How do I retrieve my pics?
1616 23 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lakeluvr
lvl.1

United States

I've looked and looked for the answer to this question. I asked a friend and he advised that I hit a 'button' at the bottom right of the app screen with the controller and copter turned on. When I do that I get a black screen with a circular arrow and a message that says 'Cannot connect'. There has to be an easier way or how do I make this work? Thanks in advance.
2017-6-15
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pics are stored on the SD card on the drone.
2017-6-15
Use props
Lakeluvr
lvl.1

United States

I realize they are on the SD card. How do I retrieve them????
2017-6-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Lakeluvr Posted at 2017-6-15 08:01
I realize they are on the SD card. How do I retrieve them????

simplest way is to take the SD card off the aircraft ( with aircraft turned off, of course...) and put it in a suitable card reader connected with your computer... otherwise connect aircraft to computer via the USB cable and read the card from there.
2017-6-15
Use props
Lakeluvr
lvl.1

United States

As I understand SD cards, you are supposed to be able to push down on them to release them. I've tried that without success. To connect the aircraft to a computer do I use the mini USB port on the device?
2017-6-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Lakeluvr Posted at 2017-6-15 08:11
As I understand SD cards, you are supposed to be able to push down on them to release them. I've tried that without success. To connect the aircraft to a computer do I use the mini USB port on the device?

Why the device? You connect the Aircraft to the computer via the USB cable (mini USB on the drone, near to the SB card, to USB on the computer), even if you have a P4P+ (SB Card in the remote control of the P4P4+ has nothing to do with your images or full resolution videos) See the manual, page 44/45. But I think you are not pushing the card (in the aircraft!)  correctly, you need to press on the edge of the card with your nail.
2017-6-15
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lakeluvr Posted at 2017-6-15 08:11

Use your fingernail or something thin to push the edge of the card, it's just slightly recessed. I don't believe you can access the SD card via the USB port.
2017-6-15
Use props
Lakeluvr
lvl.1

United States

Hate to sound like such a nerd when it comes to the SD card, cuz believe me I have removed many, many SD cards over the years. I have tried again with my nails, then used a small screwdriver to push on the edge and it just won't release???
2017-6-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Lakeluvr Posted at 2017-6-15 08:37
Hate to sound like such a nerd when it comes to the SD card, cuz believe me I have removed many, many SD cards over the years. I have tried again with my nails, then used a small screwdriver to push on the edge and it just won't release???

Weird. on my P4P it comes out quite easily, with just a slight short push and release. Was it inserted correctly, with the contact strips facing up?
2017-6-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

microlinux Posted at 2017-6-15 08:27
Use your fingernail or something thin to push the edge of the card, it's just slightly recessed. I don't believe you can access the SD card via the USB port.

Of course you can access the SD card in the Aicraft. Turn it on and connect it to the computer, just like you would do with a normal camera... User Manual, page 44 / 45 , Gimbal and Camera section.
2017-6-15
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-15 08:54
Of course you can access the SD card in the Aicraft. Turn it on and connect it to the computer, just like you would do with a normal camera... User Manual, page 44 / 45 , Gimbal and Camera section.

Touche, I thought I had read somewhere that it was only for updates etc. Never had a cause to use it for media transfer.
2017-6-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

microlinux Posted at 2017-6-15 09:10
Touche, I thought I had read somewhere that it was only for updates etc. Never had a cause to use it for media transfer.

I find it more efficient to read the SD card via a card reader, using the USB method is much slower -like with normal cameras, but it is good to have an alternate method if one forgets the card reader somewhere and it is not available when needed
2017-6-15
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-15 09:36
I find it more efficient to read the SD card via a card reader, using the USB method is much slower -like with normal cameras, but it is good to have an alternate method if one forgets the card reader somewhere and it is not available when needed

I've heard that some are difficult to remove the first time and may require a pair of tweezers to push it in and then grab it to pull it out.  I never had that problem but have heard of it.
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Were you able to get it sorted? Just to reiterate the USB method you would use the USB connection that's next to the SD card slot while the aircraft is turned on. It will act like a portable hard drive when connected.
2017-6-16
Use props
Lakeluvr
lvl.1

United States

First of all I would like to thank all who responded to my post. I didn't realize it until today but found the mini USB port on the camera mount. I was able to hook it up to the standard USB port on my computer and d/l all my pics. Thanks again to all.
2017-6-16
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

does anyone else just download from the bird via wi-fi ?   wont work for 2.7k video, but works well otherwise.
2017-6-16
Use props
Lakeluvr
lvl.1

United States

A friend had the DJI and was the reason I ordered one. He explained d/l his pics via wi-fi. I kept getting a 'connection error' when I'd go to that screen so was never able to get that method to work. Sure am glad I stumbled upon the mini USB port to d/l mine.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

timnwcove Posted at 2017-6-16 14:06
does anyone else just download from the bird via wi-fi ?   wont work for 2.7k video, but works well otherwise.

If you're referring to the download function in the Go app, that function will only work for 1080p and lower resolutions. UHD resolutions like 2.7K and 4K have to be transferred manually to a computer.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Lakeluvr Posted at 2017-6-16 13:34
First of all I would like to thank all who responded to my post. I didn't realize it until today but found the mini USB port on the camera mount. I was able to hook it up to the standard USB port on my computer and d/l all my pics. Thanks again to all.

Good to hear, thanks for the update.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Lakeluvr Posted at 2017-6-17 13:00
A friend had the DJI and was the reason I ordered one. He explained d/l his pics via wi-fi. I kept getting a 'connection error' when I'd go to that screen so was never able to get that method to work. Sure am glad I stumbled upon the mini USB port to d/l mine.

Just to clarify, was it for UHD quality video or RAW pictures that you were trying to download, or was it HD videos or JPG pictures?
2017-6-17
Use props
Lakeluvr
lvl.1

United States

I hadn't made any changes to the setup so the pics that I finally transferred were very large and high resolution. Not sure of the numbers but the file size was over 5MB each.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Lakeluvr Posted at 2017-6-17 17:46
I hadn't made any changes to the setup so the pics that I finally transferred were very large and high resolution. Not sure of the numbers but the file size was over 5MB each.

Were they RAW or JPG files?
2017-6-17
Use props
Lakeluvr
lvl.1

United States

I hadn't done any videos yet and the few pics that I took were JPG and like I said very large. I need to find the settings and change them so the file size isn't that large. Thanks for the info.
2017-6-18
Use props
fans814ed400
lvl.1
United States

Are you sure there is a card in there?
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules