnostics. But I have no idea what it means. The day before, the que said: PL, which means pro line. What did you send your Inspire 1 for? What kind of repairs?
2015-3-19
Use props
nathanroseny
lvl.1

United States

Over 45 days 470$ no crash.
2015-4-23
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

nathanroseny Posted at 2015-4-24 09:07
Over 45 days 470$ no crash.

what was issue which cost $470 took 45 days wasn't a crash?
2015-4-23
Use props
iuliant
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86070 ft
Romania

damn man, i purchased a new Phantom 4 in Romania and it has an issue with the camera threading, not a single damn P4 filter matching.. so i took it back to the dealer and they sent it in the closest DJI service, in Germany.. Took the drone to the dealer in 2016/09/06, DJI received the drone in 2016/09/08 and gave the 'Repair cost assessed and quoted' status in 2016/09/09. Nice, till here though. From this point i know nothing about my drone and same status is returned when i search on DJI support page for the case no. so today it's almost 2 weeks from last status, wondering how long this would take..

DJI, you have failed me.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

iuliant Posted at 2016-9-22 14:32
damn man, i purchased a new Phantom 4 in Romania and it has an issue with the camera threading, not  ...

Could you please get the RMA number from the dealer in order to better follow up?
2016-9-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

about two weeks, check out my thread

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=60733

Rich
2016-9-22
Use props
iuliant
lvl.1
Romania

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-23 07:12
Could you please get the RMA number from the dealer in order to better follow up?

sorry for the late reply Jamie,

I got the tracking number from the dealer store: 160901TZ8-5472 . It's been almost three weeks since the drone is in service

Thank you!
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

iuliant Posted at 2016-9-27 19:21
sorry for the late reply Jamie,

I got the tracking number from the dealer store: 160901TZ8-5472 . ...

Thanks for supplying this information. I'll let you know what I can find.
2016-9-27
Use props
iuliant
lvl.1
Romania

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-27 19:12
Thanks for supplying this information. I'll let you know what I can find.

so, any updates since a week ago? this customer care service it's obviously  a joke man...
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

iuliant Posted at 2016-10-4 22:42
so, any updates since a week ago? this customer care service it's obviously  a joke man...

I apologize for the late response. Based on what I was able to find out, there has been a delay in your service due to a back order of parts. Since they do not have your contact information, the Europe Support team is not able to relay this to you directly. Your dealer would have been provided with this information as well, and should be keeping you in the loop as to what's going on. If you wish to continue to receive updates directly, you can use the RMA number you have and send an email to support.europe@dji.com to request a status update. That way, they can have your direct information on file and communication would no longer be an issue.
2016-10-4
Use props
iuliant
lvl.1
Romania

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-4 20:08
I apologize for the late response. Based on what I was able to find out, there has been a delay in ...

Thanks Jamie, i wrote to them because it's been another week and my case has the same status unfortunately
2016-10-10
Use props
larry.pittman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1250 ft
United States

I had crash damage repaired about a month ago. I was very pleasantly surprised. The CA repair facility telephone rep walked me through the process including that they would be emailing a shipping label a d then step by step of what I should expect.  And, everything happened exactly as they set expectations for. The repair was approximately three weeks door to door. With the many comments on-line, I was afraid that I would be waiting months for the drone to be returned.  I was very happy with the performance of the CA repair facility. The only thing that would have been better for me is if I could have dropped off the drone instead of shipping it.  But that was a minor issue.
2016-10-10
Use props
Steve K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2067 ft

Hi, I also live in LA and sent mine to the same location in last Aug. It was only for software issue (no mechanical repairs) but it took about 3 weeks. Funny thing was, they never mentioned what went wrong although I repeatedly asked the question.
2016-10-10
Use props
fans1368ef0e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21880 ft
United States

I to have sent my Phantom 4 into the Carson facility. According to UPS they received it on Tuesday. Today is Thursday and according to my repair progress they have not received it yet. I do have crash damage, hopefull it is just the body plastic. I would sure like it back by the middle of April as i am taking a trip to the Sierra Mountains and would love to have it to take. I'm thinking my repairs will cost about $4.00 in Material and $300 in labor. We will see.
2017-3-16
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

budnikasr Posted at 2015-3-4 18:48
My Inspire 1 was received by DJI in California on 18-February-2015 / 10:24 AM. Then on February 24, 2015 16:05 I received an email letting me know that it was "Checked In" to their zendesk database and that it will be approximately 3-4 weeks for the repair. On February 25, 2015 13:32, I emailed them to question the amount of time it would take. On February 25, 2015 19:02 I received a reply indicating that it would be less than 3-4 weeks as the email I received was a typo. Really, a typo? Yesterday, March 3, 2015 14:14, I emailed again, being polite asking for an update. No response. I have now asked my Dealer to get involved. I've never experienced such poor customer service on a $4,000 item. DJI is not a state of the art company. They certainly act like a toy company. What does eveyone else think?

From Asia, if we send to Shenzhen, two weeks tops.
Had three repairs.
All good.
Maybe US sites are overwhelmed.
2017-3-16
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

ra,unisex_tshirt,x3104,101010-01c5ca27c6,front-c,650,630,900,975-bg,f8f8f8.u1.jpg
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans1368ef0e Posted at 2017-3-16 14:10
I to have sent my Phantom 4 into the Carson facility. According to UPS they received it on Tuesday. Today is Thursday and according to my repair progress they have not received it yet. I do have crash damage, hopefull it is just the body plastic. I would sure like it back by the middle of April as i am taking a trip to the Sierra Mountains and would love to have it to take. I'm thinking my repairs will cost about $4.00 in Material and $300 in labor. We will see.

Could you happen to provide your case number so I can follow up? There have been some delays due to a small backlog in check in, so you should be seeing progress soon enough.
2017-3-17
Use props
fans66d1984b
New

Canada

Has anyone sent in their drone for GIMBAL problem? Long story short my gimbal doesn't want to tilt anymore, its more delayed than anything. haven't crashed it either. i think it may be a software issue because i have calibrated the gimbal multiple times and nothing seems to be working.

And also i got my shipping labels and other stuff sent to me from a DJI rep on the phone, she was so quick and fast it was amazing, anyways i went to UPS and they said the shipping label was already paid for? I only have the standard 1 year warranty and thats up in July so i don't know if its covered or what, or if they'll bill me after further evaluation.
2017-3-23
Use props
Coachbob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21880 ft
United States

3 weeks from when I sent it to when I got it back. I live very close the the repair facility though.
2017-4-3
Use props
mercury451
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108743 ft
United States

mine has been in over a month.  AND...they wouldn't let me use my Refresh.  Repair is very poor and seemingly scattered in my experience.
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans66d1984b Posted at 2017-3-23 07:43
Has anyone sent in their drone for GIMBAL problem? Long story short my gimbal doesn't want to tilt anymore, its more delayed than anything. haven't crashed it either. i think it may be a software issue because i have calibrated the gimbal multiple times and nothing seems to be working.

And also i got my shipping labels and other stuff sent to me from a DJI rep on the phone, she was so quick and fast it was amazing, anyways i went to UPS and they said the shipping label was already paid for? I only have the standard 1 year warranty and thats up in July so i don't know if its covered or what, or if they'll bill me after further evaluation.

The warranty timeframe is based on the part itself, here's a link to the individual warranty periods:

http://www.dji.com/service/policy

I don't know if there's anything special for Canada, but the link above gives you the gist. Should the gimbal be out of warranty, they would send you an invoice prior to repairing it, so that you can decide whether or not you want to move forward. There is actually a basic pricing chart available that you can use to get a general idea in case it's not covered:

https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mercury451 Posted at 2017-4-3 21:07
mine has been in over a month.  AND...they wouldn't let me use my Refresh.  Repair is very poor and seemingly scattered in my experience.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, is this regarding CAS-450059-H7D0W7?
2017-4-4
Use props
mercury451
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108743 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-4 16:32
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, is this regarding CAS-450059-H7D0W7?

yes.  I finally got it today but it won't connect to my controller.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mercury451 Posted at 2017-4-5 18:11

If you haven't already, try the following button combinations to ensure everything is communicating properly:

Reset the RC of presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

If this does not help establish connectivity, you can either start a new thread or PM me for more assistance.
2017-4-6
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

mercury451 Posted at 2017-4-5 18:11

Make sure you are on compatible FW between AC and RC .  If you are not on compatible .... linking wont work .

Have you already tried linking the two ???  If you have tried and it says "check frequency " then you know you are NOT on compatible FW.  I dont remeber the exact phrase but it is close to what I   aid , it is "Frequency" something or other , bottom line is not a good match .

donnie
2017-4-7
Use props
fans4e4660cb
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hello I appreciate if any DJI customer service can respond to this inquiry for me please?  My DJI Osmo mobile failed to started.  I sent it in on 7/15/15 and DJI received it on 7/18/17, verified on t/20/17 and I haven't heard any update since.  Please let me know the status and when do I expect to get it back.  My Case Number:  CAS-789999-Y0J7Z4
Thank you
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans4e4660cb Posted at 2017-7-30 12:34
Hello I appreciate if any DJI customer service can respond to this inquiry for me please?  My DJI Osmo mobile failed to started.  I sent it in on 7/15/15 and DJI received it on 7/18/17, verified on t/20/17 and I haven't heard any update since.  Please let me know the status and when do I expect to get it back.  My Case Number:  CAS-789999-Y0J7Z4
Thank you

I'm sorry that I just saw your update, you can open a new thread if you need our assistance.
I've checked the status that the package was just recorded in our system. It's conducting damage assessment at the moment, it will take several days to send you the quotation, please wait patiently.
If the process later is delayed again, please ''Reply'' to me directly or create a new thread, I will reply your message in time.
2017-8-2
Use props
martin_bogo
lvl.1
United States

I'm in Texas -- I send in an Inspire 2 for repair on May 24th, and got it back June 11th.    Fairly good turn-around time.
2017-8-2
Use props
fans4e4660cb
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 03:08
I'm sorry that I just saw your update, you can open a new thread if you need our assistance.
I've checked the status that the package was just recorded in our system. It's conducting damage assessment at the moment, it will take several days to send you the quotation, please wait patiently.
If the process later is delayed again, please ''Reply'' to me directly or create a new thread, I will reply your message in time.

I just send you a message with my case numbers ( 2 cases now). I appreciate if you could take a prompt attention to it.
Thanks
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans4e4660cb Posted at 2017-8-18 23:53
I just send you a message with my case numbers ( 2 cases now). I appreciate if you could take a prompt attention to it.
Thanks

We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, I've seen Diana has replied your post in another thread and the case has been escalated to local team to follow up and take care.
Apologize again for the trouble caused. Hope you will get it back very soon.
2017-8-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules