Waiting in damage assessment status
1044 13 2017-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sawalk1234
New
United States

Hello,

Sent my Mavic in for repair.  DJI recieved it right away.  Am now waiting in damage assessment status since 5/5/2017...  I have read that repair times average about six weeks for turnaround time recently, and I'm being patient as requested.  Just wanted to be sure that my drone is still in line to be fixed!

Any information would be welcome...   Case #CAS-605729-J6M3Q7

Did try calling customer service who stated that technicians were about one week behind on repairs...which seems a little optimistic...
2017-6-14
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

you say since 5/5?.... since may 5th?
2017-6-14
Use props
sawalk1234
New
United States

13MStang Posted at 2017-6-14 10:22
you say since 5/5?.... since may 5th?

Correct.  since May 5th, 2017  

Case accepted: 4/27/2017 21:45:24
Mavic recieved 5/5/2017  15:37:59

Since my mavic was recieved, my case has been in conducting damage assessment status...

2017-6-14
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

below is the progress of my repair.   I don't have DJI refresh so it is out-of-pocket expense.  Cost of $151 to repair the flat ribbon cable on the gimbal.  I did call support to complain that my case was in "conducting damage assesment" for over a week.  They said they would look into it and a day later, the status moved.   They also called me back (yes, that really happened) and told me that my shipping was upgraded to 2 day.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 3.18.43 PM.png
2017-6-14
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Wow, the cable was sold on DJI web site for approximately usd5. I have changed mine due to an accident, it took me 10 minutes since I am not experienced. What is DJI technician imputed charge out ratec
2017-6-14
Use props
thunderdan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356496 ft
United States

What happened to your drone?  Was it a bad crash that is taking more time to repair?

I am going through the repair process myself right now and so far things are moving along fast.  I purchased the care refresh package soon after I got my drone however.

My repair is for a problematic gimbal.  I haven't had a crash but the gimbal will sometimes reset itself to level and this also causes video record to abruptly stop.

Good luck.
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I've checked your case that the damage assessment has been done on 2017/5/9, you should have received an email about evaluation long time ago, please check your spam box. It seems the quotation hasn't been sent to you, I apologize for this situation, I have escalated local repair team to look into it and the quotation will be sent to very soon, please note to check the email.
2017-6-14
Use props
sawalk1234
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-14 18:41
I've checked your case that the damage assessment has been done on 2017/5/9, you should have received an email about evaluation long time ago, please check your spam box. It seems the quotation hasn't been sent to you, I apologize for this situation, I have escalated local repair team to look into it and the quotation will be sent to very soon, please note to check the email.

Found the email.  Thanks for your help.  I will await the repair quote.

2017-6-15
Use props
octm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84695 ft
United States

The DJI service only works if you call every day. Talk to one of the supervisors every day. If you do that you will see a progress on your case. So basically you have to spend at least 1hour a day for at least 2 weeks.

That's annoying
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sawalk1234 Posted at 2017-6-15 10:14
Found the email.  Thanks for your help.  I will await the repair quote.

Quotation has been sent to you, please check your email.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

octm Posted at 2017-6-15 10:30
The DJI service only works if you call every day. Talk to one of the supervisors every day. If you do that you will see a progress on your case. So basically you have to spend at least 1hour a day for at least 2 weeks.

That's annoying

We are working very hard to shorten the time frame and improve our customer service. Apologize for all unpleasant experience with us. We will keep improving to provide products with good quality and professional service.
2017-6-15
Use props
sawalk1234
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-15 23:47
We are working very hard to shorten the time frame and improve our customer service. Apologize for all unpleasant experience with us. We will keep improving to provide products with good quality and professional service.

Got my drone back yesterday and it works like a charm.  Thanks for your help.  I really appreciate it.

2017-6-28
Use props
sawalk1234
New
United States

thunderdan Posted at 2017-6-14 13:06
What happened to your drone?  Was it a bad crash that is taking more time to repair?

I am going through the repair process myself right now and so far things are moving along fast.  I purchased the care refresh package soon after I got my drone however.

Hit a telephone wire at about 10 feet off the ground.  It landed on its back and damaged the motors.  Thankfully the gimbal wasn't affected...
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sawalk1234 Posted at 2017-6-28 07:16
Got my drone back yesterday and it works like a charm.  Thanks for your help.  I really appreciate it.

You are welcome and I'm glad for you, hope you have a good time on flying.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules