Mavic won't fly indoors?
3593 12 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nyichiban
New
United States

Just go the mavic yesterday and it is better than my phantom first gen by so many ways but the only thing I know so far is that it looks better as I wasn't able to make it fly. I got the remote connected to the mavic and the app on my phone. The problem is that the GPS is not detected so it's in ATTI mode but won't let me take off. Any ideas?
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

just don't fly indoors, its asinine and idiotic. just dont do it. its like asking to break your $1000+ new toy
2017-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe first try outdoors and see how aircraft is outside, all Mavics can be flown indoors you need a very big indoor space to fly Atti mode,
2017-6-21
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hello.

The reason why you can not be allowed to take off is the new Geo / NFZ software in Mavic / DJIGO4. When DJI does not have a solid GPS position on your vessel, they automatically assume you are in an NFZ zone and say no no. The simple reason for the behavior from DJI's side is that people should not be able to cover the GPS antenna with silver paper and then fly in ATTI mode in an NFZ zone. As simple as that.   

That I personally expect it too stupid and try to fly indoors does not matter to the case. However, buy a small cheap $50 quadcopter with ATTI mode for your indoor flight. It's much cheaper and try to smash it instead of success it with yours expensive Mavic.   

Regards Leif.
2017-6-21
Use props
nyichiban
New
United States

Well thanks for the replies I guess but unfortunately not helpful. By indoors I have a pretty large space to fly it in, my home is about 1200 square feet and have 14ft high ceilings so I wanted to test the flight indoors first as Manhattan pretty much does not let you fly it anywhere.

Either way I was able to figure out the issue by searching youtube and it's works perfectly fine now. Thanks @hallmark007 for the only good response.
2017-6-22
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

nyichiban Posted at 2017-6-22 09:07
Well thanks for the replies I guess but unfortunately not helpful. By indoors I have a pretty large space to fly it in, my home is about 1200 square feet and have 14ft high ceilings so I wanted to test the flight indoors first as Manhattan pretty much does not let you fly it anywhere.

Either way I was able to figure out the issue by searching youtube and it's works perfectly fine now. Thanks @hallmark007 for the only good response.

fly litchi , and disable fence
2017-6-23
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have flown indoors without any issues. Be sure there is plenty of light for the Opti to work else the craft will drift.
2017-6-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-6-21 16:29
Hello.

The reason why you can not be allowed to take off is the new Geo / NFZ software in Mavic / DJIGO4. When DJI does not have a solid GPS position on your vessel, they automatically assume you are in an NFZ zone and say no no. The simple reason for the behavior from DJI's side is that people should not be able to cover the GPS antenna with silver paper and then fly in ATTI mode in an NFZ zone. As simple as that.   

I second that vote. That is unless there is a business reason to fly inside.
2017-6-23
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Need a lot of practice before flying indoor. Otherwise, you will soon crash it and risk of injury.
2017-6-23
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

nyichiban Posted at 2017-6-22 09:07

Unfortunately this community seems fairly toxic. I specifically bought my Mavic to fly at an indoor event coming up, and it works just fine. Disable RTH and set signal loss to hover. Learn every nuance of your quad. As a matter of safety don't fly it below 20 percent battery. Never put yourself in a position where the quad might decide to take any sort of "smart" action. Happy flying!
2017-6-23
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

You can fly indoors in Opti  mode if you have enough light. Try also with tripod mode to avoid crashing. Have in mind that opti mode only let you fly until certain high (20 meters if I'm not wrong)
2017-6-23
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Set Lost signal to hover, smart return to off (in battery menu), installed prop guards (more safety)
Enjoy your indoor flying
Note: room must be bright or you must be experienced pilot hehe
2017-6-23
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

The only time I'll fly mine inside is when I need an extra fan due to heat lol
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced