965 5 2017-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Good day to all,
I hope this thread can solved out all kinds of settings about the camera. (latest firmware 18 jun 2017)
I read a lot of threads and a there have a  lot of diffrent settings, so please help.
What is the best settings for video/photo taken with very sunny weather because all my photo's and films are bad, too much light and the sky isn't blue.
please advice , and with or without nd filters.
What is the best color/style and resolution.
Which filters?, there is a lot of companies who sold them.

Regards.
Jos

2017-6-19
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Post pictures, that will help what you are doing wrong. If you are shooting against the sun, it will be a white sky, with the sun, it will be blue.
2017-6-19
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ktiJ9LVRw5Wmo2MXdiUDJkRjQ
2017-6-19
Use props
jimmybbq
lvl.1
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-6-19 04:19
Post pictures, that will help what you are doing wrong. If you are shooting against the sun, it will be a white sky, with the sun, it will be blue.

I shoot in 2.7k @ 30 fps
Ideally you want ISO 100 or 200
I usually pick my auto white balance i.e. Sunny, Cloudy etc. You can leave it in Auto, but your picture may change during the course of a video.
I shoot in D-Log, but I color-correct in software because this leaves a very flat picture.
You want your shutter speed to be double your "frames per second"
Put your mavic in the sky and identify how much it's over or under exposed.. example +2.0
Download the polarpro app and plug your numbers in there, it will tell you which filter to use to get your shutter speed down.

You will probably need, at a minimum, ND8, ND16 and circular polarizer.

Download Davinci Resolve (it's free), learn it, use it.

Polarizer filter - Hold the filter in a way you can look through it, rotate it, identifying the orientation that yields the best greens and blues, make sure you put it on the camera lens in the same orientation.

ND filters - Just stick them on your lens
2017-6-19
Use props
Dean - Bekaru T
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey Jos,i have been focusing on trying to get my setting right also. here we have good weather - sunny most of the time - although should say that i am in SA which means winter sun.
My latest favorite settings are +1 -2-1 - i do NOT use ND filters (maybe later but not yet) i keep my ISO at 100 and use the right side dial to adjust my shutter speed which helps manage the light comming in.
Higher shutter speed reduces the light inflow which takes the sharpness out of whites but also makes dark shades darker.
Also i use the over exposure warning (camera setting) which helps me to see when the whites are too bright and then use then right side dial to alter my shutter speed - rolling the dial inwards cuts light and rolling the dial out allows more light - typically my shutter speed on sunny days will range between 1600 and 1000.
As the sun gets lower my shutter speed goes down to lower numbers (with my control and without causing over exposure>

I try to keep it low as possible without causeing over exposure. Shutter speed should be lower that 1000 but without filters this is not possible and ultimately i have been happy with my picture quality progress.
I shoot in 2.7 or 1080p (still experimenting) The higher definition means better image quality (provided focused ect) but can stream slowly - perhaps 1080 -720p for publishing clips is going to be fine for hobby photographer like me.
Perhaps for more professional work or film shoots higher will be more desirable.
I use 30 fps
lastly i aslo use the histogram - i do not understand i much except that when it has nice ups and downs spread across the graph then i have a better chance of taking better images.
When i am facing the sun i turn my gimbal down to earth a bit to get out of the glare.
I was using cinelik but personally find that True color gives me a better image.
2017-6-19
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

jimmybbq Posted at 2017-6-19 06:41
I shoot in 2.7k @ 30 fps
Ideally you want ISO 100 or 200
I usually pick my auto white balance i.e. Sunny, Cloudy etc. You can leave it in Auto, but your picture may change during the course of a video.

thank for your feedback, the polarapp is a nice tool .
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules