o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-3 16:39
Then why does it go away?

Another question might be why it's there at all if it's not needed -- what's the purpose of allowing calibration when the system hasn't detected a need for calibration?

Although I've never seen it I think it lights up red to calibrate and it won't say normal , this box is on mine I think every time I turn on,
If your compass needs calibration there is a warning where overall status is,  I can see where it is easy to get confused when you see this box.
There is also a warning where ready to go gps if your in magnetic interference area and need to move or calibrate.
2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-3 16:39
Then why does it go away?

Another question might be why it's there at all if it's not needed -- what's the purpose of allowing calibration when the system hasn't detected a need for calibration?

I presume if in overall status it tells you , you have compass problem you can click on button to calibrate.
2017-6-3
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-3 17:14
I presume if in overall status it tells you , you have compass problem you can click on button to calibrate.

That's why it's there, for sure, but why does it go away after performing a calibration? You'd think if the interface designer/developer decided to just show the calibration button all the time, it would show all the time. If it had shown all the time, I would eventually have noticed the "Normal" designation next to it. ;)

I do QA for web and apps interfaces, so this kind of inconsistency irks me.

Anyway, thanks all for bearing with me, much appreciated.

2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-3 17:27
That's why it's there, for sure, but why does it go away after performing a calibration? You'd think if the interface designer/developer decided to just show the calibration button all the time, it would show all the time. If it had shown all the time, I would eventually have noticed the "Normal" designation next to it. ;)

I do QA for web and apps interfaces, so this kind of inconsistency irks me.

I agree calibrate button should only appear and should be in red when there is a problem, because it is very confusing.
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules