2975 24 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I updated my P4P+RC and got continuously the message "strong interference.Fly with caution".
I tried to fly in diferrent places, open fields, no WiFI neither strong magnetic or radio fields in the areas.
The AC flies well, had no issue so far, but I'd like to get rid of this annoying message which seems to be a bug of the last firmware ?

Thanks a lot for any advice.
2017-6-15
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347677 ft
United States

I don't believe it's an issue pertaining to the firmware on the drone. Instead, I believe it to be an issue involving the DJI GO 4 application.

I say this, because I have a Phantom 4 (standard) running the same up-to-date firmware that was released in 2016. Infact, the P4 standard hasn't had any firmware upgrade in 6+ months. Regardless, after I updated the DJI GO 4 application, I have been receiving the "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" pop-up message every fifteen seconds. This never, repeat NEVER happened before the update to the DJI GO 4 application.

I have come to the conclusion, the sensitivity of this warning has either been greatly increased or it's outright broken. Either way, the drone flies perfectly and I have had no issues other than this damn pop-up message appearing every 15 seconds. And because I am unable to trust the message, it places me in a precarious position of either disregarding it and hoping the signal isn't really weak, or believing it, and keeping the drone closer than usual.
2017-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you want to upload logs here http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ someone here may give you some advice as to what might have happened. I don't think it's coming from firmware update.
2017-6-15
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

I have had the same issue as have MANY others. Not a fix, but a workaround is to switch it to Custom and 5.8ghz through the HD function in the remote. However, I don't see that as a solution. But it did get rid of both messages for me. And although both before and after I did not see any differences in flight, I still have an issue with the Gimbal just falling over occasionally since the Firmware update. I'm hoping a fix\patch is release very very very very soon.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-6-15 09:40
I have had the same issue as have MANY others. Not a fix, but a workaround is to switch it to Custom and 5.8ghz through the HD function in the remote. However, I don't see that as a solution. But it did get rid of both messages for me. And although both before and after I did not see any differences in flight, I still have an issue with the Gimbal just falling over occasionally since the Firmware update. I'm hoping a fix\patch is release very very very very soon.

I've responded to your own thread regarding this.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I've been trying to acquire as much information regarding this, and would like for you to try disabling the cellular data on the built in screen to see if this alleviates the issue. Putting the RC in airplane mode would do the trick as well.
2017-6-15
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Had the same issue on my week old p4p currently with Dji assessing it, and prior to firmware update - CAS-698885-Q2Y0C9 
2017-6-16
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-15 20:25
I've been trying to acquire as much information regarding this, and would like for you to try disabling the cellular data on the built in screen to see if this alleviates the issue. Putting the RC in airplane mode would do the trick as well.

Jamie, I also am getting this message regarding "Strong Interference" on my P4P+. Your response says to disable cellular data on the built in screen but the P4P+ built in screen does not have cellular data? I have switched to "Custom" and 5.8 for now and it seems to get rid of it but we should be able to leave it on "Auto". Is there a fix for this?
2017-6-16
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-16 04:56
Jamie, I also am getting this message regarding "Strong Interference" on my P4P+. Your response says to disable cellular data on the built in screen but the P4P+ built in screen does not have cellular data? I have switched to "Custom" and 5.8 for now and it seems to get rid of it but we should be able to leave it on "Auto". Is there a fix for this?

i get same message on my p4p+ controller   only when using 2.4         5.8 no problems.       i have not noticed any interference through the screen even when message pops up.    is it too seneitive like the strong wind warning was do you think?
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-16 04:56

It could potentially have cellular data enabled. Just for the sake of troubleshooting, can you try putting the RC into airplane mode via Settings > Wireless > More to see if it persists? It is something that was reported to the development team for further review.
2017-6-16
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-16 12:07
It could potentially have cellular data enabled. Just for the sake of troubleshooting, can you try putting the RC into airplane mode via Settings > Wireless > More to see if it persists? It is something that was reported to the development team for further review.

Now this is getting totally confusing........ You want me to put the built in screen on the P4P+ controller into airplane mode??????????? I think you need to review the P4P+ specs........
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-16 18:21
Now this is getting totally confusing........ You want me to put the built in screen on the P4P+ controller into airplane mode??????????? I think you need to review the P4P+ specs........

The built in screen is still essentially a tablet that runs on an Android OS.
2017-6-16
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie: Not for nothing but you have been asking everyone (me included and I will as soon as I can but I work 2 jobs and don't have time to do QA Testing for DJI at will) to put the device into Airplane mode and test it. I've seen at least a dozen people with the same issue. Can't your dev or QA team reproduce this and try airplane mode themselves and fix this? I'm really confused here.

I'm not trying to be difficult but I've read the same exact thing in multiple posts. I know you are trying to help and we appreciate it and that you are also offering an interim solution. You are always very helpful. But you need some backup from the dev team to get this fixed along with the other issues introduced with this firmware update. There are people who earn a living with DJI's product as much as recreational use and I would find it hard to believe that DJI cannot reproduce any of these issues on their own. I really hope to hear that there is a fix coming soon. (ex: Strong Interference, Wifi Warnings, Gimbal Issues, etc.)

Again, thank you for your help all the time. It is truly appreciated.
2017-6-16
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-16 19:47
The built in screen is still essentially a tablet that runs on an Android OS.

Thanks, please give me the steps to follow and where on the P4P+ screen I would go to place it in airplane mode?
2017-6-17
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have exact same issue , changed to 5.8 and it went away , no probs with bird flying in each occasion ..
2017-6-17
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Ran some test tonight:

P4P+ Controller with Screen and updated 4.1 app
New Firmware V 01.04.0602

- 2.4ghz, Auto Setting, Wifi on, Continual Warning Message, Also GEO Class D Airspace Message which I would expect where I am
- 5.8ghz, Auto or Custom Setting, Wifi on, NO warning Messages, and NO GEO Class D Airspace Message which I would expect where I am
- 2.4ghz, Auto Setting, Wifi OFF,  NO Warning Messages, and NO GEO Class D Airspace Message which I would expect where I am

In each case flying seemed to be normal but the warning messages were more than annoying and continual but this seems to be a work around until hopefully there is a fix.
I am still going through footage and will post some but I had two instances where the Gimbal just went to the side and down for no reason. I never had that before. Took a few zigs and zags to get it back.

Joe..
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-17 04:33
Thanks, please give me the steps to follow and where on the P4P+ screen I would go to place it in airplane mode?

Edit - When you're at the main screen, you would go into Settings > System Settings* > Wireless (the first section of functions) > More, and you should see the option to put it into airplane mode.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-6-17 16:08
Ran some test tonight:

P4P+ Controller with Screen and updated 4.1 app

This issue was reported to the development team to look into this further. Thank you for providing this information thus far, whenever you have a chance to provide some footage of the gimbal issue would be appreciated.
2017-6-17
Use props
remembertosmile
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118698 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-17 18:06
This issue was reported to the development team to look into this further. Thank you for providing this information thus far, whenever you have a chance to provide some footage of the gimbal issue would be appreciated.

I have been having the same problem, “Warning messages” unfortunately your help centre was far from helpful. are DJI going to fix this or should i return the drone (its only 8 weeks old)  
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

remembertosmile Posted at 2017-6-21 04:48
I have been having the same problem, “Warning messages” unfortunately your help centre was far from helpful. are DJI going to fix this or should i return the drone (its only 8 weeks old)

This is something that's being looked into so that it can be rectified. For the time being, I would recommend either switching to 5.8 GHz or putting the device on airplane mode (per post #17).
2017-6-21
Use props
remembertosmile
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118698 ft
United Kingdom

Ok Jamie thank you for your reply
2017-6-21
Use props
Bcable
lvl.1
United States

I put my 4+ into airplane mode.  Now I can't get beyond it requiring me to login, but it won't login in airplane mode so how do I get it out.
2017-6-22
Use props
lefty23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1657625 ft
Canada

I updated firmware last week.  Since then I noticed three things happening.  I continually get the strong interference message.  I don't believe it's just a bug.  Within a few hundred feet away I start to lose signal.  I flew the same pattern in the same place a week earlier without errors or loss of signal.  

Second, when approaching warning zones (i.e. helipads) I get the Continual Warning Message.  I click off the checkboxes and within two seconds the warning box appears again.  It's perpetual and won't go away.  Sometimes a reboot fixes this.

Third, I lost my maps.  I had two maps downloaded and after the update they were gone.  My only choices are to use Chinese maps.  In another thread someone reported that resetting the controller to factory fixes the problem.  That's not a proper fix.  That's like saying when you have a problem with your computer to reformat.  I have cached images on the controller that I'd like to keep.

Alan
2017-6-25
Use props
fans7aeea8bd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128445 ft
United States

Commodon Posted at 2017-6-15 09:08
I don't believe it's an issue pertaining to the firmware on the drone. Instead, I believe it to be an issue involving the DJI GO 4 application.

I say this, because I have a Phantom 4 (standard) running the same up-to-date firmware that was released in 2016. Infact, the P4 standard hasn't had any firmware upgrade in 6+ months. Regardless, after I updated the DJI GO 4 application, I have been receiving the "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" pop-up message every fifteen seconds. This never, repeat NEVER happened before the update to the DJI GO 4 application.

I guess its not DJI priority to fix this. I is a real nuisance.
2017-9-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 11:20
This is something that's being looked into so that it can be rectified. For the time being, I would recommend either switching to 5.8 GHz or putting the device on airplane mode (per post #17).

Some updates on this one? - 4 months still same firmware on the crafts.
2017-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules