8337 171 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Socalrob Posted at 2017-5-10 05:58
I received my mavic early December last year and have done every app and fw update including 700 with no problems. I've used my lg V20 phone but the last 2 fw updates on my ipad mini 4. I've been wondering if most of these fw update problem s are newer mavic s or also older ones.

Good point Socalrob...

My mavic was from the 1st batches from Sept.

Maybe guys you can add the date of receiving the MP to the post.
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

carlosbsantana Posted at 2017-5-10 06:49
I experienced this yesterday but didnt know it was a FW issue. first time flying indoors to get a shot coming out of a balcony and I receive the warning. Luckily it was the last shot I was going to get with that battery and I turned it off to switch them, so I guess by restarting I wouldnt have had any issues

Keeps us updated with when you purchased, type of tablet/phone/OS/WIFI or 3G etc.
2017-5-10
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-5-10 06:53
Good point Socalrob...

I had my MAVIC since Sept.

"I had my MAVIC since Sept. "

You must be special.  Pre-orders started September 28.
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-5-10 07:19
"I had my MAVIC since Sept. "

You must be special.  Pre-orders started September 28.

It is NOT magic that is when I ordered it. So it was with the Sept batches.! I even edited the previous post so you don't be jealous of my MP magic powers
2017-5-10
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-5-10 07:22
It is NOT magic that is when I ordered it. So it was with the Sept batches.! I even edited the previous post so you don't be jealous of my MP magic powers

So was mine.  I didn't actually HAVE the Mavic until November 10.
2017-5-10
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

dronist Posted at 2017-5-10 07:10
Keeps us updated with when you purchased, type of tablet/phone/OS/WIFI or 3G etc.

according to my SN my Mavic was made on feb 4th.
iPhone 6s Plus on 10.2.1
LTE
DjI Go App 4.0.8
Mavic on previous FW, have not updated.

I cant find when the warning showed up on my flight records... I remember it being about the RTH route being through a NFZ
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-5-10 07:29
So was mine.  I didn't actually HAVE the Mavic until November 10.

I guess, this guy has more MAGIC power he got it in Sept...    

2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

carlosbsantana Posted at 2017-5-10 07:31
iPhone 6s Plus on 10.2.1
LTE

Good to know!
2017-5-10
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-5-10 07:46
I guess, this guy has more MAGIC power he got it in Sept...   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i9Uo_szlqU

Not sure how this is relevant.  There were a number of YouTubers who were given early Mavics in return for their reviews.  But not you.
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-5-10 08:01
Not sure how this is relevant.  There were a number of YouTubers who were given early Mavics in return for their reviews.  But not you.

BTW did you upgrade to .700?? Did you had any issues???

I Replied to your post:

"You must be special.  Pre-orders started September 28."

So I pointed to you that other people had the MAVIC before or during Sept and I said that I corrected my post here it is again so maybe NOW you can sleep better tonight ...

Read my corrected post again.

"My Mavic was from the 1st batches from Sept."

Carlosbsantana MAVIC from Sept.  batches too.

2017-5-10
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

dronist Posted at 2017-5-10 08:20
BTW did you upgrade to .700?? Did you had any issues???

I Replied to your post:

Hope you have time for a question, I have never upgraded before due to a lot of reasons i'm using "your" method at the moment with Iphone 6S and so forth. Do you do a IMU calibration afterwards or?

2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-5-10 08:40
Hope you have time for a question, I have never upgraded before due to a lot of reasons i'm using "your" method at the moment with Iphone 6S and so forth. Do you do a IMU calibration afterwards or?

Flybee,

Of course,...I only did IMU and Compass calibration when I received the new MAVIC.I did that with every drone I reveived. I DO NOT update. I do COLD IMU,  put unit outside if it is cold or in the frigde in warm weather for about 1/2 hour. Then I do compass calibration, then Auto Gimball calibration and LAST thing I do is do the UPDATE. This is for new unit.

Existing unit, I only do update UNLESS the app ask me to do the IMU or Compass calibration. Important is to have 4G strong connection or FAST WIFI.
I always check, Compass and IMU and batteries reading before each flight, this is me.

Hope this help!

2017-5-10
Use props
IVAN01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559938 ft
Russia

I ordered my Mavic in February. Updating with my wife's iPad all the time via wi-fi. Bought Xiaomi Mi Max and keeping it under Android 6.01. Flying without issues with .700. EXCEPT this bloody NFZ indor.
2017-5-10
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

dronist Posted at 2017-5-10 09:06
Flybee,

Of course,...I only did IMU and Compass calibration when I received the new MAVIC.I did that with every drone I reveived. I DO NOT update. I do COLD IMU,  put unit outside if it is cold or in the frigde in warm weather for about 1/2 hour. Then I do compass calibration, then Auto Gimball calibration and LAST thing I do is do the UPDATE. This is for new unit.

Dronist, thank you very much.

Did the upgrade from the DJI GO app on IoS latest in every sense except IoS it self that has one newer version. Worked like a Charm.

I have NEVER done it on neither of them (on my second Mavic now, had the blurry issue on the first one) so I got a new one and neither of them have asked about it so then I just let it be. Got green lights on the IMU and Compass so for me that is a sign of DO NOT CHANGE.

Thanks again and happy flying
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-5-10 09:34
Dronist, thank you very much.

Did the upgrade from the DJI GO app on IoS latest in every sense except IoS it self that has one newer version. Worked like a Charm.

Allright... Then you are GOOD.  

Check the Fixed Wing MODE and let me know how you like it.

Another .700 update.
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

IVAN01 Posted at 2017-5-10 09:12
I ordered my Mavic in February. Updating with my wife's iPad all the time via wi-fi. Bought Xiaomi Mi Max and keeping it under Android 6.01. Flying without issues with .700. EXCEPT this bloody NFZ indor.

Ivan, Thx for sharing!

After I read your post. I went down to the basement to try to see if I get the NFZ thing. (BTW, I never flew or fly indoors only for you man...)

I turned on everything. I goT the warning I am flying in ATTI no GPS warning. Then top left became GREEN and the READY TO GO NO GPS. I took off it said FLYING VISION mode.

So again, NO NFZ warning and I was able to start the AC/ TAKE OFF/ and fly around and It was only 3 STATS LOCK.

I am using  IP6S+ with IOS 10.3.1

2017-5-10
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Finally I got my update working!

Today I made some test-flights and wanted to turn off the anoying battery-warn *beeping*. I didn't get it working. Pressed the Power-Button several times but it still bothers me. What is wrong? Do I need to activate this via DJI Go App? Everything is on FW 01.03.0700 just checked this.
2017-5-10
Use props
IVAN01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559938 ft
Russia

dronist, one more detail: If I dont have ANY GPS signal it is ok for me too. But if I have something like 2-7 satelites this NFZ @hit pops up. Try power it on near some window to get lousy gps signal. And one more thing this issue was apsent at .550 and earlier. At the same places and at tge same conditions. And btw it is independent to phones and even the presence of a phone.
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ivan

On the main floor I had 7 to 9 SATS locked and that why I went down to the basement to try it.

In the basement, I only had 3 SATS locked and I was able to run the motort andthe take off with noi NFZ message.

2017-5-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated my Mavic with the new .700 FW using the DJI assistant 2 software on a Windows 10 PC. Everything worked great for me and did a quick test flight without any problems .

Also, I was able to launch the Mavic inside my house with no GPS and the motors started no problem. Did not show NFZ or anything else and took off jus fine

Rich
2017-5-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

carlosbsantana Posted at 2017-5-10 07:31
iPhone 6s Plus on 10.2.1
LTE

Can you share with us how you figure out the date of mfg. by the serial number please.

Thanks
Rich
2017-5-10
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-5-9 13:31
Hallmark, I know it is simple and straight forward, but I don't know why so many people keep complaining that it is NOT working with them. So it must be the type of phone/tablet and or the connection they are using.

i dont believe its the devices causing the problem with the NFZ issue as i use android and ios devices and the NFZ problem exists on both of them,its definatly firmware related as the problem dosent exist on firmwares up to 550 version, it all started from 600fw i had to down graded to 550fw which works fine now waiting for dji to bring out a firmware the actualy  fixes something rather than breaking it ;)
2017-5-10
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flew a couple of times yesterday and no issues with Mavic at all. Seems great
2017-5-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-10 21:03
Can you share with us how you figure out the date of mfg. by the serial number please.

Enter the serial number on this page and it'll tell you the date it was manufactured.
2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

bomberuk Posted at 2017-5-10 21:29
i dont believe its the devices causing the problem with the NFZ issue as i use android and ios devices and the NFZ problem exists on both of them,its definatly firmware related as the problem dosent exist on firmwares up to 550 version, it all started from 600fw i had to down graded to 550fw which works fine now waiting for dji to bring out a firmware the actualy  fixes something rather than breaking it ;)

Bomberuk,

Got you! but we are trying to understand how and why. If it is software issue it would effect us all but it is NOT! So it has to be the hardware or maybe software or hardware and where you are located.
We have proven it is NOT the location because some of the users from UK, GER, CAN, FRA, AUS and US has updated with no issues.

Still it is crazy why some people still have the issue of the NFZ?

2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-10 22:13
Flew a couple of times yesterday and no issues with Mavic at all. Seems great

Very good!
2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-10 20:59
Updated my Mavic with the new .700 FW using the DJI assistant 2 software on a Windows 10 PC. Everything worked great for me and did a quick test flight without any problems .

Also, I was able to launch the Mavic inside my house with no GPS and the motors started no problem. Did not show NFZ or anything else and took off jus fine

Alright Rich... Good to hear!
2017-5-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-11 02:06
Enter the serial number on this page and it'll tell you the date it was manufactured.

Thank you for sharing this page, I was unaware of that DJI posted a serial number decoder. I wonder if they would do this for the Inspire and Phantom series as well?

I checked all my stuff, (hard to read the tiny stickers!)

Rich
2017-5-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-11 07:59
Thank you for sharing this page, I was unaware of that DJI posted a serial number decoder. I wonder if they would do this for the Inspire and Phantom series as well?

I checked all my stuff, (hard to read the tiny stickers!)

I was unaware of that DJI posted a serial number decoder.

They didn't; some folks over at MavicPilots started wondering about the serial numbers, were able to reverse engineer them and one of them set up that web site. So it's not an "official" manufacture date, but by all accounts the algorithm used to turn the serial numbers into manufacturing dates appears to be correct.
2017-5-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-11 08:09
I was unaware of that DJI posted a serial number decoder.

They didn't; some folks over at MavicPilots started wondering about the serial numbers, were able to reverse engineer them and one of them set up that web site. So it's not an "official" manufacture date, but by all accounts the algorithm used to turn the serial numbers into manufacturing dates appears to be correct.

Hi DF
I see and thank you for clarifying this for me. My Mavic was replaced and based on this serial number decoder I believe they have a great tool for us to use. My Mavic is showing March 2017 and the rest is Oct 2016. Of course DJI could change the date code, but I don't see why they would care.

I wonder if these guys could make a decoder for the other drones, Inspire 1,  Phantoms  (wouldn't that be cool)

Rich
2017-5-11
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 544222 ft
Romania

updated to .700 ..Galaxy S5, android 6 ... no problem after 2 batteries on flyght
2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tealk Posted at 2017-5-11 08:41
updated to .700 ..Galaxy S5, android 6 ... no problem after 2 batteries on flyght

Thx Tealk...

Romania is added to the mix...
2017-5-11
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-10 10:53
Finally I got my update working!

Today I made some test-flights and wanted to turn off the anoying battery-warn *beeping*. I didn't get it working. Pressed the Power-Button several times but it still bothers me. What is wrong? Do I need to activate this via DJI Go App? Everything is on FW 01.03.0700 just checked this.

Since .600:

"Added an option to turn off the remote controller low battery level warning. When battery level is less
than 15%, just press the power button on the remote controller to turn off the warning".

...and this is not in the manual.
2017-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

V_kingo Posted at 2017-5-11 09:22
Since .600:

"Added an option to turn off the remote controller low battery level warning. When battery level is less

I'm sure they will update manual soon, it's regularly updated.
2017-5-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Since .600:

Since he's using the latest firmware and apparently couldn't silence the beeping even after pressing the power button several times I suspect that he's talking about the warning for the aircraft's battery, not the one for the remote that can now be silenced by pressing the power button.
2017-5-11
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-10 21:03

Check this link
2017-5-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated to .400 a couple of months ago and everything works great, remember, if your happy with the way your mavric performs then there is nothing to be gained. The only exception was fixed wing mode, but I  can live without it....
2017-5-11
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Since .600:

Yeah... was my fault. False reading :-P
2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-10 20:59

Rich,

Great... can you post what do you use for screen, Phone/tablet/OS..

Thx
2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-5-11 14:39
I updated to .400 a couple of months ago and everything works great, remember, if your happy with the way your mavric performs then there is nothing to be gained. The only exception was fixed wing mode, but I  can live without it....

R&L,

It is true, but if you have any failures and DJI determined it happened because you did not upgrade they WILL NOT cover the warranty.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules