Another FW download question for my P3S
747 3 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

I haven't downloaded the 1.9.20 FW yet .. But ...

When I click onto the GO APP on my cell phone it has a red bar and says "New firmware available P3 Standard 1.9.20 ... "Update Now"  .

(A) Does this mean I can simple click on "Update now"  to update the firmware,

rather than;
download the firmware onto my comp
then copy to the AC SDcard
then put the SDcard back in the AC to update
then update the controller....etc etc etc

If so,  "to me"  it would be much simpler to click the " Update Now " on my cell phone "GO APP" to update my AC FW,  since I am not really compfortable with the whole computer thing

Also, if it can be done simply threw the Go App, (B) why does DJI not promote it ?  and (C) why is everyone doing it with their computors (via download to sdcard)

Need help please, I'm way to confused
Clint

2017-6-25
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

The update process can all be done using just your mobile device. That's how I've done it for all firmware that was ever released since I bought my P3S some 17 months ago. It's not to say that it was always smooth sailing, but in all cases, I was able to complete the update successfully.

Thing is, updating the firmware using the mobile device is frequently problematic. The steps typically involve; a) Downloading the firmware from the internet to your mobile device. b) The firmware is transferred from the mobile device to your aircraft's SD card using WiFi, and c) The firmware is decompressed and installed within the aircraft, controller, and/or battery. (That's why it's called a 3-in-1 firmware).

Step 'b' above is the part where things typically break. A glitch on the mobile device, the app, the WiFi link, or the transfer to the aircraft gets interrupted for whatever reason and you're likely going to end up with a broken firmware. People manually copying the firmware to the SD card is practically bypassing this stage.

The key is to be patient and to not panic. In many cases, the upgrade progress would seem to linger at 90-odd percent and appears to have become stuck. More often than not, it will finish the upgrade and all you'll have is a bit of scare... or undue palpitations if you'd had too much coffee. Otherwise, if the update initially failed, you just start all over and things should sort by themselves.
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can upgrade P3S firmware by clicking “upgrade now”. Here is the tutorial video, watch it if it is necessary:
Different kind of drone has the different way to upgrade the firmware. Download and copy the upgrading bin file is the way to upgrade drone like P3A/P3P etc.
Any question please contact us.
2017-6-25
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I made the upgrade as the Go app prompted to me and the bin-file is stored on the SD-card after the upgrade with the log file together in the root of the card. I had to switch between the home WIFI and the P3 WIFI. Very important was,i did not unplug the battery charger from the tab.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules