Mavic vs IPhone. (Image focus)
837 7 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

spent 20 mins with the mavic pointing out of the garden trying to get the tree at the end near middle to focus and also have less blur on the tree to the left of the car.....tried all various settings and just couldn't alter to achieve it.....examples below, then the one I take from same spot from iPhone....! One take needed on that, why is the Mavic camera such hard work due to fuzzy or inconsistent image ?  Or is there a problem with some of them.....?

See below from Mavic, then I pulled out my mobile and took one what's going on with this ?

Then I'd had enough and tested with mobile, quite a difference all on default...I tried adjusting everything on Mavic to get the same but couldn't manage it

iPhone

Do I have a defective camera on mine ? If I bought a 4K video recorder I would expect it to focus correctly out of the box with minimal altering needed for basic shots, at the moment I'm spending more time trying to get good pic than flying it .....any advice appreciated...
2017-6-24
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

AWB, Cloudy, all on normal for other settings, adjusted shutter as too bright to take shot on some...
2017-6-24
Use props
DhiAn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3343 ft
United Kingdom

Can't see the photos; so I can't confirm. But, if you're noticing one sided blur, then it's likely  caused by well known hardware sensor/lens misalignment issue that requires DJI fix. No point wasting time on editing the settings or upgrading firmware.

FYI Had the same blur issue on my first mavic, returned it and I got a new one yesterday and the photo looks sharp!
2017-6-24
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

DhiAn Posted at 2017-6-24 06:27
Can't see the photos; so I can't confirm. But, if you're noticing one sided blur, then it's likely  caused by well known hardware sensor/lens misalignment issue that requires DJI fix. No point wasting time on editing the settings or upgrading firmware.

FYI Had the same blur issue on my first mavic, returned it and I got a new one yesterday and the photo looks sharp!

I'm having to just fight with settings all the time, just been out and again wasted 20 mins, got home and just wiped card, all rubbish etc.... I shouldn't need to post work, it should be "good" as standard but on mine it's far from it... I think if you click the icons they open up on external image host bud.

DJI have set max 1mb on image uploads so screenshots or images uploaded from iPad are not possible
2017-6-24
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Of the 2 mavics we bought, one went back with the right side blur, left side focus issue.  New one our vendor sent us back is fine.  Now, just have to make sure the focus IS focused, which also seems to be a bit hit and miss on both of them.

-Rodger
2017-6-24
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

Rodger Marjama Posted at 2017-6-24 10:37
Of the 2 mavics we bought, one went back with the right side blur, left side focus issue.  New one our vendor sent us back is fine.  Now, just have to make sure the focus IS focused, which also seems to be a bit hit and miss on both of them.

-Rodger

Yeah that's my issue, I'm hitting focus as needed but then when I pull files off or view on pc or iPad they are just poor, kinda ruins the experience etc, got a great vid of active track circling the object, looked ok on my controller screen etc, then got home and pulled file off and it's just poor. Gutted really and I'm just wasting time now..

If I send back to my seller and get a refund or replacement is there something I need to do to empty controller and mavic of my logs...so my data doesn't go back etc ? I'll of course wipe sd card.
It's a shame but I'm not messing with it anymore, I'll try a new replacement from amazon, if that's bad too I'll prob go for the P4P instead.
2017-6-24
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-24 11:33
Yeah that's my issue, I'm hitting focus as needed but then when I pull files off or view on pc or iPad they are just poor, kinda ruins the experience etc, got a great vid of active track circling the object, looked ok on my controller screen etc, then got home and pulled file off and it's just poor. Gutted really and I'm just wasting time now..

If I send back to my seller and get a refund or replacement is there something I need to do to empty controller and mavic of my logs...so my data doesn't go back etc ? I'll of course wipe sd card.

I guess you could do a reset on the RC and keep your SD card, it's yours.

-Rodger
2017-6-24
Use props
vinnyhofx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 563264 ft
Canada

@Rodger: would you consider this one being from a defect Mavic? I'm having a hard time getting a perfectly in-focus shot when doing landscape...

DJI_0028-2.jpg
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules