I might figured out the problem with Quickshots and SOLUTION
8981 36 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys,PLEASE NOTE: IN CASE SOMETHING HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE OR SPARK, I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY. SO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

As being an embedded engineer myself, I think I have figured out the reason for bad quickshots.

As we all know, the quickshots including:
1. Dronie: Fly backwards and up (I have tested with mobile wifi, the range is ~25m Distance and ~8m Height).
2. Circle: As the name. (Never tried this but I heard it will surround with the distance where it started).
3. Helix: if will go around and lift up at the end of the circle (I heard it make 4 cicles like that. Never tried this since was scared it will fly away).
4. Rocket: go up directly. (I have tested with mobile wifi, the range is ~27m Height, or at least it's when I lost the signal).

Recently, we got many report that in Dronie, it doesn't go up. In Rocket if drifted away or Helix if just lost the target and go far until lost the signal with your phone.

My theory:
We all know Spark camera resolution is only 1080p (1920x1080). I am sure all of you who have problem is using Android and when you first started DJI Go 4 you got the error message saying that you screensize is not correct..bla bla bla. and we, of course, press on cancel to skip it. Then when you go inside, the screen is a bit messy, and the icons sometimes overlap each other.
However, I think this is the root of the issue. in Quickshots, Spark got to (What I call technically: "image processing") realize the target you choose on the screen. However, the pixels (resolutions) are messed up because the image transferred from Spark is only 1920x1080 but your mobile screen is .. nowsaday, could be even 4K. Then, of course this will create noise to the image processing of Spark and it does not catch the correct target as you showed it on the phone. I am quite sure this is the reason why Spark drift away in Rocket/ Helix or not go up in Dronie.

So, solutions:
1. Buy an iphone Seems like iphone user does not have this issue.
2. Wait for DJI to develop some algorithm to process the image on your big screen (which I doubt anytime soon because I have attempted to contact DJI about android bug but they automatically answer that you need to use the phones that are supported in their list).
3. The solution I am using and testing, is to downscale your phone resolution to 1080p. If you are using Motorola Nexus 6, same as me, then please uninstall DJI Go 4, and follow below video to downscale:

However, that guy downscale to 720p, no need, in the code, please use as below:
• adb shell wm size 1080x1920
• adb shell wm density 420 && adb reboot
Then reinstall DJI Go 4. When you go into the app, you will see right away that the software fit your screen, every icons looks neat. No more screen size warning. Now, you are good to test. I have only try rocket. Please see link below, go straight up above my head, no drift. I will go to a soccer course to test other modes tomorrow.

If you using other google smartphone, I think you can do the same, since the guy said this method apply for any google phone.

OK guys, I guess that's it. Again, I would like to emphasize I will not be responsible if something happen to your phone or Spark.
Keep flying guys!

Phuong Do
2017-6-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

And this is the rocket before the fix, same drone, same firmware.
2017-6-22
Use props
Interloper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251824 ft
United Kingdom

I think you are wrong. The problems occur with my android device and my iOS device. I've never had any warning that my android screen is not compatable with the app. Active track works fine (which is what quick shots essentially does).
2017-6-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Interloper Posted at 2017-6-22 04:33
I think you are wrong. The problems occur with my android device and my iOS device. I've never had any warning that my android screen is not compatable with the app. Active track works fine (which is what quick shots essentially does).

I have not yet been able to try other mode besides rocket. So can't say for sure. It's night time here in my country so cannot confirm. That why I made this thread so that some guys on the other side of the Earth can try and confirm my theory
If not, I will try tomorrow and confirm again in this thread. Anyway, I have also send the query to DJI with the flight record to check..
Anyway, at least this way fix the inferace problem on android phone for me.
2017-6-22
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I have an iPhone with the RC and Dronie does not rise up for me.  Therefore it's not just an android problem.  I haven't tried Helix or Circle yet because of space restrictions.  
2017-6-22
Use props
AZ Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143757 ft
United States

I have an Iphone 7 plus and as you can see from my post, it is happening to me.
2017-6-22
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

i think you are wrong since the moment that it happens to me using an iPad Mini, so... makes no sense
2017-6-22
Use props
JohnyDell
New
Flight distance : 2556 ft
United States

ditto ...... iPhone 7+ totally has the same issues
2017-6-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Hi guys, I have tested my theory today and confirm it is true for my case. Sorry that I do not know the issue with iphone or ipad. But this totally fixed my quickshots mode on smart phone. Please see the successful demo below.

Another suggestion for iOS users, please try to fly Spark a bit far from you at the beginning so that Spark can see the whole body of you rather than just the face or part of your body. If that still not fix then I think you need to report to DJI team.

Please see successful Dronie below:

Please see my successful Circle below:

Please see successful Helix below, I gotta stop midway because Spark hit the branches. But you can see how he kept tracking me and not drifted away like before. Please note that Spark flies pretty far in this mode, so make sure you have really really BIG area to try this mode. Luckily a few crack on my Propellor only (Wish someone can sponsore me new set ^^):

And finally, Rocket, Spark go up  smoothly right above my head:

So....AWE...SOME...!!! Well Done DJI. Now, I really wish DJI would send me a controller to test. Currency exchange is to high in my country, therefore I would need to save up until year end to get my hand on the controller....
Anyway, I am happy enough with Gesture mode and Quickshot.

Keep Flying guys,

Also, if you think this post useful and informative, keep this on top
Phuong Do

2017-6-22
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-6-22 22:03
Hi guys, I have tested my theory today and confirm it is true for my case. Sorry that I do not know the issue with iphone or ipad. But this totally fixed my quickshots mode on smart phone. Please see the successful demo below.

Another suggestion for iOS users, please try to fly Spark a bit far from you at the beginning so that Spark can see the whole body of you rather than just the face or part of your body. If that still not fix then I think you need to report to DJI team.

nice job!

which is the highest height it takes in dronnie mode??
2017-6-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

marcloig Posted at 2017-6-22 23:21
nice job!

which is the highest height it takes in dronnie mode??

Hi Marcloig, Thank you.
According to my Flight record.
Spark start at: 2m Distance - 2m Height
Stop at: 42m Distance - 10m Height
Then return to me smoothly, no issue at all.

Actually, I just read in another thread that when you choose the Quickshot, second tap on the icon will bring up the parameter for you to choose. Not yet tried. I will try tomorrow and let you know.
2017-6-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

2017-6-22
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Untitled.png
2017-6-22
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

I saw it once when i was about to make a quickshot, but i have never saw the bar again.

how u make it show up?
2017-6-23
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

marcloig Posted at 2017-6-23 09:57
I saw it once when i was about to make a quickshot, but i have never saw the bar again.

how u make it show up?

Hi,
I have not yet tried Helix, Dronie and Rocket, but just like the guy said, cannot set for circle.
2017-6-23
Use props
fans3c3673db
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

You tap the Dronie icon and then tap it again to get a distance bar selector.  

Dear Administrator...I have the same problem with Dronie not climbing...haven't tried the other Quickshots.
2017-6-24
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-6-24 12:54
You tap the Dronie icon and then tap it again to get a distance bar selector.  

Dear Administrator...I have the same problem with Dronie not climbing...haven't tried the other Quickshots.

Hi, I am not administrator, but have you try my solution in the top of this thread (If you are using Android phone). I did not have any issues with quickshots after I change the resolution of my phone.
2017-6-24
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

marcloig Posted at 2017-6-23 09:57

how u make it show up?

Hi Marcloig, I have successfully control the distance. See this new thread I just made.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-101727-1-1.html
2017-6-24
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-6-24 20:51
Hi Marcloig, I have successfully control the distance. See this new thread I just made.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-101727-1-1.html

yeah, i knew it.. but it didnt work either...
2017-6-25
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

marcloig Posted at 2017-6-25 12:42
yeah, i knew it.. but it didnt work either...

Hi Marcloig,
As I am aware you are using Iphone, I guess they have not yet updated the DJI Go 4 for ip (Not so sure though, you might need to check the release note). But for Android, they stated that clearly in the release note. See attachment.After my fix for the resolution in my thread for Android, Spark works flawlessly for me, no issue at all. So, if you still have issue with Spark, I suggest you push DJI to work on the DJI Go App because I can assure Spark has issue on the programming side (If, I supposed your Spark has no issue with the circuit).
Or to be sure, you can use an Android phone on your Spark to check if their is programming issue with your Spark.
But after all, when you got it under control, it worths the effort my family is happy with it. Very good drone for family.

Keep flying
19531888_1548071958558240_2009109005_o.png
2017-6-25
Use props
marcloig
lvl.2
Spain

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-6-25 18:20
Hi Marcloig,
As I am aware you are using Iphone, I guess they have not yet updated the DJI Go 4 for ip (Not so sure though, you might need to check the release note). But for Android, they stated that clearly in the release note. See attachment.After my fix for the resolution in my thread for Android, Spark works flawlessly for me, no issue at all. So, if you still have issue with Spark, I suggest you push DJI to work on the DJI Go App because I can assure Spark has issue on the programming side (If, I supposed your Spark has no issue with the circuit).
Or to be sure, you can use an Android phone on your Spark to check if their is programming issue with your Spark.

thanks a lot!

but which is exactly the issue that it solves according to the image u attached?

i mean, it doesnt talk about quickshots solution or DJI app to work in 1080 when editing.

anyway, i already wrote them many times about this issues.

thanks!
2017-6-27
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

iPhone 7 plus here, Dronie, circle and rocket worked for me the first time but the Spark did lose track of me during the only Helix test I tried so far. This is using only the WiFi/mobile device, waiting on my RC.
As I typed this, I noticed an iOS update available for GO 4, just says 'bug fixes' though...
2017-6-27
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply,
I was saying the update stated that DJI Go 4 (on Android) after that update, let you choose the distance in quickshots.
For the 1080p screen resolution, obviously they did not say something about that...and I also do not have evidence about that (Unless I can access Spark source code). So that is why I said the screen resolution issue was my theory. And it really work for me, so ...
2017-6-27
Use props
fans375cc1d1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294619 ft
United States

All, this is not a solution to anything.  This creates more problems than answers.
2017-6-28
Use props
fans375cc1d1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294619 ft
United States

AZ Flyer Posted at 2017-6-22 09:29
I have an Iphone 7 plus and as you can see from my post, it is happening to me.

Ditto here.
2017-6-28
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

fans375cc1d1 Posted at 2017-6-28 11:22
All, this is not a solution to anything.  This creates more problems than answers.

Hi,
May I ask which kind of phone you use? IPhone or Android?
As we were discussing above, I don't know about IPhone and this moethod won't fix Iphone.
For Android, as you said: "This creates more problems than answers", then please list out what is the problem this method create to you?

Please note I used the word "might", so this could not solve your issue, but this solved mine, I have videos to show how I had my quickshots work after this.
Also, this method just change the smartphone resolution, it cannot create any problems, if there is any problem besides the display of your phone, it must be because of your phone, not because of this method.
And finally, you can change back to original resolution anytime, so again, I don't understand why this create problems to you?
2017-6-28
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Hi guys,
Just to let you know that method is now OBSOLETE. Since the update on 30 June 17 to DJI Go 4, I realized the resolution of the app Android is normal now. No need to downscale anymore.
2017-7-1
Use props
PaulB
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all,

I just spoke with some people on YouTube who have managed to use Dronie and Helix successfully  and they all used Iphones.

I suspect the problem is with the Android apps.
2017-7-12
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

PaulB Posted at 2017-7-12 02:58
Hi all,

I just spoke with some people on YouTube who have managed to use Dronie and Helix successfully  and they all used Iphones.

Just as I confirmed in the last reply, this resolution matter has been fixed in the last DJI Go app update. So please ignore this thread
2017-7-12
Use props
J.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 172562 ft
United States

I have an iPhone 6s Plus, Helix and Dronie mode doesn't work correctly, so i doubt that all these problems are only for android users, is a general issue.
2017-7-12
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52562 ft
Canada

I'm having the same issue with iPhone CE... Latest app version and firmware. I'm hardwired to controller. When I initiate QuickShot for dronie, helix, or rocket, and I select my subject, then hit the quickshot mode again to get the distance slider, the setting seems to be ignored. The drone only stops pulling away when I cancel the shot. If it renders a 10 sec video, I'm not sure why the drone doesn't stop after 10 secs , or a selected distance.
2017-7-12
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

I love the OP's Helix video, the function does seem to work but it crashed into a tree!

2017-7-12
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Interloper Posted at 2017-6-22 04:33

Yes - Op is wrong. I only have an iOS device and I have all the same problems.....

Dronie with no elevation etc...
2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-6-22 22:03

Thank you for the work you are doing with this.
2017-7-13
Use props
Tinch0
lvl.1
Argentina

Im using Iphone SE and I have the same problem. Dronie wont climb and helix wont work. Note that I have already updated everything after the 27/07 update was released.
2017-7-31
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

Tinch0 Posted at 2017-7-31 10:49
Im using Iphone SE and I have the same problem. Dronie wont climb and helix wont work. Note that I have already updated everything after the 27/07 update was released.

Hi, sorry, this thread was long time ago, the issues with resolution has been fixed so please ignore this thread,
2017-7-31
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Awesome Video ! Very informative !
2018-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules