Mavic RAW files are corrupted, DJI will you fix?
2178 15 2017-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Galileo Galilei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119193 ft
Italy

It appears that with latest DJI firmware release there is a serious bug.RAW files are corrupt and not readable by most software.

I suppose DJI will release a fix very soon. But... how can we recover shoots we made? I just came back from a long
travel, I shooted only in RAW, I do not have jpgs, am I expected to throw away all my footage or is there a way
to recover files.

I admit that this time I am pretty annoyed.

2017-6-18
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Apparently more common on Macs than PC and adobe apps open them fine. Have a look over here http://mavicpilots.com/threads/r ... pdate-v-0800.19072/
2017-6-18
Use props
Galileo Galilei
lvl.2
Italy

Thanks for the advice but in the thread you're pointing I can see... that many pilots are experiencing the same issue. I also read that on some Win machines it does not appear. The file corruption has ben explored in many other threads, it appears that Mavic is not writing properly some metadata.

Big question is still the same: when will DJI release a fix?

2017-6-18
Use props
BeachDuc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29544 ft
Australia

Same issue here. A 'downgrade' to .700 has fixed the issue. I'll try again when .900 comes out.
2017-6-18
Use props
Galileo Galilei
lvl.2
Italy

Yes but what about photos you already made? Issue here is having a fix for photos already taken
2017-6-18
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Seriously it has been 1 thing after another with DJI ever since I bought this thing... Im getting so close to just selling it and being done with DJI.
2017-6-18
Use props
BeachDuc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29544 ft
Australia

Galileo Galilei Posted at 2017-6-18 21:53
Yes but what about photos you already made? Issue here is having a fix for photos already taken

Have you tried Adobe DNG converter (from Adobe)?  I haven't tried it for this issue, but it worked when I had similar issues with a defective Mavic previously.
2017-6-19
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I never trust to RAW only.  Always shoot both.  Yes, try Adobe.  It has worked before, but don't know if it was for this issue or not.
2017-6-19
Use props
NulligsBits
New
Flight distance : 89160 ft
Ireland

Exactly the same issue here after receiving my 2nd replacement (third unit!!)
2017-7-29
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

There are two likely related but separate bugs in .0800/.0900, one is MacOS specific and the other -- your issue -- happens to Windows users as well. I was able to fix the corrupted DNG issue by reloading my firmware a couple times. Check this thread for details and a few apps that might be able to open your corrupted files.

Also, according to a support repsonse to a poster on the thread linked above a new firmware release to address this is due imminently.

2017-7-29
Use props
angelopenone
New
Flight distance : 52579 ft
Italy

I had the same issue 2 days ago. I many RAW pucture (and video). I saw that at a particular point I wasn't able to see any picture in the app (only video)
yesterday I check directly on the app (with mac) and after 1 random picture all video and picture are corrupted :/

I tried  Adobe DNG converter, but don't recognise the file at all! I don't know what to do, I lost a lot of shots of my trip.
2017-7-30
Use props
NulligsBits
New
Flight distance : 89160 ft
Ireland

Hi Galileo, hopefully  "IF" or "WHEN" a fix comes out you be able to recover your files! I'm in the same boat and pretty P***ED off!!
2017-7-31
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Has DJI seriously not fixed this yet?
2017-7-31
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

Try  ACDSee Pro. I took many photos from May to the end of July, all in RAW. But I never had a reading problem
2017-7-31
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

When I got my  SJCam M20 , I had a similar problem. There the solution was a special converter. He's lying here
converter
2017-7-31
Use props
BRT
New
Singapore

SINGAPORE
got my mavic this aug 2017. first few times it worked fine but then one day in nov 2017 all the media i took couldn't be opened on my phone or laptop. the message i got was:
video - "Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we don't support."
photo - "We can't open this file."

i have not crashed the drone. i probably only used it 3-4 times for short durations (less than half hour). went to a authorized retailer and they said i have to pay for shipping back to DJI and if DJI replaces it with a new drone, i'll need to pay tax on that.
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules