DJI Phantom 4 Remote Controller Battery stop charging at 2nd lights
7608 19 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
33 UAV
lvl.1

United States

First of all, I researched everything online about my P4 remote controller battery issue. My remote controller stop charging at 2nd lights (48% battery life). None of them has been resolved... yet. After reading everything in this forum, I'm skeptical to contact the support for the case and so on. I cannot believe how long it take to get it fixed. A couple of weeks or month?! There is no way I can ship my both remote contoller and P4 to the support to evaluate and so on. I have a client's project that I have to fly with my drone in 2 weeks. I'm starting to get fustrated with my DJI remote controller because I charged it per 25 minutes flight.

Ship my remote controller and drone to the support is my only last option which I will hate it for. Is there anyone who can "magically" resolve this remote controller battery?
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the trouble and inconvenience caused. Charging issue is usually caused by hardware defect, I'm afraid the RC still need to be sent in, aircraft is not necessary to be shipped. We will take care of it when it arrives.
2017-6-25
Use props
33 UAV
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-25 20:21
We are sorry for the trouble and inconvenience caused. Charging issue is usually caused by hardware defect, I'm afraid the RC still need to be sent in, aircraft is not necessary to be shipped. We will take care of it when it arrives.

Is it any possible that my RC can be shipped, fixed and returned to me by July 16? July 17 is a day I have to work with my client.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

33 UAV Posted at 2017-6-26 09:06
Is it any possible that my RC can be shipped, fixed and returned to me by July 16? July 17 is a day I have to work with my client.

Unfortunately, there is no way to advise on when the unit can be sent back. All repairs are done on a first come, first serve basis.
2017-6-26
Use props
33 UAV
lvl.1

United States

Can I get a new replacement RC while I send my defective RC to a support for evaluation and so on?
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

33 UAV Posted at 2017-6-26 17:13
Can I get a new replacement RC while I send my defective RC to a support for evaluation and so on?

If you would like to replace the RC, it must be within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving and it suffers performance failure, which will be evaluated by repair team. Otherwise, we will help to repair rather than replacing.
2017-6-26
Use props
33 UAV
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-26 19:01
If you would like to replace the RC, it must be within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving and it suffers performance failure, which will be evaluated by repair team. Otherwise, we will help to repair rather than replacing.

OK. How can I do that for the replacement?
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

33 UAV Posted at 2017-6-26 21:28
OK. How can I do that for the replacement?

Please contact our support by phone or online chat via the the link below: http://www.dji.com/support
They will assist to open a ticket for you.
2017-6-26
Use props
33 UAV 6
lvl.1

United States

DJI Customer Support AND Repair Department are utterly jokes. I made a big regret for sending my RC to a repair department on June 29. My RC is still there right now. The email from DJI about "exchange" is a load of lies.

BEWARE! DO NOT LET THEM TO FIX YOUR DRONE OR REMOTE CONTROLLER IF YOU HAVE A DRONE BUSINESS.

I LOST 2 CLIENTS WHICH I WAS SUPPOSED TO FLY YESTERDAY AND TODAY.

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED AT THIS DJI.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

33 UAV 6 Posted at 2017-7-12 19:15
DJI Customer Support AND Repair Department are utterly jokes. I made a big regret for sending my RC to a repair department on June 29. My RC is still there right now. The email from DJI about "exchange" is a load of lies.

BEWARE! DO NOT LET THEM TO FIX YOUR DRONE OR REMOTE CONTROLLER IF YOU HAVE A DRONE BUSINESS.

I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience and the inconvenience that has been caused to your work. Please leave me with the case number, I will help to check the status and get an update for you.
2017-7-16
Use props
33 UAV 6
lvl.1

United States

My case is CAS-748404-P0J3D9 and of course, it hasn't shipped out yet. It is ready to be shipped out but still sitting there for weeks according to a few of online representatives (10+ times online support chat visits and got all SAME BS!

I might as well as going to switch over to shop a drone from DJI's top competitor to continue my aerial business without DJI.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

33 UAV 6 Posted at 2017-7-20 13:59
My case is CAS-748404-P0J3D9 and of course, it hasn't shipped out yet. It is ready to be shipped out but still sitting there for weeks according to a few of online representatives (10+ times online support chat visits and got all SAME BS!

I might as well as going to switch over to shop a drone from DJI's top competitor to continue my aerial business without DJI.

Sincerely sorry for the delay in the whole process, I've informed our appropriate team to look into this case, will escalate it , hope we can get it sorted out soon, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.
2017-7-21
Use props
Studio Luce Pho
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-21 00:15
Sincerely sorry for the delay in the whole process, I've informed our appropriate team to look into this case, will escalate it , hope we can get it sorted out soon, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.

Hi Team, I am desperate. I have been using my DJI Phantom 4 with no problems until today. Now my Remote will not charge. I see there has been a long long list of problems on the DJI forum, I can not send my remote back as I do not have time and I should not have to pay for shipping when the update caused this issue. I updated earlier yesterday morning to the latest firmware and BANG!!!! the problem began. Please help this is URGENT. I have a client shoot in 6 hours I need this resolved as I believe it IS a hardware issue, I do not believe for the money I paid I should be experiencing this kind of issue. Please contact ASAP.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Studio Luce Pho Posted at 2017-10-15 07:11
Hi Team, I am desperate. I have been using my DJI Phantom 4 with no problems until today. Now my Remote will not charge. I see there has been a long long list of problems on the DJI forum, I can not send my remote back as I do not have time and I should not have to pay for shipping when the update caused this issue. I updated earlier yesterday morning to the latest firmware and BANG!!!! the problem began. Please help this is URGENT. I have a client shoot in 6 hours I need this resolved as I believe it IS a hardware issue, I do not believe for the money I paid I should be experiencing this kind of issue. Please contact ASAP.

Sorry to hear that, could you please provide more details of your RC issue for better assistance? A video about it will be highly appreciated.
2017-10-16
Use props
fans09be69fb
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

I have the same problem with my phantom 4 remote control. What can i do? This cost me about 1,500.00 and never has been used.
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans09be69fb Posted at 2017-11-22 07:21
I have the same problem with my phantom 4 remote control. What can i do? This cost me about 1,500.00 and never has been used.

Sorry for the trouble caused, so the RC cannot be charged right? Where did you purchase the RC?
2017-11-22
Use props
fansea31510b
New

Malaysia

Hi,

It seems like a lot of people are having a problem with charging the controller. My phantom 4 controller stopped charging out of the blue, same case as the above mentioned: stop charging at the 2nd LED Light. And I learnt that buying a new controller would not be compatible with the existing aircraft. Please advise whether is it a series defect or firmware upgrade issue. I have been searching high and low in Malaysia for someone who can solve this problem but unfortunately... I hope you can refer me to someone who can help with this.

Thanks,
Zelt
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansea31510b Posted at 2018-1-5 19:27
Hi,

It seems like a lot of people are having a problem with charging the controller. My phantom 4 controller stopped charging out of the blue, same case as the above mentioned: stop charging at the 2nd LED Light. And I learnt that buying a new controller would not be compatible with the existing aircraft. Please advise whether is it a series defect or firmware upgrade issue. I have been searching high and low in Malaysia for someone who can solve this problem but unfortunately... I hope you can refer me to someone who can help with this.

Hi Zelt, we are sorry to know that you have the same issue, if the RC cannot be charged, we recommend to send RC in for diagnosis. If you are unavailable, please try to find local repair center to see if they can help you out: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
Besides, the new RC is compatible with the drone as long as the firmware are matched, thank you.
2018-1-6
Use props
fans7f02b4a3
New
Canada

Good Day I just received my drone in the mail today for the second time as the first one the controller would not charge. I purchased it from best buy and they told me to return the whole unit and order another one. I did this last week received my second one today only for it to have the exact same problem! Can you please send me another controller as this is a bit bizarre that I happened to get two units with the same defect don't you think?
2018-1-8
Use props
fans5d126db8
New

United States

Having the same defect with my DJI Phantom 4, used a few weeks ago. Opened up to use again and controller making beeping noises and will not charge. First two lights flash when plugged in but then turn off. There’s has to be some sort of defect with the controller. Just outside of owning for 1 year.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules