12610 21 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr.Cat
New
Flight distance : 104977 ft
Switzerland

Hey There
I will made 2 American trips in the next Months, so I would ask you, if you would buy the Dji Mavic or should I make the first trip whitout a drone and wait for the Mavic 2 and use it in Septmber on the 2 trip. Or what do you think when Dji release a Mavic 2?
2017-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's highly unlikely that Mavic 2 will be out in September, you maybe lucky if you see it this year, if you purchase it now Mavic pro you will have it for both trips, if another Mavic is released this year you can always sell Mavic pro, ok you might loose €200 so that amounts to €100 per trip. I say get it now.
2017-6-21
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-21 07:33
It's highly unlikely that Mavic 2 will be out in September, you maybe lucky if you see it this year, if you purchase it now Mavic pro you will have it for both trips, if another Mavic is released this year you can always sell Mavic pro, ok you might loose €200 so that amounts to €100 per trip. I say get it now.

The Mavic pro has a lot going for it as a capable travel friendly drone. I can't see the design changing drastically, the only improvement will probably be to the camera, increased flight time and additional sensors on top and to the rear. I would buy now and make the most of your filming opportunity and sell on if you decide to upgrade.
2017-6-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I would be very surprised to see a Mavic 2 available this year (maybe announced but not showing up that soon).
2017-6-21
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

"Mavic 2 will be announced on 1st of August"
Then i woke up bathing in sweat, sucking on the tip of my quilt.

***Gave it some thoughts after some coffee***
December 2017, DJI is gonna boost sales with a price drop on the Mavic.
Februari 2018, during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, DJI will announce the Mavic 2.
June 2018, first Mavic's will be delivered to the first customers.

Ladies en Gentlemen,.....PLACE YOUR BETS!!!!!

2017-6-21
Use props
oscar-dk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

Simple----Just go for it the Mavic is awesome.
Cheers´
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

No further information on a Mavic 2 is provided at this time. As the Spark is just released, you may want to consider the Spark as an alternative.
2017-6-21
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-21 12:17
No further information on a Mavic 2 is provided at this time. As the Spark is just released, you may want to consider the Spark as an alternative.

The Spark as an alternative to the Mavic...hmm.  NOT!  Then again if you enjoy laggy video, overrated flight distance estimations and a WIFI connection process that requires at least 3 separate steps, then the Spark is the right choice.
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-21 07:33

Yeah i second this, the Mavic is a wonderful piece of engineering and I absolutely love mine.
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ZMatuszak Posted at 2017-6-21 12:09
Check out my Mavic Pro Review!
https://youtu.be/QcgsQx5ds0k

NO ADVERTISING
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-21 12:58
The Spark as an alternative to the Mavic...hmm.  NOT!  Then again if you enjoy laggy video, overrated flight distance estimations and a WIFI connection process that requires at least 3 separate steps, then the Spark is the right choice.

Glad I read this before, I bought a spark to add to my DJI collection. you just saved me $500+
2017-6-21
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Surely a late generation version of the mavic pro is the best thing to buy.  The first gen of a Mavic 2 will likely have lots of problems.
2017-6-21
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

If I had to do it all over again, I REALLLY wish I would have waited... I can deal with the minor bugs and even app crashes, but I would give anything for a higher quality camera on the Mavic. Youre crazy if you think youre the only one that will be trying to dump a used mavic on the secondary market when the Mavic 2 launches, I cant see them selling for more than $400 within a month of the 2 launch. After my next trip in August Im going to do my best to sell mine and just pray the 2 has a decent quality camera.
2017-6-21
Use props
SMacDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1700981 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go for Mavic Pro now, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Pun intended.
2017-6-21
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-21 08:42

It will look closer to this correction:

Feb 2018 - Preorders Begin with ETA ship date of June 2018...

June 2018 arrives, no shipments...until...Nov / Dec 2018.

That's what happened for the Mavic....boo
2017-6-21
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-21 08:42

It will look closer to this correction:

Feb 2018 - Preorders Begin with ETA ship date of June 2018...

June 2018 arrives, no shipments...until...Nov / Dec 2018.

That's what happened for the Mavic....
2017-6-21
Use props
KodiaRok
lvl.1
Switzerland

I would not wait for the Mavic 2...cause one that is out and widely available you can then already wait for the mavic 3 and so on. I took the plunge and ordered the Mavic Pro and had my first flight with it yesterday with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Boy was that a lot of Fun!

As I am flying R/C Planes (mainly Jets) for now over 7 Years it was very easy to get into.

Let's put it this Way...it's summer now...plenty of opportunities to go out and take pictures and record videos..why wait if you can buy it now and enjoy it now.

So far the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo Bundle really impressed me...no issues with the App and amazing Build Quality.

Get it now and fly now then wait for something that hasn't even been announced yet.
2017-6-21
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I would wait for the Mavic 4 because surely that will be better than the Mavic 3.
2017-6-21
Use props
GORDONGORDONGOR
lvl.1
Canada

I thought I was going to wait for Mavic 2 but I would have been missing out on all this good filming time!!!
2017-7-8
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

take the dji mavic pro and be happy.
2017-7-8
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

You should Not wait for anything in this short life Grab the opportunity, enjoy it and have fun. When Mavic 2 is available and impress you more than Mavic pro, consider buying it or might be You'll be then in something completely different ;)
I myself was waiting for mavic to arrive last autumn, to take pictures of yellow/red trees... but they delayed it winter come and i forgot about it... this summer when Spark came i start reading again and both a Mavic ;) and am happy ;)
2017-7-8
Use props
will.ctaweb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I too am unsure what to do, I have had a Phantom 3 Pro for a few years now, hadn't used it in ages until a few weeks ago and really got back into it, so want to order the Mavic Pro but wonder how soon it will be till we see a 2, it's a lot of £££ to then hear of a new release a week later but I totally understand where you are all coming from.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules