DJI insanity!!! Can't get a CINEMA DNG license
1887 17 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

I'm using Win 7 Chrome/IE.  I've been trying to get the CinemaDNG license from DJI for threehours.  After five reps, I still can't get it.

I first tried to purchase the CineSSD and Station with the CinemaDNG license.  When I chose the CinemaDNG license  ($1000) and entered my info, but the cart defaults to the $1300 DNG/ProRes license.  The Customer Service reps in CHAT (they're bots aren't they???) said it was a browser error so I tried in Chrome and IE - SAME PROBLEM.  I dumped the temp files - same problem.  It's a DJI website problem.

Then I gave up and purchased the CineSSD and Station at DroneNerds.  It took about five minutes.  They informed me that I had to buy the license from DJI.  

I returned to DJI and odered the CinemaDNG license.  After reporting my I2 serial, the cart defaulted back to the $1300 DNG/ProRes license!  I recontacted CHAT and got another Bot.  "MJ" said that I had to purchase the license along with either an SSD or Station.  I cancllend my DroneNerd order and returned to DJI.  SAME PROBLEM!!!

The DJI service reps talk like BOTS.  I closed and flushed my browsers... The customer service bots keep telling me to buy the $1300 license.  HELP!!!

First page

First page
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for this, have you got this problem sorted after a second try? We have feedback this issue to our engineer, I will come back to you when I hear from them, appreciate your patience.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When you say you "flushed" your browsers, I'm assuming you mean that you've cleared the browser caches/cookies?
2017-6-20
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

Yes - I cleared cookies.  Okay - I was finally able to purchase the DNG license.  It appears that I could not buy the DNG license without ProRes unless I was logged in.  Go figure.  I also wonder if when I purchased the license with a second email address (not my account PW) that the license was locked from my DJI account address.  I used a junk email address (to avoid spam) when I purchased the license before using Assistant 2 to install the license.  In any case, it appears that my license was properly installed by when I try to video or take photos it gives me error messages.  Please see my screenshots.
2017-6-25
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

2017-6-25
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

License key is associated with Cinecore SN, we checked that you only purchased CinemaDNG, that's why you cannot shoot with Appleprores(422HQ/4444XQ).
2017-6-25
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

Okay... but that still doesn't explain why my images are still blurred with DNG video and photos.  Does DNG save 5K images and video?  Why are these so blurry?  Okay... against my better judgment, I'll purchase the Apple license and see if that improves or changes anything... I get better pics from my iPhone.www.cwbpi.com/DJI/DJI_0001.DNG
2017-6-26
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

2017-6-26
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

Okay - I just loaded the big DJI update and still have the same problem.  I snapped some pics and still end up with unviewable images.  I'm not sure if it's related, but photos and videos I took on June 15 still appear despite having reformatted my SSD and SD cards.  But let's look at my settings and pics for today...  

[img=2048,1536]http://www.cwbpi.com/DJI/IMG_0050.PNG[/img]

2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

From the DNG picture you sent, the aperture is too large, please reset camera settings, then take several pictures in Auto mode to see if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-6-27
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

I'll try that shortly.  In the meantime, I purchased the Apple license, installed it, and still get flagged for no license.  The ONLY thing I can think of is that your software sees a conflict between the email address of my DJI account and the email address I used to buy the license.  I'll be up and running if/when you can fix THAT.       

It appears that I CAN now capture short video clips but still get the error, which makes me nervous about reliability and performance...   
2017-6-27
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-27 04:03
From the DNG picture you sent, the aperture is too large, please reset camera settings, then take several pictures in Auto mode to see if the problem persists, thank you.

I didn't find a "Reset Camera" button on the GoApp.  I switched back from my 45mm to 17mm and still can't find photos, although I suspect that they're the blacked out pics (see 0082 Image).  I can SELECT the blacked out pics but can't download or open them.  And although I've repeatedly deleted previous pics and reformatted the SD and SSD cards, the same June 11 2017 pics continue to appear.  

Also, notice the 1979-11-30 folder date in this screen capture?  Is that a clue?  I'm searching other Forum responses...
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gumshoe Posted at 2017-6-27 12:07
I didn't find a "Reset Camera" button on the GoApp.  I switched back from my 45mm to 17mm and still can't find photos, although I suspect that they're the blacked out pics (see 0082 Image).  I can SELECT the blacked out pics but can't download or open them.  And although I've repeatedly deleted previous pics and reformatted the SD and SSD cards, the same June 11 2017 pics continue to appear.  

Also, notice the 1979-11-30 folder date in this screen capture?  Is that a clue?  I'm searching other Forum responses... [view_image]

We checked that CinemaDNG and Appleprores have both been enabled, it should work normally. Could you please load the certificate again in DJI Assistant 2? In addition, please refer to the picture below to find  'reset camera setting'.
reset camera settings.png
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI-Newbie
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Hi Gumshoe
Sorry for your trouble,can you try reload your License key using Assisstant 2?
_dji_screenshot_1499051413110.png
2017-7-2
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-29 04:41
We checked that CinemaDNG and Appleprores have both been enabled, it should work normally. Could you please load the certificate again in DJI Assistant 2? In addition, please refer to the picture below to find  'reset camera setting'.

I now see that the primary camera issue was related to a faulty 64G SD card.  My I2 and cameras appear to be functioning properly.  Thank you for your support and patience.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gumshoe Posted at 2017-7-4 10:51
I now see that the primary camera issue was related to a faulty 64G SD card.  My I2 and cameras appear to be functioning properly.  Thank you for your support and patience.

I'm so happy for you. Hope you have a good time on flying.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.
2017-7-4
Use props
Gumshoe
lvl.1

United States

I will - thank you.  I apologize if I was rude earlier - this product support forum takes some getting used to - plus it takes patience - but I can understand that this is likely the most productive way to respond to a truly global clientele.  
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules