11610 158 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VMav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76814 ft
United States

Ron in Utah Posted at 2017-6-5 21:37
I think the problem is the go app contains all the other bloatware that should be isolated to a separate app. All the video editing stuff, music, instructional videos, owners manuals, etc.  are all in the same app. Litchi is just a ground station app, nothing more. DJI should split them into two separate apps. One that actually works for using the drone, and one that does all that other stuff you don't need while flying.

Well, Android application may contain multiple modules (like flight control, video editor, music storage, shopping cart etc.)  and there should be no problem because they don't run in parallel.
After fresh Android restart I load GO 4 app and go straight to flight control.

No, local video caching, just in case if my Android phone/tab not fast enough to write video stream same time as displaying it.  

So, GO 4 app at this point is only doing flight control and showing video stream from camera.

And yet, in 5 - 10 min. it become laggy and get finally crashed.  On my phone I can just restart it but on my tablet with better specs it will crash Android and tablet get frozen and only way out is total reboot.

I think GO 4 app is leaking memory or resources when doing video streaming and it has nothing to do with video editor module or other modules which exist in that application as well.

But you are right, for the developer it's easier to debug code when problematic module is isolated.
2017-6-7
Use props
VMav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76814 ft
United States

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-6-6 04:36
I did not vote since I am using GO4 4.0.4 on my android 4.4 phone and GO3 3.1.4 on my Samsung Tab A6 android 5.5. Still running .400 firmware too.

Yes, that's right.  I am afraid many people who just voted "never crashed" are on previous versions of firmware.

So, when voting, it would make sense to disclose firmware version as well as Android device in use and Android OS version.
2017-6-7
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Been flying 4.0.6 with Firmware .0400 for some time now with 0 crashes during flight on a Sony Xperia X Compact.

Flying details:
Note full permissions are allowed the application that it requested, location is active, but the app is fire-walled and I usually fly in airplane mode.  Maps are downloaded offline maps.
2017-6-7
Use props
fans8e7a06e5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122831 ft
France

It didn't crash at all on my android phone until .700. Since upgrade it crashes every 5-10 minutes.
2017-6-9
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

With this hot discussions about the stability of its apps. We are not hearing anything constructive from DJI to defend it's reputation and offer assurances to their customers. What the users can do to force their hands?
2017-6-9
Use props
spoonlamp_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 301506 ft
Romania

Mine hadn't crashed once until just after the latest Android updates. Since then the S7Edge gets incredibly hot very quickly and then the app starts to hang, eventually becoming unresponsive and even occasionally showing split second disconnects. I had this for all of my last 9 or 10 flights, until I lowered all the screen settings to basic on the phone. I've flown once since then (2 days ago) and while the phone did get hot the app didn't hang (although I was up about 1,100 metres into the mountains so it was generally cooler).
2017-6-9
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

I believe the latest version 4.1.0 of DJI GO 4 is more stable than the other versions.
2017-6-10
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

I believe the latest version 4.1.0 of DJI GO 4 is more stable than the other versions. This app runs without crashing on my Samsung Galaxy S8. Hope this helps...
2017-6-10
Use props
syke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106207 ft
Hong Kong

Doesn't crash on iOS.

Better to invest on an iDevice.
2017-6-10
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-6-10 10:02
I believe the latest version 4.1.0 of DJI GO 4 is more stable than the other versions. This app runs without crashing on my Samsung Galaxy S8. Hope this helps...

What version of Android are you running?
2017-6-10
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
United States

You shouldn't have to disable everything to get the app to work. It should just work, like the rest of the apps on your phone.
2017-6-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

It's beyond the processing power of an average phone since all these new models and functions are adding on top of each in a big fat program. Not a good programming practice. If you don't have the latest phone with 3 or 4G ram, you will see crashes all the time. Hence, we are dealing with stopping all unnecessary processes just to run dji app.
2017-6-10
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Ron in Utah Posted at 2017-6-10 12:39
What version of Android are you running?

The Samsung Galaxy S8 runs on Android 7.0 with Samsung having added their own extensions and called it "Samsung Experience version 8.1".
2017-6-11
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
British Virgin Islands

After basically no problems for 2 months, the app crashed 5 times yesterday in 30 minutes!  The last time it did it, I could not get it to restart at all.
2017-6-11
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-6-11 02:54
The Samsung Galaxy S8 runs on Android 7.0 with Samsung having added their own extensions and called it "Samsung Experience version 8.1".

Thanks for the reply. It crashes every flight on my Nexus 6 running Android 7.0 so I downgraded to Android 6.0.1 and when I get a day without such bad winds, I will give it a try. Though the fact it runs good on your device running Android 7 makes me wonder if it is just a device incompatibility thing on my Nexus.
2017-6-11
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Ron in Utah Posted at 2017-6-11 15:48
Thanks for the reply. It crashes every flight on my Nexus 6 running Android 7.0 so I downgraded to Android 6.0.1 and when I get a day without such bad winds, I will give it a try. Though the fact it runs good on your device running Android 7 makes me wonder if it is just a device incompatibility thing on my Nexus.

I'll also add that I am using the DJI GO 4 app version 4.1.0 with the DJI firmware version v01.03.0800 in my Mavic. On my old smartphone (Android 5), the DJI GO 4 app wouldn't even run correctly by hopelessly overheating the phone and eating about 500 MB of internal storage. Suggestion: Try killing all other apps on your Nexus except for the DJI GO 4.
2017-6-12
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

After many more flights, either using my S6 edge and Tab A 10.2, both running Marshmallow OS, never a crash during 20+ min flights.
Mavic is on 0700 and DJI Go is 4.0.6
2017-6-12
Use props
floco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1060853 ft
France

Hi

I'm gettings lots of crashes. And when I do crash (the black screen about 10 seconds in the app).
I contacted support and all they said was to use airplane mode.

I'm running
- Android 6.01
- Redmi Note Pro 3 hexacore
- DJI Go 4.10 + Firmware .800 (I always update on the day of the release)
- 3 GB Ram

I created a special zone with JUST the dji go app on the phone (I have Litchi running in the normal zone).
I tried EVERYTHING: fresh reboot, stop all apps, block rotation, airplane mode...
Sometimes several days go by before DJI Go works again. And sometimes DJI Go works for several days without any problems.

DJI can really thank Litchi that they are around otherwise it would be plain robbery: think of it like a car vendor but your keys do not work!!
2017-6-12
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
United States

I am happy to report that after upgrading Mavic to .800 firmware and downgrading Motorola Nexus 6 to Android 6.1.1 I was able to run DJI Go 4 without the app crashing. This is the latest app version. Video latency is about 0.25 seconds.
2017-6-12
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Sweden

Hi,

My app only crash if im in fligh mode, only GPS in mobile on. Im using OnePlust3T and Mavic FW 0400
2017-6-13
Use props
floco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1060853 ft
France

Hey,

I think it would be efficient if we all contacted DJI support explaining that our android app does not work. Their email is:
support.nl@dji.com

I did so and I believe that if we are a lot to do so something MIGHT happen.
Their 2.7 rating on the play store is also a good indication of how little they care about their customers:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4

But being a Chinese company, I fear lower management are hiding the problems to top management.
2017-6-14
Use props
sundance87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 423848 ft
Switzerland

No problems so far with Galaxy Tab A 10.1 on Nougat with FW .800.
Strong and stable.
2017-6-14
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Portugal

Today i manage to do some facebook streaming.

- Enable Fligh mode in Note4, Phone i use the APP
- Enable GPS and Wifi in Note4
- Share internet with my phone with data service

App didnt crash and was able to stream to FaceBook.
2017-6-14
Use props
Lambie
lvl.2

Netherlands

On my Sony Xperia Z5c (Android 7.0) the app crashes at least once every flight (latest version of app and firmware). This makes downgraded video files with recorded sound on the phone as well as the flight logs unusable: very annoying, but the video files on the bird's SD card are fine. During my last flight, however, the app crashed several times and afterwards there appeared to be no video file saved to the SD card: even more annoying, and TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!! (and yes, I did press 'record', since there is a (partial - until the first app-crash) downgraded video file on my phone). So I'm seriously thinking of buying Litchi, but I'm not fully sure if this will solve my problem. Does anybody know if Litchi is stable on the Z5c?
2017-6-15
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Portugal

Lambie Posted at 2017-6-15 04:15
On my Sony Xperia Z5c (Android 7.0) the app crashes at least once every flight (latest version of app and firmware). This makes downgraded video files with recorded sound on the phone as well as the flight logs unusable: very annoying, but the video files on the bird's SD card are fine. During my last flight, however, the app crashed several times and afterwards there appeared to be no video file saved to the SD card: even more annoying, and TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!! (and yes, I did press 'record', since there is a (partial - until the first app-crash) downgraded video file on my phone). So I'm seriously thinking of buying Litchi, but I'm not fully sure if this will solve my problem. Does anybody know if Litchi is stable on the Z5c?

Just remember with Litchi in case of issues DJI may not accept the return of the drone.
But as you say, if the GO APP crach you will not have the logs also
2017-6-16
Use props
DeltaSigma77
New
Flight distance : 115102 ft
Greece

Hi, iOS never so far
2017-6-16
Use props
Kim5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34219 ft
Denmark

Pitando Posted at 2017-6-13 00:27
Hi,

My app only crash if im in fligh mode, only GPS in mobile on. Im using OnePlust3T and Mavic FW 0400

Do't you mean Airplain-mode??
2017-6-16
Use props
fans85f6aa85
New
Flight distance : 184 ft
United States

3 Every Flight Multiple times often in the same flight!
2017-6-16
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Portugal

Kim5 Posted at 2017-6-16 04:22
Do't you mean Airplain-mode??

Yes airplane mode in the phone.

But after upgrade the app to 4.1.1 no more crach here. all runing fine, zoom working everything looks normal
2017-6-19
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

crash all the time when I try to stream with youtube (android 4.1.2)
2017-6-20
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

OK - HTC One that worked perfectly zero crashes of the app from Day 1 until I upgraded to .700.  Now EVERY SINGLE TIME I hit RECORD, the app crashes.  It needs to be explained.  I have updated to 4.1.2 app version, no difference.

Am trying to get to .800 now but am on a slow connection and it has taken over 2 hrs to get to 100% and then FAILED (using Assistant 2 direct USB to aircraft.  Seriously bad form from DJI - I am over it.
2017-6-21
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Portugal

Pitando Posted at 2017-6-19 23:57
Yes airplane mode in the phone.

But after upgrade the app to 4.1.1 no more crach here. all runing fine, zoom working everything looks normal

Today I try to fligh using The left USB port and in 8min fligh The App crach more than 5x. And dont know if is related but lot connection to mavic and RTh was activated. Mavic was more lesson 70 meters from The controle.
2017-6-21
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never had the app crash while using my iPad Mini 4
2017-6-29
Use props
Hym Kaar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4035174 ft
Switzerland

what's the actual conclusion and what will you do with it ?
2017-6-29
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

The conclusion is that in over one month this thread is on this forum, not a single reply from DJI on this problem.

I was fed up with the app crashing so I bought a iPad 4 Mini, yesterday I could fly 20+ minutes without any problems with the app...
2017-7-1
Use props
yozo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 799944 ft
Bulgaria

Tried 4.1.3...
Not only it continues to crash midflight but it froze my phone completely to the point i needed to pop the battery out... I tried to RTH with return altitude set at 80m - i was at 170m when it hovered above the home point it started to ascend instead of landing then the app froze my phone completely!!!! This is beyond irresponsible. This app poses health danger. Is there a way we can contact google to ban the app from the play store untill they actually fix the damn to thing. Really dji your product is a health hazard!!!!
2017-7-1
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Never crashed on iPad Mini4 running iOS 10
2017-7-3
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started out using an Android tablet then switched to an iPad Mini 4, never had either one crash.
2017-7-3
Use props
fansca367339
New
Flight distance : 39639 ft
United States

Since the latest forced update 4.1.3 my Mavic App crashes every flight.  Have to manually bring it home, I do not trust restarting the app mid flight.  Did that once and the Mavic took off.  When my friends ask I have to tell them to not buy the DJI Mavic until this problem is fixed.  Unfortunately DJI's constant updates (like every 2 weeks) has now made the Mavic a hazard to fly.  Hope they fix it soon.
2017-7-5
Use props
d1e6o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86083 ft
Brazil

I am using a Xiaomi Mi 5s with Android 6.0.1 and DJI Go since 4.1 and never crashed....
I think I'm a lucky one
2017-7-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules